[3.16] Dark Pact Totems | The smoothest spell totem skill around, now post-nerf updated

First off, thanks for this guide, this build is amazing. With it I was able to do uber lab at level 67 and an ilvl 82 Catarina at level 73. I have been going between 2-3 builds this league and wandered across this build last night and decided to try it as I was able to get my hands on an Astral Projector ring. As soon as I hit 40 this build just took off. I can't believe how well it performs, I have not really done a totem build before but this changed my mind big time. That's all I wanted to say, thanks a lot again for this build guide!
Updated my passive tree, helmet enchant, and now running ailment immunity!

Huge DPS upgrade by using a Dominus base Militant Faith with mana regen and totem dmg per devotion in the upper left cluster. Had to find one that did not overwrite my Wither node.

The timeless jewel gives you Inner Conviction, which works because we have minimum Frenzy crafts, so we get to keep frenzy charges, and it becomes a free 12% more dmg, 32% increased totem dmg, 4.8 mana per second. Here is POB

https://pastebin.com/RqaaiR78

Farmed up an Awakened Hextouch support, but have to level it first. Once it is level 5 (might take a while XD) I will set up a storm brand link in my trigger wand with despair, and place Assassins mark in my wither link.

In the PoB i've set it up so you just have to allocate Whispers of Doom on the tree and it will enable Assassins mark, for a peek at the absurd dmg increase.

Im at 35% XP after 2 deaths, which were due to me being a complete idiot. I died once in a -11% max res map somehow. Then, in the same map, I walked up to an Esh ball lightning to test how much dmg I take from elemental....

....did not realise ball lightning would stun lock and kill me :)))))

The next gear upgrades might be a +2 wand and a +1 Amulet/Shield
Last edited by Bobirobsan1 on May 3, 2021, 7:34:30 AM
Hey,

very nice setup!

how do you reach ailment immunity (100%) ?
With my gloves I am actually at 55% avoidance, sadly i have no luck crafting my shaper boots yet. But with those (ilvl81) i would hit max. 90%.

The Cowards Legacy seems to be a very nice Option, but not sure if i want to go for it, i would go down to 4.5k HP from 4.8k HP and need to look for another passive Point. ^^

if i manage to link my second mantle i will also try to double corrupt it, but i see the "poof" incoming :D

"
Bobirobsan1 wrote:
Updated my passive tree, helmet enchant, and now running ailment immunity!

Huge DPS upgrade by using a Dominus base Militant Faith with mana regen and totem dmg per devotion in the upper left cluster. Had to find one that did not overwrite my Wither node.

The timeless jewel gives you Inner Conviction, which works because we have minimum Frenzy crafts, so we get to keep frenzy charges, and it becomes a free 12% more dmg, 32% increased totem dmg, 4.8 mana per second. Here is POB

https://pastebin.com/RqaaiR78

Farmed up an Awakened Hextouch support, but have to level it first. Once it is level 5 (might take a while XD) I will set up a storm brand link in my trigger wand with despair, and place Assassins mark in my wither link.

In the PoB i've set it up so you just have to allocate Whispers of Doom on the tree and it will enable Assassins mark, for a peek at the absurd dmg increase.

Im at 35% XP after 2 deaths, which were due to me being a complete idiot. I died once in a -11% max res map somehow. Then, in the same map, I walked up to an Esh ball lightning to test how much dmg I take from elemental....

....did not realise ball lightning would stun lock and kill me :)))))

The next gear upgrades might be a +2 wand and a +1 Amulet/Shield
Last edited by DunklerKoenig on May 3, 2021, 8:21:12 AM
"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
Hey,

very nice setup!

how do you reach ailment immunity (100%) ?
With my gloves I am actually at 55% avoidance, sadly i have no luck crafting my shaper boots yet. But with those (ilvl81) i would hit max. 90%.

Your passive tree does not reach 'Arcane Swiftness' - Shield Spell damage nodes on the right side near the Spell Crit nodes.

