[3.11] CI CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Max Block

"
HarryPothead wrote:

I'm at 65.38 with ass mark, now how do I simulate bottled faith crit and dmg increase? nothing changes by just putting flask in
In PoB configuration tick the box that says "Is the enemy on consecrated ground" under the effective dps section.
Would anyone be willing to take a look at my gear and give me thoughts on where to upgrade next? I'm feeling that I should make a new pair of boots, to try to get one without the projectile avoidance so I can get resists onto the boots to give me the room to drop resists elsewhere, but after that I'm not sure where to go. Also, I don't know how to link my gear into a post, but it should be on my profile.
"
Ganchara wrote:
Would anyone be willing to take a look at my gear and give me thoughts on where to upgrade next? I'm feeling that I should make a new pair of boots, to try to get one without the projectile avoidance so I can get resists onto the boots to give me the room to drop resists elsewhere, but after that I'm not sure where to go. Also, I don't know how to link my gear into a post, but it should be on my profile.

I would craft amulet or helmet, +1 cold and 10% pen for the amulet and +1 power charge and nearby -cold are both really good upgrades.
"
unblokable wrote:
Build is very tanky, all my sirus kills were done deathless (15+),

You only have 12 total sirus kills my dude, that includes pre-A8.
which pantheon are you using in the build?
Hello guys!

Everything selfcrafted(some help from few users here in this thread). This league rocks!

Have i made any mistakes regarding gear or my pathing?
Anything i should fix ASAP?
What should i upgrade next?

im not sure about my crit.. its not at 100% :S

Here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/aAtWqwTv

Thanks in advance =)
Last edited by Xeklen on Jul 21, 2020, 5:52:37 PM
"
Daibom wrote:
May i get some help please?

I play on Standard so I dont have access to the crafting in Harvest (i am too lazy to start from scratch).

So i leveled up to 98 on this build and its SUPREME in mapping. However, I havent been able to experience the Tankiness that is often attributable to this build. I dont last longer than 5 seconds against the Minotaur or the Phoenix. The Atlas Guardians I can do though. A8 Sirus i attempted but gave up after too many deaths ( and yes I have killed him maybe 50x on my other characters so I know the fight reasonably well)

I will admit i didnt have the currency to purchase the Avoid Ailments gear. I have a 50% stun avoidance mod on one of my flasks...thats basically it.

Here is my gear. PoB is copied as well but i put 2 nodes in ES leech as I am dying so much to bosses and cant find a way to recover ES. I dont even try doing the Metamorphs as I feel i am very very squishy.

I have 8K ES and capped resists except Chaos

Please assist as I have invested so much already into this character.

https://pastebin.com/1Uf33GmV

Any help or tips would be appreciated from the experts. and no, I cannot really scratch this gear as I am already penniless in Standard.

The pastebin is showing that your fire resists are not capped. And also try getting the 2 spell block nodes near arcane guarding, since you don't have spell blocking on your watcher's eye.
System specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, RTX 2060 Super
Ok i was able to barely cap my fire resists at 75% . others are capped as well.

Got 100% chance to avoid ailments by bench crafting and digging up older gear

My ES went down to 7.6k. Max block across the board.

still dying to much to the minotaur / chimera / phoenix. Still need more advice please to avoid dying painfully to these guys ( i dont face tank them btw )

Atlas guardians are easy though.

here is my pastebin :

https://pastebin.com/2RWZcVHN

Last edited by Daibom on Jul 21, 2020, 10:20:12 PM
"
Daibom wrote:
Ok i was able to barely cap my fire resists at 75% . others are capped as well.

Got 100% chance to avoid ailments by bench crafting and digging up older gear

My ES went down to 7.6k. Max block across the board.

still dying to much to the minotaur / chimera / phoenix. Still need more advice please to avoid dying painfully to these guys ( i dont face tank them btw )

Your build is not great. It is not your fault. CI Sword/Shield Nova is an incredibly expensive build, and replicating this particular variant without access to harvest crafting is...a bit mad. The life version is preferred on a budget because you can go dual wield and just need life / accuracy rolls on gear. Whereas CI / shield somehow needs to get all the above and double ES rolls and more DPS from..somewhere.

You have no accuracy on your gloves, helmet or amulet. Your hit chance is 90%, and crit rate is 88% with all flasks up. This means you are losing a lot of damage when you miss attacks / don't crit. You are level 98, you should be taking overcharge (+1 power charges) and the spell damage per power node above instability. You should also be pathing to deflection and anointing tranquility on amulet.

All of your jewels are pretty bad, but there isn't much you can do to fix that..perhaps take a look at the tree and see if there are other nodes which benefit you more. OP is getting 48% crit multi + 8% ES + 10% chance to avoid stun from each of his jewels, so keep that in mind.

Not really sure if that helps at all, it probably doesn't, but it might help to explain where you are at, and areas to improve on. As for those particular bosses, this build isn't made for facetanking stuff. You go in, dodge the big attacks (pretty easy with cyclone I think!) and kill them before they get a chance to attack again.

Last edited by BrettLee on Jul 21, 2020, 10:25:36 PM
that was a fantastic explanation! thank you !!!!!!!!! i think i can move on now and see what I can fix here and there. But I should temper my hopes a bit. I like face tanking stuff and when I saw max block with all those explosions, I got drawn into it.

It was definitely the MOST expensive build i have ever geared up in Standard (had to sell some good stuff to fund this).

Still was fun clearing all those Maps and hitting 98 wasnt as bad as it normally is. At least I know the reality now :(

I dont think I can push to 100 with this squishyness. I was hoping to make it my second character to hit 100 (I started playing during Metamorph). But kudos to the build guide creator nevertheless. Learned a lot and had some fun at it.

thank you sir!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info