Yay for Baldurs Gate 3 =)

Can Larian do anything that is not Divinity? They did not make a new Baldurs Gate game, they changed everything to fit their Divinity system.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Can Larian do anything that is not Divinity? They did not make a new Baldurs Gate game, they changed everything to fit their Divinity system.

I watched a dev vid and did cringe a little when they started talking about taking things in their own direction. But, that's not always bad...

Is it bad? :)
Its bad for me because I don't like their RPGs but love the old school Baldurs Gate/Icewind Dale/Neverwinter Nights ones.

Looks like Pathfinder and Pillars of Eternity will be the only ones that capture a bit of the magic.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Its bad for me because I don't like their RPGs but love the old school Baldurs Gate/Icewind Dale/Neverwinter Nights ones.

Looks like Pathfinder and Pillars of Eternity will be the only ones that capture a bit of the magic.

You are too fixated by the rules, their narration in on part with a very good D and D master campaign experience.

I never really liked GMs that favored rules over substances.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Oct 16, 2020, 1:49:57 PM
There are books for that
This is a cashgrab using the BG franchise name in a similar fashion the BG Spinoffs did.

The thing with the Interplay/Bioware releases was that naming was used very differently.

Planescape described the setting.

Icewind Dale used the location.

Baldur's Gate used the Bhaalspawn Saga.

Neverwinter Nights used the Franchise.

When you use Baldur's Gate fans associate the Bhaalspawn saga which concluded or needs an expansion to ToB with a Time Paradox to create a canon with loopholes.

Since most of the Forgotten Realms games play on Faerûn you could easily create a new franchise like Waterdeep, Sembia, Cormyr and so on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info