New and Changed Warcries in Path of Exile: Harvest

Pog
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
What really got me excited though is this:

"by default Warcries no longer share cooldowns in order to promote builds using multiple Warcries"

Thank you... Finally.

Sounds to me like this change might've come from someone who went back and played Diablo 2 Barbarian... :D
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
not triggerable warcrys stay b.LLsh.t !!!
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
Goods4188 wrote:
"
Lord_Drakken wrote:
I am excited that they reworked war cry skills. The change to counting monsters was desperately needed! However, for me, what I really need is the new skill gem/socket system to make its debut.

I want to use rallying cry on my dominating blow guardian. But where am I going to put it with all of my auras, heralds, and minion skills? I already run around with no CWDT defense running.

I hate that the skills I use are not limited by my mana, or my ability to play my character, but instead too few sockets on my gear. I can't wait until I can run around with multiple skills and use them more tactically instead of just one.

How do you see dominating blow working with this league mechanic? I too love dominating blow but it’s such a momentum skill and the farming doesn’t seem to meld with dominating blow at all. As a result I am not sure dom blow is a realistic league start if you want to play the league mechanic. Kind of a bummer honestly.

However, I wonder if we can now go so sort of two handed resolute technique and use the ancestral cry to better our main skill. Either way though, I just don’t see it working with the league mechanic.

i personally wonder whether generals cry + dom blow + multistrike will result in x ghosts striking 3 times and potentially EACH spawning sentinels. this WOULD be quite the hilarious way to spawn lots of minions even in the garden very fast.
"
Falcord wrote:
"
Icoblablubb wrote:
sounds good and all but wtf has this anything to do with 2hand buffs when 1hand gets the same out of these warcry buffs...

No it doesn't, it's basic math.

Exert gives percentage based bonuses to a limited number of attacks. This means it's a lot more effective on slower, impactful attacks.

* 10 hits per second dealing 30 damage each = 300 DPS
* 3 hits per second dealing 100 damage each = 300 DPS

Now apply "Exert your next three attacks to deal double damage" to the above assuming for simplicity you can trigger a warcry every second, and you get the following:

* 7 hits dealing 30 damage and 3 hits dealing 60 = 390 DPS for the 1h.
* 3 hits dealing 200 damage = 600 DPS for the 2h.

Exert is actually a *lot* better for slow attacks, and especially since you seem to be able to stack exerts from different sources.

question still is: multistrike. does it remove 3 exert charges or 1? i'm not sure it is visible in the video. they are using moltenstrike/ancestral cry and later tecslam/infernal cry. but i DONT see the "red-squared 3" multistrike icon on either skill.
"
Falcord wrote:
"
Icoblablubb wrote:
sounds good and all but wtf has this anything to do with 2hand buffs when 1hand gets the same out of these warcry buffs...

No it doesn't, it's basic math.

Exert gives percentage based bonuses to a limited number of attacks. This means it's a lot more effective on slower, impactful attacks.

* 10 hits per second dealing 30 damage each = 300 DPS
* 3 hits per second dealing 100 damage each = 300 DPS

Now apply "Exert your next three attacks to deal double damage" to the above assuming for simplicity you can trigger a warcry every second, and you get the following:

* 7 hits dealing 30 damage and 3 hits dealing 60 = 390 DPS for the 1h.
* 3 hits dealing 200 damage = 600 DPS for the 2h.

Exert is actually a *lot* better for slow attacks, and especially since you seem to be able to stack exerts from different sources.

The basic calculation is correct, but you forget that you will have cooldown on warcry so even if its double damage it will be reduced to much lower % increase.
Additionaly it will have animation and that also eats your DPS.

If you want to counter those two you need to invest points with you would invest to DPS in other terms.

So it isnt so great, its clunky in terms of POE fast gameplay.
We need better ways to give similary rewarding mechanic as attack speed - it just scale everything off so great that mere 20% increase in totall DPS that GGG will probably give as a counter-choice is not worth it anyway.
Last edited by herflik on Jun 9, 2020, 5:48:48 AM
Great!
♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈
Ign: @Yavvyred
STD Trade/Craft/Carry: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2289358
Pog
GGG please rework on character models and the weapons.

2h weapons looks too small
Not really interested in using a warcry all the time. I've tried it and hated it. Unless they provide some huge benefit I'll pass.

"
Nizreb915 wrote:
I'm not sure how this applies to buff 2 handed weapons as they seem to equally effect all weapon types.

Seems right. Don't see any connection to specific weapons.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info