Path of Exile: Heist Balance Manifesto

"
Latscho wrote:
"

I still don't know how some mechanics like Methamorph, Invasion, and Harbringer even works.

If you arent able to find informations on that by yourself then you could try to google google.

The complexity is exactly what makes poe special and loved by the community. If you are willing to invest you will be rewarded. Please stop crying now sir. Ty.

'Git Gud'
The last defense of unrepented fanboys that can't think straight anymore.
"
Holy shit this was painful to read. It blows my mind how little knowledge of the game this "balance" team has.
Everything that got nerfed (literally everything listed in this thread, besides sentries and assassin) was used by the players in the top 20 in china and gauntlet races to stay alive (builds that are uncapable of anything besides staying alive), while in the ACTUAL game, not hcssf bullshit, it is picked ~24% of the times in casual builds that are faaaar away from being strong and should never be touched or even looked at. None of those changes will have any impact on the actual game, so its fine for me, its just hilarious how you make changes in your game while looking at 0.1% streamer playerbase (LITERALLY), because you lack the game knowledge to think of something yourself. And meantime things that are actually broken and should've been executed ages ago, remain untouched (havent seen the patch notes yet obviously but I am 100% sure they will remain that way).
And the assassin "nerf" is funny too. Yes, undoubtedly, assassin is extremely powerful right now, dominating over many other ascendancy classes. We want him to become less dominant, whats the best way to achieve that ? Reduce crit chance and multi in his ascendancy ? Exactly, bravo ! A dps loss that can be COMPLETELY compensated by taking 1 extra jewel slot on your tree ! Now I am never playing that shit again.

Good job !

lol true every word.
im sure that balance team dont do ANY job they just nerf to ground top meta builds they see in poe ninja instead of buffing dead builds and classes.

[Removed by Support]

its crazy just think about this - so complicated game, big tree, cluster jewels etc etc 400+ skills and everyone is playing 4 meta builds cause others are dead.

why do you need all above just make 4 new skill gems every 3 month for "new meta" and be happy

invested SO much ideas in game and time and work. And simply killing it with lame balance and forced meta

all we see is nerfs nerfs nerfs
lol
Soooo you nerfed most crazy def stuff, but left the whole Agnostic, Dynamo, Arcane Cloak, Forboding Manaflask, Indigon shanenigans as the are? Guess that's the way to go now?
"
Ariel_Logos wrote:
So only nerfs and no significant buff? Just great.

It's the balance manifesto. You typically only see nerfs since that is how GGG balances the game =\. Wait till the patch notes drop to see what buffs are added.
Last edited by banthom on Sep 15, 2020, 7:17:00 AM
Nice nerfs, was needed.

Will be Interesting to see ascendancy balance at 90+ this league.
"
Exotrax wrote:
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
"
I started with Harvest.
I played a lot of it thanks to COVID forcing me at home and despite that not only I failed at getting any endgame content, I never figure how to craft stuff despite Harvest being the so-called Best Crafting League and my gears end up being shit. I see build claiming 1.000.000 DPS when I never went past 10.000. Farming 100 EX a day while I saw a single Ex after two months and I totaled a big number of 2 EX. People surviving something capable to kill you from the other side of the map while I simply stopped getting experience once I reached 91 because I died more than I was earning experience.
It took me 3 months and I got nothing and hopefully, I will start working back full time when Heist start. Are casual players even supposed to play League? Because I can't see right now how someone could finish this game in 3 months if it gets harder, especially since I could play it for a whole year and still I couldn't figure out if adding more INT or STR is even useful to my build or why I should even wear a shield since armor seems useless or how 97% of Uniques are useless and they kept adding unique that useless.
And let's not talk about the fact the game force you to play most of the time to get the resources you need but you have to interact with a person to sell/buy instead of having a way to put your stuff in a selling place and then get what you want without being forced to leave a map mid-boss fight or lose a chance to get/sell what you need.
And for what? To show people how trendy your HQ is? I would do my stuff in Oriat's frankly.

