[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

Last edited by Moethelion on Feb 4, 2021, 6:18:48 PM
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
antauri007 wrote:

please do check my POB. especially the alternate starts, I think they might be a valid option for survivability. the build could also use a eye jewel with PHASE ON KILL and 2 SPELL BLOCK IF HIT. at least one of those jewels caps spell block and the phasing is big QOL on high density.
another big one is the nodes on the cluster jewel and where the cluster is. the node CONJURED WALL is imo superior to the one that grants power charge on block while giving more block.
about the position of the cluster, why on the far right ? the mana nodes are literally dead nodes. far right costs u same points to reach while giving strength and a bit of armor, granted its a bit of armor and a bit of health, but its better than nothing as the right side ones give.

on endurance charges yes, u are right, it is a huge boost , I spendes a lot of time on ways to get the damn charges, but I have nothing. I'm not convinced the red nightmeare is worth it. but damn if anyone has suggestions on a good way to get endurance let me know..

I did check your PoB. On Level 83 (which is my Uber Lab tree) taking the top left path is superior to just rushing for Constitution. This is exactly where transition starts and as soon as you get more points, you go for the life wheel. Your PoB just picked a higher level and directly added a cluster. I don't quite see the difference otherwise. Or do you mean the very first nodes? That one life node doesn't really change anything to heavily imo, but of course, it is a possible alternative.

For the cluster direction, it doesn't really matter if you go right or left, I would say it is optimal to go into the direction where you have the lower stat to balance out the stats for Righteous Providence. Armour is basically a dead node for us as well, which brings me to your flask and base type choice.

A basalt flask is better for this build than a granite flask imo. This is because the only thing that is dangerous for us is big hits, since we already completely negate small hits with the recover mod on our shield. And Armour does nothing against big hits. If you take a 6k physical hit with a granite, you only mitigate 6% damage with it (you can check this by filling out the enemy hit damage in the config tab). A Basalt is flat 15% every hit.

This is also why ES bases are better for this build than Armour bases. ES gives EHP (due to MoM), "mana sustain" and easy use of triggered Frost Shield. Since we don't scale armour, armour gives us nothing except a nice phys reduction number in PoB, which is completely inaccurate against big hits.

Conjured wall is fine, but I really like the Power Charge on block chance, because Power Charges on clear are very unsteady due to Assasin's Mark sometimes not hitting enemies when you go ultra zoomer mode with flame dash and shield charge. My guide is on 74% spell block anyway, so it doesn't really need the additional spell block. The 5% elemental damage is nice, but I rather have some more power charge procs.

With Red Nightmare you lose ~2.5% DPS and ~100 life (compared to a pretty good rare jewel). Endurance Charges on kill, so basically 100% uptime for mapping, is definitely worth it. Except for an Endurance Charge on kill implicit on a talisman (which I used last league), I don't see a different way to gain Endurance Charges except Enduring Cry, which is a major pain in the ass to cast for me personally.

About the PoB in gerenal, you should really not inflate the damage with things like "have you blocked recently", "have you killed recently", "is the enemy shocked?" or "are you always on full life". All these are conditional and by no means reliable, since you don't have enough flat lightning damage on gear to shock reliably, but only shock on block. None of the bosses in your video are shocked for the vast majority of the time (I think Minotaur gets shocked right at the end). If you get some good flat lightning damage, that is a different story. As you can see, in my video, most bosses get shocked very fast, because I have a lot of flat lightning damage. But I don't include it into the PoB, because I need a fuckton of damage to actually shock.

super insightful. i took thegranite cuz it seemed more impactful and it had 2 uses, but had (still have) 0 clue on mechanics of how armor work.

by checking the tree I meant the start variations (cheap, defensive, elemental damage) its not much but its something to consider. i do thing this build appreciates life regen a lot (life regen: ES regen) and thus sanctity is just one point that's worth going for.

i had 0 problems with the power charges honestly.

on the shock, it really depends on bosses , some trigger it a lot, shaper and mino are 2 slow heavy hitters in particular that hardly ever get more than 2 hits in.

i totally agree on the inflation of the stats on the POB but I don't think I was nessesarily inflating it with unreliable procs(its very probable i was hit, or that I casted and hitted, CG and burning. shock is debatable, power charges and frenzy are very probable )

one more here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LbrZZ__g-A

me vs the maven.

