New and Changed Slam Skills in Path of Exile: Harvest

Was thinking smite would have this tag too. Bah, nvm.
But seriously, hopping for us to use those "meta" skills you'd better have unbelievable boosts. Except for earthshater+leap slam, I seriously doubt anything good around.
The best part was about sunder. What a joke, it's even useless than before. I laughted a lot, TY
Last edited by Atlantis_arch on Jun 12, 2020, 5:29:24 AM
Pretty hyped !
starforge perforate impale champ, here we go
"
Atlantis_arch wrote:

Smite is a Strike. GGG have already revealed some passives and a Warcry for Strike skills, so I guess 3.11 is a buff.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
"
Sarganis87 wrote:
"
Atlantis_arch wrote:

Smite is a Strike. GGG have already revealed some passives and a Warcry for Strike skills, so I guess 3.11 is a buff.

Yeah ...but it's a slam skill in functionality.

I think the point was in that regard, and there can be an argument made that much of GGG / PoE's design of things is pretty off. It would be like saying lightning strike isn't a projectile ....because it has the strike tag, or that cleave isn't an aoe because it's just a cone attack. Semantics just because at the time ...there isn't an official label attached to it.
Slam skills will have specified weapon types or they will work with any?
I love it :O
And here I was considering making a trapper as my leaguer starter, guess its melee time :)
Ready to play ice crash as all classes >,>
"
JoeShmo wrote:
"
Sarganis87 wrote:
"
Atlantis_arch wrote:

Yeah ...but it's a slam skill in functionality.

I think the point was in that regard, and there can be an argument made that much of GGG / PoE's design of things is pretty off. It would be like saying lightning strike isn't a projectile ....because it has the strike tag, or that cleave isn't an aoe because it's just a cone attack. Semantics just because at the time ...there isn't an official label attached to it.

I thought Smite just swings into thin air without a target to hit. But it does the AoE. So yea, I agree now, it should be reclassified as Slam and behave accordingly.

Actually, Lightning Strike also behaves like Slam in a sense that it does its thing even without a target to hit. Pair that with Molten Strike (same tags) and yeah, definitely a skewed skill design there.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info