[3.20] 🌿 Devon's Blooming Flicker 🌿 | Most content viable | Decent starter | 8M DPS

If you want a build that can get through any content and want to use raider flicker id suggest taking a look at this https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/mooshings/GenericMoosh?i=34 its a high end player using flicker currently and u can see from his stats he gets 27m dps from flicker.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/qhe61416/Flicker_Mastery?i=10&search=sort%3Ddps
So this is another flicker build for current season with a high invest but prolly less so than the headhunter build.
Hey man, thanks for making the guide!

https://pastebin.com/R8rn41k2

I have now played to lvl 79 and got most of the more budget gear (+Ryslatha's). It plays rather smoothly up to around T7 but anything above gets tedious. I am wondering what I should do or upgrade to improve it, and looking at your POB doesnt really tell me how you have over ten times the damage. I still have around 7ex to spare but didnt want to blindly throw it at the character.
Last edited by GrumpySchmumpy on Nov 3, 2021, 8:22:36 AM
On the pob you're wearing a Farrul's fur and have no aspect of the cat on your gear, and how does the phys version compare to the cold conversion one?
Last edited by Eclypsons on Nov 7, 2021, 2:26:15 AM
"
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/qhe61416/Flicker_Mastery?i=10&search=sort%3Ddps
So this is another flicker build for current season with a high invest but prolly less so than the headhunter build.

That's Ten_Frenzy_Flicker on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/andy114425liu/community

He plays Flicker strike every league it would seem.
"

Get a Farrul's Fur, it's a must on every flicker build
Last edited by Eclypsons on Nov 7, 2021, 2:26:41 AM
Hello.

It's my first time playing PoE and first time using an existing build. I'm a total newbie but very much enjoying the gameplay.

Trying flicker build and I'm kinda lost on what to do now. Got to lvl 86 and just doing T6-7 maps.

https://pastebin.com/BjkVqa2S

Could I get some guidence on what to do next because it's a real struggle to surive at higher maps (can't really do 4th labirynth as well)? I have like 200 chaos orbs.

Can I get some guidence please? Is there something I can improve? Do I have to farm a lot of chaos orbs to progress?
"
Dizzely wrote:
Hello.

It's my first time playing PoE and first time using an existing build. I'm a total newbie but very much enjoying the gameplay.

Trying flicker build and I'm kinda lost on what to do now. Got to lvl 86 and just doing T6-7 maps.

https://pastebin.com/BjkVqa2S

Could I get some guidence on what to do next because it's a real struggle to surive at higher maps (can't really do 4th labirynth as well)? I have like 200 chaos orbs.

Can I get some guidence please? Is there something I can improve? Do I have to farm a lot of chaos orbs to progress?

Hi, I'm by no means an expert, but I can help you shore up on some deficiencies in your build. For starters, pick up a Flesh and Stone and run it as one of your main auras. You should be running Pride, Dread Banner, and another aura of your choice (if your mana pool can handle it). I'm running Pride, Dread Banner, and Grace (instead of Flesh and Stone) for the extra evasion.

You should also make a 4L set up with Vaal Ancestral Warchief, Ancestral Protector, Maim Support, and Culling Support. Once you get another 5L on your sword, you can make this VAC, AP, Maim, Culling, and Impale Support. Culling kills any enemy with 10% HP or less after they've taken a hit, Maim makes enemies take more physical damage, and impale increases Impale stacks for more DPS. For this totem setup, you want to ignore Ancestral Warchief and only use the Vaal version during a boss fight to give yourself a burst of DPS. During mapping, you can use AP for packs you're having a hard time killing. When you get into a boss chamber, drop VAC and AP on the boss, plant your banner, then just go to town and wail on him until dead.

For equipment, you can replace your helmet with either a Starkonja or an Abyssus. Both will boost your DPS, but Abyssus will nearly double your DPS while also making you take more damage. Starkonja will up your DPS maybe around 15%, but will help with your survivability. Remember, no matter how high your DPS is, it doesn't matter if you die before you can dish it out.

