[3.20] ⚡Velyna's Storm Brand Inquisitor⚡ Leaguestart | Smooth Mapper | All Uber Bosses Down

"
subcutan wrote:
Switched to this build in standard with my failed character from harvest league (Subcutar).
Although i think i pretty much have all the items needed, my damage feels and seems to be very low...like 500k dps in PoB.
Could someone check my char for what i am missing?

Looking at your profile quickly i see:

- missing enchant and -9cold on helmet

- no dps on watchers eye

- flat lightning isnt great on wand, and +1 to all spells is much better than +1 to lightning because your aura's are spells

- mutewind whispersteps will give a ton of damage

- make sure cold res is highest for wise oak (i didnt check this but people often forget)
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Last edited by Velyna on Oct 24, 2020, 2:49:57 PM
"
Velyna wrote:
"
subcutan wrote:
Switched to this build in standard with my failed character from harvest league (Subcutar).
Although i think i pretty much have all the items needed, my damage feels and seems to be very low...like 500k dps in PoB.
Could someone check my char for what i am missing?

Looking at your profile quickly i see:

- missing enchant and -9cold on helmet

- no dps on watchers eye

- flat lightning isnt great on wand, and +1 to all spells is much better than +1 to lightning because your aura's are spells

- mutewind whispersteps will give a ton of damage

- make sure cold res is highest for wise oak (i didnt check this but people often forget)

talking about that flask...yeah i just threw things i found in my stash just before logging out. so i did not check for resistances yet.

but to all the listet above....would they close the gab from 500k to 3.7kk dps? PoB does not include penetration in its dps, does it? i dont get why the gab is so huge.
"
subcutan wrote:
talking about that flask...yeah i just threw things i found in my stash just before logging out. so i did not check for resistances yet.

but to all the listet above....would they close the gab from 500k to 3.7kk dps? PoB does not include penetration in its dps, does it? i dont get why the gab is so huge.

If you changed all those things the difference would be drastic yea, not sure the numbers exactly.

Penetration boot enchant and curse on hit gloves are huge I forgot to mention. Also elemental quality on rings to increase the conversion %.
Last edited by Velyna on Oct 25, 2020, 11:41:36 AM
Hi, ty for the Build i love it. My next step is making a good Wand, do u have any Tips for whats the best way to craft one?
Hey, was playing private league up until a few days ago and then decided to run this build.
I just bought most of the gear for the low life version (the mid tier one) but I am running into a problem. Hopefully someone know what I am overlooking. I can't run Hatred, Wrath and Discipline at the same time. It would reserve more than what's possible. Does anybody here have any idea what I am overlooking?

//Edit// Nevermind, I overlooked the node on the tree
Last edited by MarcusMcBride on Oct 26, 2020, 2:41:40 PM
Hopefully this question won't be as dumb as the last one.
I am having a hard time understanding why my damage output in PoB is so much lower than in the mid tier version of the build?
Even when I change all the gems to the awakened versions I am still only doing 1/3 of the dmg in the mid tier PoB.
Is there something I am missing?
My PoB with changed gems is: https://pastebin.com/3wd8VUPk

Also, would we benefit from the divergent storm brand? I have one at almost lvl 20 now and was wondering if it was worth slotting in to the build?
"
MarcusMcBride wrote:
Hopefully this question won't be as dumb as the last one.
I am having a hard time understanding why my damage output in PoB is so much lower than in the mid tier version of the build?
Even when I change all the gems to the awakened versions I am still only doing 1/3 of the dmg in the mid tier PoB.
Is there something I am missing?
My PoB with changed gems is: https://pastebin.com/3wd8VUPk

Also, would we benefit from the divergent storm brand? I have one at almost lvl 20 now and was wondering if it was worth slotting in to the build?

Looking at the PoB the easiest DPS upgrades are probably:

- mutewind boots with lab enchant (massive dps increase, like 15%)

- transcendent flesh

- wand upgrade would be massive also, its not super hard to beat cerberus

- missing elemental quality on one ring

- once you have leech on large cluster jewel, you dont need Ethereal Feast. all those points can be put into the second medium cluster and Shamans Dominion

Divergent storm brand is fun, I was using it combined with the chain helm enchant and loved the pack clear but it's totally optional. Another fun thing is Anomalous Swiftbrand...it's actually insanely good.

Hey there,

so i respecced into your build as i thought it seems simple enough.
Well, all currency gone and i must be doing something really wrong cause the toon is super squishy.

I*m running t9 maps and it feels really wrong somehow.

As i*m playing on ps4 the prices are quite different than on pc, fyi.

Any advice what to prioritice is appreciated.

Kind regards..
Hey,
being in the same PS4 position as yourself, I can sympathize with the trademarket being lacking at best.

For me, the whole build really took off once I started adding in the cluster jewels and respeccing to that, the same way Velyna does it in her endgame PoB link.

So despite lacking -9 cold res on helmet, no Watcher's Eye (because I don't sit on anywhere near 12ex), no Transcendent Flesh (since it doesn't even exist on the market), a mediocre wand and no DPS enabling enchants on the rest of my gear, I can rather comfortably do T16 maps.

Thus, go for the cluster jewels!

Whats the reasoning behind the lightning to cold conversion? is it just bc of the shock mod?
is it possible to make it work with only lightning dmg and different rings?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info