[3.11] CI CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Max Block

"
HarryPothead wrote:
Gathering gear atm for this build and i'm trying to craft the shield atm

i got a hunter shield with +1 cold gems, where do i go from here to get reduced mana + recover #% of energy shield when you block?

is it better to start with a reduced mana base, get +1 cold and then slam on energy shield?

i'm really struggling with belt and almost all pieces except the chest xD

you should make a quick tutorial for each piece of gear <3 :)

and what about jewels? are those ez pz to craft?
also, why did you swap out your watcher's eye?

sry i'm bad at this :(

"
BrettLee wrote:

The belt is really straightforward. Once you have the crusader/redeemer base, you can spam reforge w/defence mods or dense fossil spam until you hit T1-T2 ES + ES% and removeable third prefix (if any) and suffixes (can also reroll or remove suffixes..). If you are a long way away from finishing the build, then consider just using reforges as you come across them.

You can augment caster whenever you like, spell damage during flask effect is the only potential roll, and remove/add until you hit T1. Adding resists is straightforward, obviously do not add cold resist..(you can still get cold resist here quite easily, but will be last step. You can add a different resist and change fire/lightning to cold resist at end). With full suffixes augment cold will add either cold damage % or cold damage with hits against chilled enemies. Remove/add cold until desired tier.

Thanks for the tips, but what about my shield? and rare jewels
Last edited by HarryPothead on Jul 9, 2020, 2:55:07 AM
Does anyone know how i could remove "Mana" on belt and "# To all elem res" on the shield. Influenced mods on the belt are a Suffix and a Prefix so cant lock or reroll in garden and on the shield the resi is a Suffix, same as the influenced mods :<

"
tsmikos wrote:

my main problem is that im sitting on +- 55% crit chance when i got all my power charges up, it feels so low.

You need to get flat crit somewhere. Your options are:
- use increased critical strikes instead of awakened added cold
- get a watcher's eye with flat crit while affected by hatred
- craft a new chest with flat crit, explosion and 500+ es

The first is the easiest, just swap the gem.
I am still using inc crit gem, saving up for a watcher's eye and at some point craft a new chest and sell the old one.
"
Snoukz wrote:
"
tsmikos wrote:

my main problem is that im sitting on +- 55% crit chance when i got all my power charges up, it feels so low.

You need to get flat crit somewhere. Your options are:
- use increased critical strikes instead of awakened added cold
- get a watcher's eye with flat crit while affected by hatred
- craft a new chest with flat crit, explosion and 500+ es

The first is the easiest, just swap the gem.
I am still using inc crit gem, saving up for a watcher's eye and at some point craft a new chest and sell the old one.

I just bought the watcher's eye. it helped a bit together with assasins mark. don't think im on 100% yet. so i guess ill add added crit and i should be fine.

i still feel so squishy tho
Hi,

got a question about maxing out Spell Block. Somehow I can only reach 60%.

6% (Tree: Arcane Guarding)
6%+2% (Tree: Mystic Bulwark + Small Notable)
4% (Annoint: Deflection/Sanctuary)
12% (Item: Shield)
___
30% Total (x2 with Glancing Blows)

That puts me at 60% Spell Block and not 75%. I could get the two small Notables on the "Arcane Guarding" Wheel, but that still only puts me at 72% Spell Block.

Anyone can tell me what I am missing here?
Last edited by k1ckd0wN on Jul 9, 2020, 11:38:23 AM
"
k1ckd0wN wrote:
Hi,

got a question about maxing out Spell Block. Somehow I can only reach 60%.

6% (Tree: Arcane Guarding)
6%+2% (Tree: Mystic Bulwark + Small Notable)
4% (Annoint: Deflection/Sanctuary)
12% (Item: Shield)
___
30% Total (x2 with Glancing Blows)

That puts me at 60% Spell Block and not 75%. I could get the two small Notables on the "Arcane Guarding" Wheel, but that still only puts me at 72% Spell Block.

Anyone can tell me what I am missing here?

Watcher's eye 5-8% spell block w/discipline (doubled with glancing blows).
He swapped his watcher's eye tho for the cold pen one.

Where did he make up for the spell block % ?
I don't have capped block anymore. It's 72%/72%. Took spell block nodes on the Arcane Guarding wheel instead. Dropped spell block watcher's eye. There is no efficient way to get the last 3%, just don't worry about it. 72% is plenty.
Make leveling section and early/budget version of this build pls. ;)
I have 5k hours in PoE and usually shun away from forum builds but this one caught my attention on youtube when I was finding some inspiration for my next SSF build (yay Harvest). Sweet (especially cause it has a lot of defenses taken into account and it ain't brainless DPS SC stuff, lel)
Last edited by Malkybutt on Jul 10, 2020, 3:42:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info