That is where the rest of the Ailment immunity comes from. Glancing Blows is very strong with the shield you have right now as you will recover a lot of mana in Ultimatums.

But to get full ailment immunity you will need to have it on the shield too, unless u path to Arcane Swiftness.

And yes, cowards Legacy is a pain to fit into the build, both in terms of pure EHP and balancing resists. If your gear allows it, its a free 30% more dmg :)
ilvl 91+ shaper boots could be an option since those should be able to have up to +50% avoid ailments. Sadly there are actually no ones on the market.

Maybe i try Cowards Legacy if i get more currency. The resistances are not a problem, only the remaining 4.4k life is a bit tricky, but 30% more damage is pretty nice.

I also got a Divergent Wither and a Self-Flagatation now. More damage has always been a decent layer of defence ^^

But it becomes more and more difficult to decide what to upgrade next. Some upgrades are simple but also very expensive.
first time making a totem build and it was an absolute blast to play. did the agnostic version of this build cuz i've never tried that kind of defense before and thought it'd be fun. so far so good, commpletely steamrolling everything except the feared as i'm still lackng the dps to delete the bosses there.

which leads me to my little problem of figuring out how to raise my dps. im not too sure what to do besides expensive stuff like awakened hextouch or speccing away from agnostic. any help will be super appreciated!

here's my pob if anyone cares to take a look: https://pastebin.com/NK69YFrZ

You can check my PoB in the posts above, I have roughly twice your dmg with only 1 curse up. My survivability is lower than yours.

But I got to lvl 98 now with only 3 deaths between 97 and 98. Did a deathless Simulacrum, a 4way and 5way Legion, a whole bunch of Heists and Maps, with some Alvas.

The 3 deaths were all due to not respecting map mods, playing -max Res is not a good idea when trying to level :D.

It does involve fairly cautious gameplay. And Awakener 9 Sirus did take 1 portal away from me today, but that's my own fault for getting hit there :) During maps however I feel very safe usually, even in Ultimatums.

This build has plenty of upgrades left to be made though, both offensive and defensive.
Last edited by Bobirobsan1 on May 4, 2021, 7:54:21 AM
"
Bobirobsan1 wrote:
You can check my PoB in the posts above, I have roughly twice your dmg with only 1 curse up. My survivability is lower than yours.

But I got to lvl 98 now with only 3 deaths between 97 and 98. Did a deathless Simulacrum, a 4way and 5way Legion, a whole bunch of Heists and Maps, with some Alvas.

The 3 deaths were all due to not respecting map mods, playing -max Res is not a good idea when trying to level :D.

It does involve fairly cautious gameplay. And Awakener 9 Sirus did take 1 portal away from me today, but that's my own fault for getting hit there :) During maps however I feel very safe usually, even in Ultimatums.

This build has plenty of upgrades left to be made though, both offensive and defensive.

thx for the reply! i took a look at your passive tree and yours is a non-agnostic version which is also fairly less tanky but much MUCH more dps like you said. changing my talent tree to yours brings me up to 2+mil per totem without flasks.
however, i opted to stay agnostic and be overall be tankier cuz of irl reasons as i highly doubt i can stay alive very well without the extra defenses.
@ciggaro, your build looks extremely tuned, balanced, and with plenty of DPS to go around. You won't be able to add more DPS without sacrificing defense. You've definitely reached that point. I'll save your POB, since it's a highly competent Agnostic variant.

I like seeing you guys crushing with your characters! Currently I'm playing a Burning Arrow Elementalist, which is an absolute black hole for currency and doesn't come close to matching the Budget x Power value of Dark Pact Totems. But at least its different.

I'll keep espousing the budget version of Dark Pact here, because I want players to know how incredibly viable the build can be, with simple gear and no Soul Mantle restrictions. But I do look forward to switching my gear up before the end of the league, and try something based on the variants here!
Hey,

i farmed myself an Awakener Orb, is there any useful combination to use it? Maybe on the Amulet?

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info