Your gloves and shoes are bad. Pick up any pair of evasion or armor based gloves that give # to # physical damage, resistance, life, attack speed, and any attributes you might need to round out your character. You can also grab yourself a pair of armor or evasion based Nikes with life, res, increased armour/evasion, movement speed and spell suppression if possible. Prioritize survivability here.

Your jewelry could be better, but it would also be potentially expensive to replace them for better ones. Keep them for now but keep in mind that they can be improved later on down the line.

You really only need one life flask. You should have a Lion's Roar Granite Flask, Silver Flask for Onslaught, and Diamond Flask for Crit Chance. You can hold onto a mana flask in case of emergencies or for maps that have no leech/regen mods.

Both of your jewels could be better, but your Spirit Beak Viridian Jewel can be a lot better. Aim for damage/attack speed, res, and life.

You're also really squishy because
A: Your Life pool is really low
B: You have Low Armour
C: You have Low evasion

For A, you just have to find more Life somewhere and you'd ideally want to hit somewhere around 5k life at a minimum if you can. It's going to be hard, so just try to hit 4500 as you level up.

For B and C, there are a few things you can do. First, implement a failsafe guard skill. This can be something like linking Steelskin to Cast When Damage Taken or putting Steelskin on your left click so that you cast it off cooldown whenever you walk. There are four guard skills relevant to you and they are Molten Shell, Vaal Molten Shell, Steelskin, and Immortal Call. Steelskin is a flat damage barrier that increases with gem level, Molten Shell and Vaal molten shells are partial damage barriers that take a portion of a hit for you with its upper limits determined by your armour stat, and immortal call gives you flat phys and elemental damage reduction that increases per endurance charge it consumes. With how low your armour is, I think it'd be best to take Steelskin and bind it to your left click, or you can take Iron Reflexes on your passive tree. Iron Reflexes converts all of your evasion to armour, so then you can have CWDT to Molten Shell and have Vaal molten shell on manual cast for boss fights or as a bug out ability; however, this takes away souls from Vaal Ancestral Warchief so that's something to worry about. I personally took the Iron Reflexes route with AC-CWDT and Vaal AC on manual cast.

So, with all of the changes made, here are the resulting figures:

Sustained DPS (No Flasks, No Totems)
W/ Starkonja's: Around 100k | W/ Flasks: Around 130K
W/ Abyssus : Around 170k | W/ Flasks: Around 230k

Burst DPS (Yes Flasks, Yes Totems)
W/ Starkonja's: Around 400k
W/ Abyssus : Around 650k

Defensive Stats (Yes Flasks, No Iron Reflexes)
W/ Starkonja's: ~12,000 Evasion (66% evade)| 7,000 Armour (66% phys reduc)
W/ Abyssus : ~ 7,000 Evasion (54% evade)| 8,900 Armour (71% phys reduc)
- Abyssus makes you take 40-50% more Physical damage

D. Stats W/ Iron Reflexes
W/ Starkonja's: ~18,000 Armour (87% Phys reduction)
W/ Abyssus : ~15,000 Armour (84% Phys reduction)

If you're able to fit in Grace Aura somewhere and you have enough mana to play the game, you'll 40,000+ armour with Iron Reflexes.

I hope that helps!

edit: You need mult totems support with the totems setup if you want both VAWC and AP down. I also unallocated the Mark mastery wheel in the bottom right in favor of getting tribal fury, that way I can sub in brutality in place melee splash
Last edited by krnxrat on Nov 11, 2021, 8:24:01 PM
Close combat rush support or melee physical damage support for the 6-link? I see it's diffrent if i look here on the website or in the PoB.
Hi, I just wanna say that this is a great guide and I have some question because I'm sort of struggling on maps right now.

First, how much HP is good to have? I have 2.6 right now and I certainly feel like that's not enough because I sometimes get one shot or do I need chaos resistance? Do I just keep leveling to gain more HP from the passive skill tree or do I need more HP on my gear?

Second, is there an alternative to enlighten support? The only aura I'm missing is pride, because I don't have enough mana, should I be fine without it for now?

Sorry if these question are dumb, I'm a fairly new player.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info