You all get any fireworks for go merica day?

I didn't go overkill this year, only got like $50 worth, but that got me a 12 pack of artillery shells, some roman candles, and some bottle rockets.
Last bumped on Jul 10, 2020, 4:28:58 PM
None here, but for Canada day I made a rippin' load of garlic-infused pesto bowtie pasta with chicken and capers. Man, it was chemical warfare around these parts for a couple days. Talk about volatiles. Whooweeee!

God save the Queen, cause it's too late for me! *chokes and gags*
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Last edited by crunkatog on Jul 4, 2020, 3:24:00 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I didn't go overkill this year, only got like $50 worth, but that got me a 12 pack of artillery shells, some roman candles, and some bottle rockets.

Just moved to new home, omg shitting bricks... I was installing the motion sensor lights and I heard a loud bang. Damn fireworks, lol...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
I still have plenty of the old "Red, White, and Blue Fireworks" MTX GGG sold one year. Too bad I'm just a dumb Yank and can't figger out how to link 'em here. ='[.]'=

=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I spent like 3 grand. That America is the greatest country today and in the history of mankind is of no doubt and I celebrate that fact.

Of course, America is not perfect and you can nitpick this and that but I'd rather not live anywhere else and I been all around the world.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 4, 2020, 11:44:22 PM
I stopped and bought some more fireworks. I found a stand that had 1/4 sticks. That's a fire cracker that's the equivalent of a 1/4 stick of dynamite. You set one of those off, and you immediately have the whole neighborhood's attention. Plenty of others were blowing them up too, and the cops around here will not answer calls for fireworks related noises. Perfectly legal, or I would have been arrested for blowing up 1/4 sticks of dynamite.

Man, you can really feel the blast wave from those too, even like 50 yards away. Felt great. I still hear, and feel quarter sticks blowing up in the general vicinity, lol. Love it. Go Merica! The last 4 quarter sticks I had, I wrapped them together and tied the wicks, and tossed it into the middle of a field. Hahahaha, some car alarms went off on some cars that were like 100+ yards away, including the alarm on my own truck.

They let us buy all the good stuff this year, including 1/4 sticks, and pop can sized artillery shells. I used to have to drive a state over to get that stuff, and the cops would take you to jail if you blew up 1/4 sticks, but not this year.

This 4th of July has been a BLAST, and I mean that quite literally!
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 5, 2020, 12:11:28 AM
It's all fun and games until some dipshits aim a roman candle into a fir tree after 2 weeks of drought...

Another year we watched in horror as a kid on a bicycle, pedalling like mad across the blacktop at the lakeside park, lit sparklers tucked into his spokes, launched a sparkler out of his front wheel up under his arm and it got tangled up in his backpack straps and he freaked out and spun out trying to get it away from his face.

Then there were the guys who had obv spent quite a bit on ordnance and lit rocket after rocket, until one tipped over and set fire to the grass and the dad ran out to stamp out the grass but the dud still had live powder in it, it reignited, and flew across the beach grounds into a woman's back. I'd like to hope she wasn't hurt.

Safe and sane, exiles.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
crunkatog wrote:
It's all fun and games until some dipshits aim a roman candle into a fir tree after 2 weeks of drought...

Spoiler
Another year we watched in horror as a kid on a bicycle, pedalling like mad across the blacktop at the lakeside park, lit sparklers tucked into his spokes, launched a sparkler out of his front wheel up under his arm and it got tangled up in his backpack straps and he freaked out and spun out trying to get it away from his face.

Then there were the guys who had obv spent quite a bit on ordnance and lit rocket after rocket, until one tipped over and set fire to the grass and the dad ran out to stamp out the grass but the dud still had live powder in it, it reignited, and flew across the beach grounds into a woman's back. I'd like to hope she wasn't hurt.

Safe and sane, exiles.

This year was better than last year for us. One person with their hand completely blown off, another with what looked like two bone twigs that used to be fingers, lots of hand, face and eye burns, but no deaths this year.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Raycheetah wrote:
I still have plenty of the old "Red, White, and Blue Fireworks" MTX GGG sold one year. Too bad I'm just a dumb Yank and can't figger out how to link 'em here. ='[.]'=

Yeah got a couple left as well.
Was there any reason given why they stopped selling fireworks?
[Removed by Support]

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
jackof8lades wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Yeah got a couple left as well.
Was there any reason given why they stopped selling fireworks?

None I was aware of. If GGG wanted to make some real money, they oughtta skin the fireworks effect with Celestial colors or some other popular flavor. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info