[3.11] Some_day's Cold DOT Scion - All content capable on Hardcore and budget

"
andrewng5 wrote:
Funny enough, shortly after the post my wife got me killed during a very rippy encounter. But nonetheless, I can safely recommend this build to others looking to go deep in HC.

Hardest parts for me were really pushing the block cap and HP pool. Block needed some specific crafts, but are very manageable with Harvest crafting. AFter crafting my redeemer belt I think the elder belt is better for really pushing your health pool.

For the other guy asking about wand crafting... it might not be the optimal method, but I was side-crafting a wand and I spammed alts looking for Damage over Time Multi. Augmenting/regal anything you can do target remove without caster/cold mod is a big win. If not yolo remove/add or annul non-cold and hope you dont touch the damage over time multi.

You can choose to block suffixes here, but cold res can be easily removed later and cold damage suffix is still handy. The cold resist space should be converted to a trigger socketed spells craft.

Then craft flat cold spell damage to your wand and aug cold and hope you get cold DOT/+1 cold spells for a very very very solid wand. Cold damage to attacks and cold as extra chaos mods can be target removed. Remove your flat cold to spells (since it blocks your Elemental Equilibrium).

Alternatively you can harvest craft with the "cold modifiers are common" option and hope for a workable base.

Thanks mate appreciate the feedback
Really solid build, leveled a lvl 97 Ascendant by using this build in SSF league and hasn't died even once yet. Just a question, is it a must to have max 78 resist Loreweave. I just got a +1 socketed gem corrupt, but max resist is only 77, got bad luck on using divine orbs..

Cheers.
Last edited by Wes07 on Aug 23, 2020, 8:57:46 PM
"
Wes07 wrote:
Really solid build, leveled a lvl 97 Ascendant by using this build in SSF league and hasn't died even once yet. Just a question, is it a must to have max 78 resist Loreweave. I just got a +1 socketed gem corrupt, but max resist is only 77, got bad luck on using divine orbs..

Cheers.

78% is obviously ideal but I would rather use +1 gems
Necromancer has been nerfed (offering effect reduced to 50% from 25%). Any updates to this build to fix the block chance?
"
Wes07 wrote:
Necromancer has been nerfed (offering effect reduced to 50% from 25%). Any updates to this build to fix the block chance?

It's still good, use a rare shield with 5% life gain on block and get more block chances from tree or gear
Last edited by Some_Day on Sep 16, 2020, 6:33:48 AM
"
Wes07 wrote:

It's still good, use a rare shield with 5% life gain on block and get more block chances from tree or gear
Last edited by Some_Day on Sep 16, 2020, 6:33:54 AM
"
Some_Day wrote:
"
Wes07 wrote:

Yep, did a bit change on three, lost 460 life, a bit elemental damage and 5% spell block. But not a big problem, still a solid build. I don't want loss armour and life on Lioneye shield, so I'll keep it for now I guess. Cheers mate.
Last edited by Wes07 on Sep 16, 2020, 3:35:40 PM
"
Are we still taking glancing blows?

This build doesn't use Glancing blows, you will have to use block small cluster jewels and block chance from trees (also tempest shield) to reach block cap.
I used this build to start the league in HC and enjoyed it quite a bit. I haven't played since the melee rework and hadn't before that for a few years, but it carried me through the content smoothly and I first-timed the conquerors and A4 Sirus pretty easily, and face-tanking juiced T16s etc was no problem. I ended up dying to Sirus A6 midway through level 94, but that was due to inexperience with the fight. His floaty avatar covered up the path out of the meteor maze and I froze up instead of thinking it through.

I opted for Champion over Juggernaut as a secondary ascendancy to cap out block, although I'd been meaning to respec after getting a good rare Shaper shield crafted to replace Lioneye's, as well as a few smaller cluster jewels to cap block more easily. You definitely feel the lack of stun immunity but using fortify + enduring cry offered plenty of tankiness. The damage was a little low at a few points while leveling, but a bunch of my rares were lagging behind in quality. The only real complaint I think I could raise about it is being at the mercy of trigger craft unveils, and that's a universal issue.
Last edited by obdurant on Oct 7, 2020, 1:26:15 PM
"
obdurant wrote:
I used this build to start the league in HC and enjoyed it quite a bit. I haven't played since the melee rework and hadn't before that for a few years, but it carried me through the content smoothly and I first-timed the conquerors and A4 Sirus pretty easily, and face-tanking juiced T16s etc was no problem. I ended up dying to Sirus A6 midway through level 94, but that was due to inexperience with the fight. His floaty avatar covered up the path out of the meteor maze and I froze up instead of thinking it through.

I opted for Champion over Juggernaut as a secondary ascendancy to cap out block, although I'd been meaning to respec after getting a good rare Shaper shield crafted to replace Lioneye's, as well as a few smaller cluster jewels to cap block more easily. You definitely feel the lack of stun immunity but using fortify + enduring cry offered plenty of tankiness. The damage was a little low at a few points while leveling, but a bunch of my rares were lagging behind in quality. The only real complaint I think I could raise about it is being at the mercy of trigger craft unveils, and that's a universal issue.

Thats good to hear my thanks for feedback.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info