Dear GGG,

Thanks for a terrific game. That being said, there are many aspects of ps4 gaming that are less than desirable.

First, the endless lag, latency and blue screen crashes. I have my internet hard wire connected to my ps4. I paid my ISP to change from a dynamic IP address to a static one. I also paid them to upgrade my service and connection speeds. I live alone and have no other devices connected to my internet or WiFi. I recently bought a ps4 pro just so I could hopefully experience better gaming with PoE. After all of these efforts, I still crash frequently ... sometime several times an hour. What else must I do to enjoy PoE on console?

Second, the trade board is beyond atrocious. Why on earth should I have to portal out of a map in order to verify that I want to sell something for the price I asked for? And then when I do, the offer is gone. If you notify us when an offer is placed, you can further notify us if the offer is rescinded.

But that is moot because if someone offers xxx price and i asked for xxx price, the sale should be automatic and instant. At the very least, allow that as an optional choice. I understand some people are lazy and like to list items with a buyout price. Let them do so and they can choose to negotiate and accept it decline offers. If I list an item for xxx price, that is what I want. No less and no more.

There are so many "less than ethical" players in the game. Every day I have to sift thru numerous offers of 1 chaos when the asking price is 1 exalt. Even worse when they offer blessed orbs or engineers orbs which look very similar to the exalted orb. By allowing this behavior, you are condoning their attempt at thievery. At the very least, a notification to the seller is in order if the offer does not match the asking price. Something in BOLD RED LETTERS would be acceptable.

Speaking of trade board, I watch YouTube videos to increase my knowledge of PoE. It seems PC players can simply and efficiently search for gear using a much better filter system than we console players have access to. If they want a belt with more than 80 life and more than 25 chaos resist, they do so AND they only see their filtered results. We console players can only search for ANY life and ANY chaos roll ... AND THEN we have to scroll thru thousands of items across hundreds of pages in order to find those that match our criteria. SMH

Also a block or ignore feature should be implemented. Today as an example, I received no less than 10 or 12 "offers" from an individual. These offers were just harassing messages. He would "offer" then wait 5 seconds and withdrawal. Then he waited a minute and rinse/repeated. I had no recourse. And all of this nonsense because I have a specialty tab set to public. In that tab are some items I want to sell and others I do not. Those items I do not want to sell, I have the asking price set to 11 exalt. At least a dozen or more times a day, some scammer will try to offer me 11 chaos. At least allow us to flag items as NFS. Just because I want to sell some essences does not mean I want to sell them all.

That's all for now. Please fix and address these issues. I've already spent more than a hundred dollars supporting this game. I'd like to spend more, but will not until it is less broken and has more quality of life features.
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Aug 12, 2020, 9:20:09 PM
Last bumped on Sep 7, 2020, 3:19:53 AM
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
What else must I do to enjoy PoE on console?

Over the past few months I've asked myself the same thing. Sadly, don't expect a reply from GGG in regards to the numerous performance issues that it currently has. I walked away from the game and keep checking back to see if any true progress has been made and it seems they love giving the console community the silent treatment. I started playing other games and it's very refreshing to play for hours on end and not have the game crash. That's how it should be but I don't see that happening any time soon, even on next gen consoles.
"
matts88yj wrote:
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
What else must I do to enjoy PoE on console?

Over the past few months I've asked myself the same thing. Sadly, don't expect a reply from GGG in regards to the numerous performance issues that it currently has. I walked away from the game and keep checking back to see if any true progress has been made and it seems they love giving the console community the silent treatment. I started playing other games and it's very refreshing to play for hours on end and not have the game crash. That's how it should be but I don't see that happening any time soon, even on next gen consoles.

Sad, but true. On a good day in poe on ps4 I will d/c less than five times. How is this acceptable? Maybe once a month is acceptable ... maybe. If the problem is that there is too much going on for ps4 to handle the computations or whatever, then there should be a way for us lower the settings. Have less animation. Less visual or audio. Other games have such a option. Turn down shadow effects. Whatever it takes
For those that read this and wonder what I meN by lag, here is a short 1 minute video of me trying to harvest seeds in a t16 map.

https://youtu.be/5gaY2rMbzyU
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
For those that read this and wonder what I meN by lag, here is a short 1 minute video of me trying to harvest seeds in a t16 map.

