I Miss Boem...

its mis not miss yet
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Exxxcuuse me miss

ALSO, we need some improvements in the laws of this land, those forever incremental punishments its too much.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Oct 12, 2021, 1:41:57 PM
Another upvote for Boem. Still incarcerated, but never forgotten! \o/
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 23, 2021, 10:08:42 PM
Bumping for Boem :)
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Pour out another one for Boem.
So I just found confirmation that there is such a thing as permanent probation, which is likely what Boem is on now. Well, I suppose it's good to know for sure. Not gonna let the torch die tho. But here's a headsup for you all. It's funny, because in some ways they seem to be taking an even harder stance against forum 'misbehaviour' than even RMT, which is telling.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 18, 2021, 1:12:19 AM
What, you didn't believe me?

Feelers all hurt now. :(

I have been railing against that strange disparity for years. Probation dodging is a thing because probation was never meant to be a ban. But since GGG know they can't actually ban anyone (you are allowed to make a new account if you are banned) this arbitrary notion of the effectively permanent probation came into play.

The entire system, from the laughably vague "Code of Conduct" (compare it to the comprehensive versions for any other game of equal size and popularity) to the mostly unknown 'doubling of probation duration until it might as well be permanent' practice, needs an overhaul but so does a lot of peripheral shit re PoE. Hell, so does a lot of non-.

Again, why you think the subreddit is their platform of choice? They don't need to moderate it, their posts are kept visible much longer, and the whole UI is purpose built for one thing: rapid engagement.

It's honestly delightful how much work the PoE community does for GGG for free.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 18, 2021, 8:05:34 PM
"
What, you didn't believe me?

Feelers all hurt now. :(

Sorry, I don't recall hearing this from you before. Probably forgot.

Also it's ironic that the moderation regime on Reddit is far less restrictive than here (I haven't faced any mod punishments on there at all in all these years, in contrast to my infamy here), and yet GGG themselves seem to ultimately prefer and respond more to them than their own forums. It's like even they're not happy about their OWN handiwork. Talk about fail.

Of course Reddit doesn't permit non-PoE related posts, but then Off-Topic has always been a relative backwater compared to several of the other far more active sub-forums that're entirely dedicated just to the game. Most forum users aren't here, so that greater focus is likely not a significant difference.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 19, 2021, 12:06:20 AM
I have zero data to base this assumption on but I'd assume that the most likely scenario for a permanent probation is if the poster got into a "disagreement" with a moderator?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Not quite. It's when a user is deemed too problematic due to multiple infractions to deal with from that point onwards.

Forum community wise, the most well known permaprobate has to be BMBI1. To my knowledge he never did any one thing that would warrant a straight up ban but instead was so frequent a flyer of the Red Badge of Arnie Spamming that a day became two days became 4 became 8 and so on.

I also don't think it's standardised. I was threatened with permanent removal not that long ago and my current probation duration is much lower than it should be due to a slatecleaning when I deleted the main account. I was up to 3 months on that one. Since then it's been mere days, maybe a week. So either there was a conscious 'second chance' bought with my old account's complete obliteration OR whoever probated me last few times didn't know who I was. And let's be honest -- that's not likely.

So no, it takes more than merely disagreeing with moderators. That is to their credit, although they are very good at stonewalling if they feel you are wasting their time. It takes becoming a serious burden on the staff, at which point excision is deemed a better move than just another bandaid.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 28, 2021, 4:25:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info