[3.20] ⚡Velyna's Storm Brand Inquisitor⚡ Leaguestart | Smooth Mapper | All Uber Bosses Down

Why are we using skill points and some gear stats on Critical Strike Chance for spells when we are using Controlled Destruction support?
"
Vandamonia wrote:
Why are we using skill points and some gear stats on Critical Strike Chance for spells when we are using Controlled Destruction support?
Because controlled destruction does not take away all of your crit. It takes away like 1-2% overall and gives a large amount of spell damage.
"
jrb321 wrote:
"
Vandamonia wrote:
Because controlled destruction does not take away all of your crit. It takes away like 1-2% overall and gives a large amount of spell damage.

But it reads 'supported skills have 100% reduced crit chance' Does it not mean this?
"
Vandamonia wrote:
"
jrb321 wrote:
"
Vandamonia wrote:

But it reads 'supported skills have 100% reduced crit chance' Does it not mean this?
No it doesnt meant it takes away all the crit. You can check for yourself in game. Put controlled destruction on a character that has a spell and crit then check your offense sheet for the crit and it will only drop a couple points.
So,me again.
Tried out the jewel path and switched around some items. I still feel really sqishy with Low damage Output. There must be something that i'm missing.
Helpss

e: i did get a 2nd Shavs and try to 6link it now; also i*m saving up for the transcendent flesh jewel.
Last edited by zimtstern_i85 on Nov 9, 2020, 5:33:02 AM
"
zimtstern_i85 wrote:
So,me again.
Tried out the jewel path and switched around some items. I still feel really sqishy with Low damage Output. There must be something that i'm missing.
Helpss

e: i did get a 2nd Shavs and try to 6link it now; also i*m saving up for the transcendent flesh jewel.

Hmm. The most obvious thing is that one of your rings is missing the catalyst cold conversion. Also, your helmet adds no dam (but energy shield of course). Have you tried using the unique helmet Velyna lists?

Besides those, I think -cold res enchants, Watcher's Eye (with -cold res on it) and cluster jewels are the most potent additions you can make. I personally use a Stygian Vise with a socketed jewel that adds some -cold res. I'm sitting at 6k ES, and even though I'm far from tanky I'm definitely able to do all* red alched+corrupted maps pretty comfortably.

Edit:
*With the exception of elemental reflect, no mana regen and physical reflect since I switched over to WoC.
Last edited by vjernelov on Nov 9, 2020, 6:42:14 PM
"
subcutan wrote:
Whats the reasoning behind the lightning to cold conversion? is it just bc of the shock mod?
is it possible to make it work with only lightning dmg and different rings?
"
subcutan wrote:
Whats the reasoning behind the lightning to cold conversion? is it just bc of the shock mod?
is it possible to make it work with only lightning dmg and different rings?

Converting gives us access to some powerful auras + other damage sources, along with the safety benefit of chill/freeze.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
It looks not so powerful from the Gif in the post. Is it phase 3?
Banned by TFT without a reason!
https://imgur.com/a/v447bMC
Hi Velyna,

Firstlu let me thank you for the build guide. It's really well written and comprehensive.

This is my first LL build and I would like to ask how many (roughly) regrets will I need when transitioning to LL. I have all the items already but need to level my char to be able to wear them.
Also what do you think about swapping Inspiration Support to Lightning or Cold Penetration?

Cheers :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info