[PS4] Congratulations GGG, Heist is the first actually Unplayable league on console

Heist is essentially unplayable on PS4.

For the first few days, I tolerated it. But once I passed level 80, it became harder and harder to actually progress, because each crash-death removes a longer playtime amount of XP.

Delirium mirrors crept up from "it will probably crash if you keep it going long enough to hit 4 rewards" to "it will crash within 3 seconds of hitting the mirror". And I had to do them anyway, knowing they would crash, and probably kill my character, because I need the Cluster Jewels.

I was also unable to complete Uber Lab in 3 attempts. Not due to squishiness, but due to crashes and desync issues. I was too demoralized to try again.

Additionally, while my first set of 8 or so Heists only had a 20-25% crash rate, my second set of 8 had a literal 100% crash rate.

Each and every Heist I tried after my character reached level 80 crashed once. Fortunately they were usually before the Lockdown started, so I still got my loot... but Heist is already *really* bad XP. Add in 2 minutes of having to restart PoE, reload into town, reload into Rogue Harbor, and reload into the Heist area... It's essentially zero XP. If you die from the crash, it's actually negative, even after you go back and complete it.

I'm not some total newb casual, either. In Harvest I did 37 challenges even though I didn't start until a month in.

For Heist launch I made my to the top 20 even after starting the league 90 minutes late, and remain top 40 even though I've completely stopped playing. (I'm sure that will change).

This league is simply not fun. I wish it were. But Heists are too stressful, knowing I might lose all my loot (the only thing Heist actually provides) due to a crash at the wrong time, and that I will, essentially, be guaranteed to lose 2 minutes to restarting/reloading everything. PER CONTRACT.

I really like the concept of Heist, and I think, if it didn't crash, I would be enjoying it. Likely even more so after a few more tweaks are made.

It's not just the League Mechanic either. Like I said, Deliriums, which are *required* for some characters due to needing Cluster Jewels (yes, you can get them from Heist... but Heist is broken), crash at nearly a 100% rate within moments of hitting the mirror, once you're out the acts and into maps. Even in Acts they crash very often.

Even aside from Heist and Delirium, the game also crashes at random moments. Standing in town, standing in Hideout, portaling out of maps (which I thought was related to my choice of Portal MTX, but then started happening again no matter what MTX I use), in Lab, just mapping, in the story, etc.

The only thing that actually seems to crash less than it used to is Delve. If I could delve without ever mapping, I would consider just delving this league. That's how much I *want* to play PoE.

In short, Heist League is *terrible* for crashes. I used to recommend PoE to people. I would tell them it was unstable, but the game was so good it was still worth it, even with the crashes. Now I can't. It's just not worth it anymore.

Oh yeah, and either the PS4 leaderboard is bugged, or we still have ZERO A8 kills on PS4, two days after the first XBox kill, which as more than a full day slower than the first PC kills (in relative time).

I don't think it's because no one's trying. I know I was trying. The bugs, and the terrible XP from the league mechanic, plus the likelihood of losing XP or loot of or both to crashes are all adding up to making it very difficult to progress a high level character in this league.

I'm super frustrated. I've spent tons of time and money on this game, and I love it, I really do, but it's currently in an uplayable state. Given the fact that it has gotten WORSE for at least two leagues in a row, I don't have much hope that it will ever get better.

GGG either doesn't care, or isn't willing to dedicate enough personnel to Console to get the problem fixed.

Hey, if they ever fix the crashes, can someone let me know? Thanks.
Last bumped on Oct 8, 2020, 10:41:03 PM

There will be a Patch today at 7 pm PDT. Let's hope that the Game is playable after that...

Still stuck at Act 4 fighting Piety....
Patch in no way will impact performance of ps4 related problems. Dont get any hopes up.
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.
"
The only thing that actually seems to crash less than it used to is Delve.

even that crashes
Yep. I was hopeful the patch would fix things. I normally wait until I complete an Act and then go and do the Heist contract's I've gathered. I'm only at around level 45, but I crash 1 out of 2 contracts and typically after the alarm goes off so I lose everything. The delirium mirrors also crash on me about 1 out of 2 times, not to mention just your everyday crashes with screens full of monsters. It makes me so sad as I truly love playing this game and have only been playing for about 7 months. I've spent plenty of money on stash tabs etc. I feel like out of the 3 leagues I've played Delirium was the most stable. I don't remember crashing much in that league, but both Harvest and Heist have been brutal.
"
DrSicness wrote:

There will be a Patch today at 7 pm PDT. Let's hope that the Game is playable after that...

sadly: nope
presently frustrated PS4-player
"
Golbarin wrote:
"
DrSicness wrote:

sadly: nope

yepp... noticed it too..... Still Crashing around on every possible time.... Still stuck in Act 5 on the Cathedral before the Kitava fight.

That's so sad. Really
The game never ran smoothly: occasional crashes, common lag spikes, random freeze were all always present in my game experience since the game launched.

However the game experience since harvest has become much worse.
Something screwed up the already limping stability of the game. Now crashes are much more presents with some mechanics that are completely undoable (100% full juiced maps), some items are a crash sentence (Headhunter in 5 emblem if you build to keep your bonuses up for more than 20 secs), Labs are a Russian roulette.

Don't know what could screw up the game since Harvest. The only thing that comes to my mind added in that time is the chat...
I literally signed in just to be able to agree. This is unacceptable. Like others have said, sure there have been some bugs before but nothing like this. I used to even have some long (4+ hours) of gaming sessions with no crashes. I mean sure every now and then there would be one, but not guaranteed every session. The ultimate kick to the nuts is GGG silence about all of this. Especially because you owe it to us that have spent money!
I can't stand losing experience due to crashes. You know what the 'best' thing? During delirium it was at least playable, but now it crashes that hard I have to unplug my ps4. Absolutely embarrassing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info