Mate you needed to watch more videos if you totalled 2 ex in the whole league with plenty of Covid playtime.

A single crit aug or remove/add was worth 1ex each. They were very easy to farm too.

I went from not being able to craft to learning the entire system quite well this league, you just needed to do more research and more practical theory. Hell there is even an Android app that lets your trial craft and 6 link chests.

So tell me, if some one wants to enjoy the game is FORCED to spend HOURS AND HOURS watching ytube videos to understand how the game works, instead having GGG fix their shiet and make the game less complex for new/old players ?

I tried to involve maybe 20-30 friends to play poe and 99% just run away because of the complexity and none REAL tutorials.

"enjoy" is a very subjective term. But let's say it describes achieving one's goals. If you're a new player, your goals/expectations should not be the same as a player who has thousands of hours /played.

PoE is like Magic the Gathering in so many ways. You need to have a fundamental understanding of 'theory' or 'best practices' if you want to succeed at a higher level. In MtG, you're not going to be able to build a meta-defining deck without understanding all the fundamentals of deck building... and the game itself doesn't teach you how to do this; your only feedback is you either won or you lost - In PoE, you survive or you die.

All of those 'useless uniques' can be built around to great effect. It also helps to understand what is meant to be used as a leveling unique or transitioned away from (and what replaces it). Just as with deck building in MtG, some cards have their use in specific decks.... many cards are just printed for draft and you should be able to identify those differences.

The OP's comment about not understanding 'how a casual can finish the game' is also an eyebrow-raising remark. What does that even mean? Does "finish the game" mean get to 100? Kill each end-game boss? To what 'end' do you seek? There's no requirement (by the game or anyone else) to do those things.

If you don't want to put in any time or effort to be better at the game; that's a shortcoming on your part, not the game. You're welcome to not like games which provide that level of complexity but then you should understand that PoE is a game you're going to fundamentally push back on - I'm glad you stuck with it for 3 months, but if you're not inspired to do better this league then I don't know what to tell you other than it's a slow process and you're not going to reach 'CuteDog_ status' level of builds in your first few thousand hours.

There's people who play games like League of Legends for 10 years and are still silver/gold ranked. They might understand that if they worked at improving themselves they could climb to a higher rank but that's not something they enjoy - They'd rather just play for fun. If you feel like you've peaked in PoE, can you not continue to also play for fun?
Great, please ban bots at the start of the league
they are destroying the economy at the first 8 hours and our effort for speed leveling is a waste
"
"
Hilranger wrote:

Think of GGG as bad parents and you are kinda on the right track.

So POE is an abusive relationship?

yes?
"
Vanderham wrote:
Soooo you nerfed most crazy def stuff, but left the whole Agnostic, Dynamo, Arcane Cloak, Forboding Manaflask, Indigon shanenigans as the are? Guess that's the way to go now?

Archmage ? Cool that is a build I plan to try for my league start :D
"
muzein wrote:
I'm glad you stuck with it for 3 months, but if you're not inspired to do better this league then I don't know what to tell you other than it's a slow process and you're not going to reach 'CuteDog_ status' level of builds in your first few thousand hours.

It's not a matter of Inspiration but a matter of Capacity. Men are not made equal. what if I reached my limits in Harvest? Working hard couldn't make an Idiot into Richard Feiman nor give an old man like me Fencing Reflex able to dodge everything, doing 100 push, 100 squats, 100 flex, and 10 km of run will give me the ability to One-Punch everything. I seriously doubt I could do better than I do because I have no idea how to be better because nobody here knows that. The guide is not made for people that are me, Videos are just useless because they don't understand how lost I am there is no guide or coach out there that can explain to me how to be better at POE, I asked in the build forum and the answers I got I could not even understand half of it.
I want to get better in Heist [Removed by Support]
Last edited by ArionAthreides on Sep 15, 2020, 7:43:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info