PSA: Octopath Traveler 50% off on Steam

"
I mean don't let the pixel art fool. You this game is challenging. It's very min-max-y and to be honest the gameplay is very interesting.

You find a top tier item on an NPC then save scum until your thief steals it. The end.
There is also another upcoming ARPG in 2020 maybe as EA.

Named Slormancer. A pixel art game like Hero Siege or Chronicon but with better visuals in that regard.

It seems to have a big passive tree similar like PoE and unique items with a downside similar like PoE.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
I mean don't let the pixel art fool. You this game is challenging. It's very min-max-y and to be honest the gameplay is very interesting.

You find a top tier item on an NPC then save scum until your thief steals it. The end.

lol not at all

the game isn't designed like fallout. there is a lot of level gating going on. So taht top tier item won't make any difference early game because you'll still get one shot by higher level enemies...

Not to mention that in order to reach certain places you have to win the pokemon battles with the hunter. And the items she has equiped don't do anything to help you there... i mean no offensively.

Anyway, it's much more effiecient to scrutinize people in town so that they get better weapons in stock. Then to just get a discount on the better weapons and to buy them from the shop. But yeah... you can save scum items. I got a really nice dagger for my thief. But it's really not that useful in practice
Last edited by BearCares on Oct 30, 2020, 11:08:12 PM
Its not that hard once you realize what the combat system is all about - breaking defenses and stunning enemies. You need 3 characters - the Scribe, the Hunter and the Merchant. The Scribe is the best AoE character in the game and covers all elemental damage weaknesses. The Hunter can catch beasts that cover the martial weaknesses, from bows to swords. The Merchant can give them...I forgot what they are called...ultimate points, exertion points, whatever, she can boost their attacks to hit multiple times and always stun.

The fourth character can be anything with the Dancer subclass because it boosts damage. Once you have this configuration the game kinda turns into a joke.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info