[3.16]Physical Conversion Bowyer | Barrage + IS/LA/TS | PF/Deadeye | All content

"
lazyrabbit711 wrote:

For awk gems, just get those relatively cheap one first like ele focus and ele damage with att, and start lvling them, you can also get awk cold pen, as it is very cheap now, but can be very usefule if you lvl it to lvl 5

For more expensive gear, I would priortize the following:

1. Get a Chin Sol with high flat phys Scourge mod
2. Start transition from lioneye to cluster set up, and get more good rare jewels
3. Gloves and 2-mod wathcers
4. Get better amulet and shaper ring (can check high budget PoB)
5. Elusive boots, Helm with -cold res/crit multi (or you can use asenath chant for auto cast), but make sure you can still cap your res when you make the change

Note that 3 and 4 can get quite expensive, and highly depend on what you can get on the market if you are not crafting yourself.

Cold pen should be replacing added cold?
soz, duplicated
Last edited by Turentkm on Oct 31, 2021, 3:43:40 PM
"
Turentkm wrote:

Cold pen should be replacing added cold?

It depends, you should use PoB to check which combination gives the highest. If you have bottled faith, you might wanna get rid of increase crit chance support. Best thing about cold pen is that it can apply cold exposure so you don't need to hand cast, and save 1 gem slot. But let aside the cold exposure, it might give less dps than added cold.
"
lazyrabbit711 wrote:
"
Harrryy wrote:
Want to make this in standard with around 500ex. What items should I prioritise: my guess would be bow.

With 500ex in standard, I would suggest try to follow my high budget PoB. For the bow, it is important to get a good bow, but the cost for a good bow is extremely high in std. If you want a +2 arrow bow with 550 pdps, it's already gonna cost you probably your whole 500ex. I would say if you cannot find a good rare bow which is cost-effective, you can start with a legacy Arborix (the version with Far Shot) for cheap, and try to see if you can buy anything at a much cheaper price in league.

Got it up and running for around 100ex in the end due to some things not being able to sell. There are some decent bows in std (wrong base) for ~150ex and that looks like my next upgrade. Currently using legacy arborix with the crit multi and far shot, and bossing is great for my gear.

Looking forward to sinking some more ex into it.
"
Harrryy wrote:
"
lazyrabbit711 wrote:
"
Harrryy wrote:
Want to make this in standard with around 500ex. What items should I prioritise: my guess would be bow.

With 500ex in standard, I would suggest try to follow my high budget PoB. For the bow, it is important to get a good bow, but the cost for a good bow is extremely high in std. If you want a +2 arrow bow with 550 pdps, it's already gonna cost you probably your whole 500ex. I would say if you cannot find a good rare bow which is cost-effective, you can start with a legacy Arborix (the version with Far Shot) for cheap, and try to see if you can buy anything at a much cheaper price in league.

Got it up and running for around 100ex in the end due to some things not being able to sell. There are some decent bows in std (wrong base) for ~150ex and that looks like my next upgrade. Currently using legacy arborix with the crit multi and far shot, and bossing is great for my gear.

Looking forward to sinking some more ex into it.

If you are not using spine base, just make sure the base crit is high enough for you to almost cap your crit, and check PoB how much more dps it gives you, since legacy arborix actually gives very high dps while you have Iron reflex.

GL further!

Hey, thanks for the guide. Currently I'm farming currency to switch to this build.
I have a question regarding conversion. Lightning Arrrow gem itself has 50% phys to light, and we are doing 100% phys to cold. At the end, how it works? Are hitting with 50% lightning and 50% cold or 100% cold?
Also, why everyone on poe.ninja is using yoke of suffering? Is it better than rare amulet?
Last edited by Hyperionkek on Nov 1, 2021, 7:05:02 PM
"
Hyperionkek wrote:
Hey, thanks for the guide. Currently I'm farming currency to switch to this build.
I have a question regarding conversion. Lightning Arrrow gem itself has 50% phys to light, and we are doing 100% phys to cold. At the end, how it works? Are hitting with 50% lightning and 50% cold or 100% cold?
Also, why everyone on poe.ninja is using yoke of suffering? Is it better than rare amulet?

For conversion, gems come in the first place, so if you have 100% phys to cold on gear/tree, but we are using lightning arrow, it will first convert 50% to lightning due to gem, and for the rest, it will convert 100% of the rest to cold, which ends up 50% lightning and 50% cold.

As for Yoke of Suffering, since bosses like sirus cannot be frozen, we can only inflict ignite, chill and shock, which is just 15% increased damage taken (you can get bleed and poison theoretically, but will need further investment). In addition, Yoke does not work well with elemental focus, you need to figure out reliable ways to inflict these ailments. On the otherhand, Replica Hyrri's will give you similar dps (by allowing you to add another herald), and a good rare amulet can give you more dps, plus possible life roll. Personally I'd prefer using replica hyrri's early on and transition into rare ones later.
Apologies if somebody elsewhere already asked this, but would the passive tree require much tweaking if I wanted to play this as a Raider? Do you think Deadeye is fast enough and/or straight up just better than Raider for this build? Raider just seems like such a nice QoL class with the zooms and the phasing and such (though I think, given the clear speed of this build, Avatar of the Slaugher may be better over Phase since I imagine there wont' be much to phase through. Also the evasion stacking with Onslaught and Frenzy charges could work for a nice defense apart from the "kill it before it kills you" tactic, but I may be wrong here).
Is there a way to add a bit of defense layers?
"
Apologies if somebody elsewhere already asked this, but would the passive tree require much tweaking if I wanted to play this as a Raider? Do you think Deadeye is fast enough and/or straight up just better than Raider for this build? Raider just seems like such a nice QoL class with the zooms and the phasing and such (though I think, given the clear speed of this build, Avatar of the Slaugher may be better over Phase since I imagine there wont' be much to phase through. Also the evasion stacking with Onslaught and Frenzy charges could work for a nice defense apart from the "kill it before it kills you" tactic, but I may be wrong here).

The tree for raider can be quite different as you would like to grab as many frenzy as possible on tree, so you would want to path through duelist side too. But for this build, raider will give the least dps among all 3 ranger ascendancies. The gear for phys convert does not really synergy that much with frenzy stacking. No doubt you will have better defense as raider, but you will be also looking at a much much lower dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info