[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

thanks! some great ideas. Going to explore.

How did you calculate your sirus dps? I put your profile in POB and its not that much. ty

So make sure that all the notables in my cluster are taken, as well as the Jewels. Then in configuration make sure "Do you use Ghost Shrouds?" is checked, I put in that I have 2 summoned totems (idk if that actually does anything), "Aspect of the Spider: # of Spider's Web Stacks: 3", and "Hex: Doom on Hex: 50", Check the box of "is the enemy Shocked" due to skitters, "Is the enemy a Boss?: Sirus", and check "enemy was hit by cold damage?".

Sorry I shoulda linked PoB, for anyone else who may be interested in looking -

https://pastebin.com/1KebhBpP
Last edited by Phantasterei on Sep 29, 2020, 9:09:51 PM
"
slane04 wrote:

I think the biggest dps jumps are for all builds are:

1) If you're self casting flammability, get the anomalous version and link it to an enhance 4. With the Skittering Runes node, this give you a max doom of 51. This is huge! Going from 40 doom to 50 is a 22% dps jump for me. It's then worth it to invest in doom gain speed.

2) Link the enhance 4 to phantasmal flame well to get -22% fire resistance fire exposure. For bosses this is huge because hexes have -66% less effect on shaper/guardians/sirus. Flame wall is also easier to get off than scorching ray or wave of conviction.

3) Keep an eye out for -fire resistance helms. Sometimes you can get a steal!

4) I went the scepter/shield route for a source of fortify/mana regeneration and shield charge.

5) Temp chains is a huge survivability tool! It also increases the duration of our ignites. The moment I tried it I didn't go back. It's super helpful if you're delaying for doom stacks to get a juicy ignite.

6) Can try out infernal cry if you have gem slots. Gives you covered in ash, an extra 12% damage taken for bosses.

Yeah definitely note-worthy that I always like to be casting stuff, so my ignite is not super long like yours probably is. Definitely a difference in playstyle for people looking to compare.

I really like the addition of Infernal Cry! Gonna give that a shot for sure.
Yeah! Different strokes. You liking void sphere? And is impending doom generating EO? I like that idea! One less button to push.
"
slane04 wrote:
Yeah! Different strokes. You liking void sphere? And is impending doom generating EO? I like that idea! One less button to push.

I'm very much appreciating void sphere, especially in heists. It also comes in clutch with a lot of high density league mechanics though (ie delirium, the occasion incursion, breach). Yep! I'm only casting flam + hexblast a majority of the time, so 2 clicks :)
(nevermind, I'm dumb and forgot where Whispers of Doom was on the tree)

"
slane04 wrote:

Running flammability, temp chain, elemental weakness curses.

5) Temp chains is a huge survivability tool! It also increases the duration of our ignites. The moment I tried it I didn't go back. It's super helpful if you're delaying for doom stacks to get a juicy ignite.

How are you getting Temp Chains, Ele Weakness, and Flammability up with only 2 curses? Or are you just not using Flammability at all since you have Temp Chains and Ele Weakness in your Vixens?
Last edited by Veltri on Sep 30, 2020, 1:05:43 AM
From what I'm seeing none of the top dps builds in the latest posts are CI :(
So I have played MoM Archmage and Hybrid, and while the dps of hybrid is super sweet (clusters), the lack of Defensive layers is not.

What are your guys thoughts of our defenses? is the best defense a great offense, are we getting one shotted (i know I am from time to time).

"
Nikerym wrote:
So I have played MoM Archmage and Hybrid, and while the dps of hybrid is super sweet (clusters), the lack of Defensive layers is not.

What are your guys thoughts of our defenses? is the best defense a great offense, are we getting one shotted (i know I am from time to time).

Im thinking the same though I rarely die now (just gotta be constantly moving).

I want to eventually try to use a EE scepter + shield to have shield charge.
ALSO: I think flame dash is actually quite bad for this build because anything you dash through will proc EE on fire and will take heavily reduced damage. Dash is too short though...so shield charge + dash might be the play. But I also have no sockets to work with.

@Phantasterei I think I still cant get your pob to show me the kinda dps you have (are you sure youre not looking at TOTAL damage of ignite?) . reason I'm interested is I want to compare and see what I can improve since I can get to only about 4 mil sirus dps on pob
DPS is really low.
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

Im thinking the same though I rarely die now (just gotta be constantly moving).

I want to eventually try to use a EE scepter + shield to have shield charge.
ALSO: I think flame dash is actually quite bad for this build because anything you dash through will proc EE on fire and will take heavily reduced damage. Dash is too short though...so shield charge + dash might be the play. But I also have no sockets to work with.

@Phantasterei I think I still cant get your pob to show me the kinda dps you have (are you sure youre not looking at TOTAL damage of ignite?) . reason I'm interested is I want to compare and see what I can improve since I can get to only about 4 mil sirus dps on pob

To address the defenses, I'm really having no issues tbh. In fairness, I'm not new to any of the endgame so I know what/when to dodge a lot of the time, but even heavy delirium and bossing I've not had any issue except of my own faults. I do also think that using totems to draw aggro, void sphere to pull heavy density mobs away, and now Infernal cry to slow/explode are all useful defensively. As is tempest shield for the added block + cold snap goes off pretty frequently too for the slow.

As far as flame dash, yes it will proc a bad EE, but the second you do Hexblast again you'll have good EE proc, so it's really no issue. Honestly, I like having flamedash because it oneshots regular mobs with flammability on them haha. I haven't alltogether avoided cast speed though, so maybe that's why it feels totally fine to me with second wind.

As far as the PoB, did you try the link I put in? I always just check the combined dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info