[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

"
Viscar wrote:
Yah, I changed the belt. Also, I was just looking at combined dps for hex blast although the ignite isn't much lower. I hadn't looked at boss dps just the plain one. Maybe I am confused then by the combined total damage number then. What is the difference between ignite dps and total damage per ignite or combined total damage then?

Total Damage per Ignite and Combined Total Damage are not DPS. Typically people set the boss to Sirus/Shaper/Elder because packs will melt anyways with anything. Total Damage per Ignite would be if you just placed one Ignite and let it run it's course over its duration. Looking at the Calcs page for your character, your Ignite duration is 12.09 seconds. So it'll take that long to get that full amount.
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
Viscar wrote:
Yah, I changed the belt. Also, I was just looking at combined dps for hex blast although the ignite isn't much lower. I hadn't looked at boss dps just the plain one. Maybe I am confused then by the combined total damage number then. What is the difference between ignite dps and total damage per ignite or combined total damage then?

Total Damage per Ignite and Combined Total Damage are not DPS. Typically people set the boss to Sirus/Shaper/Elder because packs will melt anyways with anything. Total Damage per Ignite would be if you just placed one Ignite and let it run it's course over its duration. Looking at the Calcs page for your character, your Ignite duration is 12.09 seconds. So it'll take that long to get that full amount.

Hmm, I am looking at the single target ignite DPS right now for my character. Shows 342k. If I have 40 doom though it is 1.6mil dps for normal monsters. On Sirius/Shaper it is 595K dps listed. My ignite duration is listed at 5.08 seconds so not sure where you were getting 12.09 in the calcs for single target hexblast ignite. it is 4.17 without temporal chains.
"
Jolo0213 wrote:

I'm seeing 1.3mil Shaper DPS for Ignite. 5.5mil total damage per ignite. Is that what you meant. I picked up Anomalous Combustion. Don't forget to quality flip gems that you won't be replacing with Awakened either. I found Awakened Deadly Ailments to be a nice DPS upgrade. I can't speak to Awakened Swift Affliction since I'm playing Archmage.

For clusters I've been using two mediums with Blowback and Burning Bright. Blowback / Wasting Affliction would give me 100k more DPS but 700k less total ignite damage per cluster. Also Burning Bright gives more AOE for your cast curse, your triggered curses, Hexblast, your proliferation area, and possibly the impending doom as well.

Yes 1.3 mil shaper for ignite an 5.5 total. Ok ya blowback and burning bright was what I had sort of landed on also. I have one, just need to buy another. And ill see if I can pick up an awakened deadly ailments next. Appreciate the feedback!
"
Jolo0213 wrote:

For clusters I've been using two mediums with Blowback and Burning Bright. Blowback / Wasting Affliction would give me 100k more DPS but 700k less total ignite damage per cluster. Also Burning Bright gives more AOE for your cast curse, your triggered curses, Hexblast, your proliferation area, and possibly the impending doom as well.

I have Blowback + cooked alive // Wasting affliction + cooked alive on my Dps is slightly lower, but dmg per ignite is way high.

Blowback + random is suprisingly easy to craft btw.
"
Viscar wrote:
Hmm, I am looking at the single target ignite DPS right now for my character. Shows 342k. If I have 40 doom though it is 1.6mil dps for normal monsters. On Sirius/Shaper it is 595K dps listed. My ignite duration is listed at 5.08 seconds so not sure where you were getting 12.09 in the calcs for single target hexblast ignite. it is 4.17 without temporal chains.

Temporal Chains shows me 10.24s ignite duration and 1.5m Ignite DPS for normal enemies. Changing the setting to Sirus lowers the duration to 4.17s without Temp Chains and 5.08 when it is on because endgame bosses have curse resistance.
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
Baldrick wrote:
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:
There's something 100% bugged with POB.

I'll create a new pob sheet from scratch using my character, set the configs and so on, and get a DPS value. I'll save this profile, and literally just close and re-open pob and open this profile and the dps is signifcantly lower.

I have noticed something odd like that too.. thought it was my cluster jewels at first but I dont think so.

It's the alternative quality gems. They reset everytime you leave the build so if I want to check a different build I open a new window of POB.

Thank you!!

was driving me nuts. I didnt even realize the patch had given a dropdown for those...
"
Baldrick wrote:
Thanks for everyone continuing to push this build to the limits! A number of you have been very active and helpful and I appreciate it.

My PoB is showing 5.5 mil shaper dps atm with this equipment:

That of course doesn't show my jewels, which are most of my damage.

I wanted to know though, since a medium cluster jewel with both blowback and wasting affliction is so expensive, what would be the next best combination?

Also, most of our awakened gems (other than burning damage) are around 1ex each, or a bit more. I have around 3 ex left total, so am wondering what the best ones would be. Or if I should spend money on trying to get a +1 gem levels on a good amulet?

Thanks!

Reply is a bit delayed so Idk if you already got them but I saw pretty substantial gains upgrading to Awakened Burning Damage, Swift Affliction, and Deadly Ailments.

Also swapped to Divergent Malevolence and Anomalous Flammability and linked them both to a level 4 Enhance.

Also managed to +1 my Divergent Hexblast which was another pretty large chunk so that's probably worth a Vaal attempt.
"

Reply is a bit delayed so Idk if you already got them but I saw pretty substantial gains upgrading to Awakened Burning Damage, Swift Affliction, and Deadly Ailments.

Also swapped to Divergent Malevolence and Anomalous Flammability and linked them both to a level 4 Enhance.

Also managed to +1 my Divergent Hexblast which was another pretty large chunk so that's probably worth a Vaal attempt.

Thanks, ill be on the lookout for awakened affliction and ailments next I guess. And I am not even using a lev 21 hexblast yet, let alone a divergent. I guess I need to look at that also.
"
Baldrick wrote:
"

Thanks, ill be on the lookout for awakened affliction and ailments next I guess. And I am not even using a lev 21 hexblast yet, let alone a divergent. I guess I need to look at that also.

make sure to pob it.

I have a 21 hex blast (levels give HUUUGE dps upgrade - hence why im desperately trying to get my cospri to +2 aoe implicit)
but divergent vs non is like less than 0.5% dps difference
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:
I have a 21 hex blast (levels give HUUUGE dps upgrade - hence why im desperately trying to get my cospri to +2 aoe implicit)
but divergent vs non is like less than 0.5% dps difference

Probably depends on your build. Of course + levels helps both Divergent and Regular. For me 20/20 Divergent is a 4.8% increase to Ignite DPS and total Ignite damage. 21/20 regular quality is only a 1.49% increase.

It seems since you already have Swift Affliction and more tree scaling for increased ailment damage, the levels on gem are more impactful for DPS. If you're going the Archmage route, it is likely that the Divergent quality will be more DPS.
Last edited by Jolo0213 on Oct 4, 2020, 2:49:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info