But lockstep and a controller feels terrible according to chris, and players are only confused by choice.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2687500/page/1#p22590249
"For Path of Exile with a controller, lockstep is not an option. Having to wait up to a fifth of a second after pressing the stick just isn't an option (it feels like playing drunk). However, we were unhappy with pure predictive mode, due to its propensity to get out of sync. Our solution was to create a hybrid mode that works as follows: Actions are predicted immediately, so you get snappy responses to your controls. However, if data from the server is delayed, instead of continuing to predict (the wrong stuff, getting really out of sync), the game pauses until data has arrived. This means that the only desync that can occur is from tiny differences in timing, rather than the significant exposure that can happen when there's extra latency. For a controller, this mode is superior to either the pure predictive or pure lockstep approach.
Unfortunately, it can still occasionally get out of sync, which is a bad experience for users. We are planning to tighten this up as much as we can and to be smarter with how we detect and correct sync issues."

I would choice 1/5th of a second latency over any risk of death especially after lvl 95.
Last edited by vousi_1 on Aug 15, 2020, 1:26:12 PM
"
vousi_1 wrote:
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:

But lockstep and a controller feels terrible according to chris, and players are only confused by choice.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2687500/page/1#p22590249
"For Path of Exile with a controller, lockstep is not an option. Having to wait up to a fifth of a second after pressing the stick just isn't an option (it feels like playing drunk). However, we were unhappy with pure predictive mode, due to its propensity to get out of sync. Our solution was to create a hybrid mode that works as follows: Actions are predicted immediately, so you get snappy responses to your controls. However, if data from the server is delayed, instead of continuing to predict (the wrong stuff, getting really out of sync), the game pauses until data has arrived. This means that the only desync that can occur is from tiny differences in timing, rather than the significant exposure that can happen when there's extra latency. For a controller, this mode is superior to either the pure predictive or pure lockstep approach.
Unfortunately, it can still occasionally get out of sync, which is a bad experience for users. We are planning to tighten this up as much as we can and to be smarter with how we detect and correct sync issues."

I would choice 1/5th of a second latency over any risk of death especially after lvl 95.

While i thank you for your reply and taking the time to quote relevant information, what is on paper is not what happens in game. Often this lag results in death. Often. Many times. In real time as I am playing, I am full health with 6 endurance charges and 79% block to attack and spell damage with enduring cry in effect. Then lag happens. Within a millisecond I am dead. No time to even spam life flask. There is definitely "something else" going on.

From a layman's perspective, it is as if there is too much data being fed to my ps4 causing it to bog down. Back in the day I played WoW and our guild raided various content. I had 2 computers then. If I played on one, I could turn every on game setting up to max high resolution and have 40 to 60 fps in a 25 man raid. On the other computer I had to turn every single graphics setting either off or to minimum and I was lucky if I got 3 or 4 fps. To me, that is how poe feels. And there is no reason for it when I have a literally brand new ps4 pro.
I agree its a terrible experience, lockstep fixes most of these problems on pc and im not buying the lack of choice.
Ive set up a controller on pc and i dont mind the latency input at all, its the interface and picking up items that sucks with a controller on pc.
Sadly there are so few players hitting 100 or over level 95 on console that they dont seem to care.
How can we reach 95/100 with all of our crash-deaths? I just had another :(
Buy a pc only children are stuck with console. Xbone and PS4 are pieces of shit be grateful they cram this game into your respective time capsules. If you're doing something that doesn't work keep doing it and then bitch about here! They will never fix any of the laggy clusterf problems because consoles are pieces of shit. Has anyone tried to run a 2020 game on 2010 pc [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Natasha on Aug 31, 2020, 4:42:00 PM
Deleted
Last edited by PappaHambone on Aug 31, 2020, 7:47:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info