i do rip at the last memory game all the time because I'm stoopid
Hi, I'm a new player trying to follow this build and I got few questions related to mana/ES sustain,
I tried to figure out how you get so much shield regan while fighting bosses,
my consecrated ground doesn't regan enough for me to spam my attacks and it gets to a point that I have to move and then I lose my regan,
I'm trying to switch my items to ES based since I moved my armor based items from my other char ( 460ES rn )
PoB says u have 500 ES Leech and I tried to find where you get that from and I couldn't find anything...

Ty for making this build and if u have any other tips id love to hear :)
"
Slipp1n wrote:
Hi, I'm a new player trying to follow this build and I got few questions related to mana/ES sustain,
I tried to figure out how you get so much shield regan while fighting bosses,
my consecrated ground doesn't regan enough for me to spam my attacks and it gets to a point that I have to move and then I lose my regan,
I'm trying to switch my items to ES based since I moved my armor based items from my other char ( 460ES rn )
PoB says u have 500 ES Leech and I tried to find where you get that from and I couldn't find anything...

Ty for making this build and if u have any other tips id love to hear :)

weird you are having so much problems with ES regen. in my experience 800 to 1000 is safe. Weird u cant reach that naturally... are you using a diadem? also how much is your life? your ES regen is based on your life regen, so the more health youll get more ES regen (the ES regen is not proportional to your ES, but your life!)

have you ascended both consecrated path nodes?

you don't require A LOT of ES gear, u should have at least 1000 to 1500. but the fact u don't regen more than u spend is weird. also DONT use frost shield if ur having so much regen problems.
I'm lv69 with 3.2k HP all of my gear is Armor based and yeah i have a Diadem, I had no idea the regan is based on the life, im currently also working on your guide to the body armor piece which is ES based.. i did put my points into the Pious path in the ascendency and i dont use frost shield
I'm guessing the problem is that my gear is Armor based and not Life / ES
would u recommend switching to life or ES gear ?
"
Slipp1n wrote:
I'm lv69 with 3.2k HP all of my gear is Armor based and yeah i have a Diadem, I had no idea the regan is based on the life, im currently also working on your guide to the body armor piece which is ES based.. i did put my points into the Pious path in the ascendency and i dont use frost shield
I'm guessing the problem is that my gear is Armor based and not Life / ES
would u recommend switching to life or ES gear ?

Don't think about gear too much at level 69. Just get more levels. This build relies heavily on life, so just get more life via the passive tree and your gear. The more life you have, the more regen you have.
Hey mothelion, i informed myself on the way armor works.

i feel cheated. its trash.

that being said I hope my armour bases + endurance and basalt do an actual mitigation.

lastly I have reached a conclusion on the endurance dilemma: Lethatl pride!

a good lethal pride placed on the which now could give us 5% endurance on kill, a bunch of strength + life, and even double damage. they are cheap, but it will require major divine orb spam
"
antauri007 wrote:

a good lethal pride placed on the which now could give us 5% endurance on kill, a bunch of strength + life, and even double damage. they are cheap, but it will require major divine orb spam

Good idea! A well rolled lethal pride would surely be an upgrade for the build.
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
antauri007 wrote:

Good idea! A well rolled lethal pride would surely be an upgrade for the build.

after like 30 divines i got a ok lethal pride. on the wich node giving me
10% faster ignite
5% endurance on kill.
20% fire res
5% strength
about 44 ~ strength. (small nodes)

could be much stronger (double damage and life) but its solid enough. also got life on frost walker, wich is 1 point and might give space in gear to forgo some cold res if needed. so overall ill be keeping it for now.

"
Woozo wrote:
Thanks for this build!
In the progress of leveling this build. Going all the way with Fireball and Blazing Salvo and so far pretty smooth.

Any interesting alternate quality gems you can think of?

hey there. i found that none are terribly important, however you can benefit from anomalous zealotry, anger is more important lvl 21 (and cheaper) than a alt qual. if u use enduring cry, anommalus is the way to go for the reduced time casting. Anomalous CWDT is an obvious choice too. so pretty standard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info