Path of Exile: Harvest FAQ

Gj.
♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈
Ign: @Yavvyred
STD Trade/Craft/Carry: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2289358
The only thing I really don't like is how craft options in a single harvest are lost after that harvest.

I mean now that they explained the whole system I kinda get why it has to work like that, but I simply don't like it. Also don't really like the theme. Not something that belongs in PoE imo. And coming from Delirium which at last gave us a much more gothic-like darker and somewhat lovecraftian theme, this feels really meh.

I mean, since they stated back before 3.9 that the patches leading up to PoE2 are with keeping PoE2 in mind to weave into it, I kinda don't see how (aside form mechanics) this does such a thing.

Personally, theme wise I would have preferred some changes so it all fit. For example, instead of seeds make something like Primordial Seals, holding inside them the essence of ancient beasts. We set them up in incubators (instead of planting them like seeds), and use devices like, idk, a Soul Pillar or something, among others, and we collect souls we kill. We use the souls for the crafting or to feed power to the incubating Seals to grow them. When ready, we "harvest" the Seals, and collect their crafting recipes as items that we can use later. To use those crafting recipes dropped, we will need to put them into some soul chamber device in said instanced location and use souls collected for each craft (hence the "use souls for crafting or to feed power to the seals" I mentioned before).

And viola.

This will also allow for those crafting recipes to be traded. If that is too much, we can keep them bound to a Soul Chamber stash that is "soul-bound" to each account.

Something like that for me would add the ability to use those crafts at a later time, yet still only through the same league mechanic, and the whole theme would fit 100 times more than...... planting seeds. Then id change that League name from Harvest to Primordial or something, and we're done.

Idk, atm in terms of immersion it really feels like a whole lot of arbitrary content that simply doesn't fit.

Yes, some of us still like immersion and look for it in this game.
Last edited by HazaRdReborN on Jun 5, 2020, 5:32:32 AM
i ended most previous leagues with a quad full of "nice items to be crafted".
always missed the currency to do so.

hope that changes now.

one detail i like is that more difficult fights will add more options, not better affixes. (if i understood that right)

otherwise i would keep the best options until i feel powerful enough to do them and that moment never comes, like with my stack of delirium stones which is a waste to do if you can't finish wave 20.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
i ended most previous leagues with a quad full of "nice items to be crafted".
always missed the currency to do so.

hope that changes now.

one detail i like is that more difficult fights will add more options, not better affixes. (if i understood that right)

otherwise i would keep the best options until i feel powerful enough to do them and that moment never comes, like with my stack of delirium stones which is a waste to do if you can't finish wave 20.

Yeah I mean, on my post before yours I go into how I don't like the theme, or not being able to hold onto crafting recipes. But, I don't go into the actual recipes themselves and the mechanic. Which, I kinda find to be rather cool :D

As for Delirium Splinters... I say, just do them, even if you can only do like 5 waves. The amount of shit that drops there is better than just keeping them for that time when you can do 20 waves :)
Last edited by HazaRdReborN on Jun 5, 2020, 5:52:03 AM
It would be nice if they released a 3 month flashback along side Harvest for people that don't want to help them test additional crafting systems for PoE2.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
I might skip this league, these holdups in gameplay to fiddle with all this BS bores me in an ARPG.

I think the best alternate mechanic you have made by far is the delve. Easy to understand, you kill monsters, and you can make sidetrips to find fossils. Its a different pace and point, but still all about the action.

That said, I salute your understanding of your games economics and your dedication to making it worthwhile re: the early exalting of items that wont break the late game economy.
I don't think this league will be regarded as one on the greats by many. It's great for crafters but this is not a large portion of the playerbase. Most people just want to kill things and get loot and for them this league will be worse than a lot of the other leagues we've had.

You could still try and make a garden to get some use/currency out of it by selling the good crafts but it's easily open for being scammed. So after a few weeks be prepared for the reddit threads "I got scammed for my craft"
READ CAREFULLY

"
but you'll also receive regular items and potentially some Harvest-specific uniques. The item drop rate of monsters in the garden is higher than that of regular monsters in the main game (because they're league content).

Get Ready for another league of milions of trash barbage items on the ground....wheter or not its gonna be stable or smooth or not, it will still be crap.
🎥 Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/unga___bunga
🟢 SC League Thread - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576251
🟢 STD SC PoG SHOP - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936410
🔴 Ribs - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9OJed57srnoXRP46QRznSw
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
I don't think this league will be regarded as one on the greats by many. It's great for crafters but this is not a large portion of the playerbase. Most people just want to kill things and get loot and for them this league will be worse than a lot of the other leagues we've had.

I'd really love to see the factual evidence for these claims. How was it determined that a large portion of the playerbase does not like crafting, does not use crafting or does not engage with crafting? That might be true for all those that quit before even reaching maps, but that's not really the core playerbase either.

Also: You still can kill things and get loot. I mean, nothing changed on that front. It is not like you are suddenly only able to craft and do nothing else. You get some crafting options every few maps that you can use without having to think about them much and if you really don't want to do it at all, you sell the seeds instead. Then you can buy your gear the same way you did in all leagues before...
"
Serdoa wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

I'd really love to see the factual evidence for these claims. How was it determined that a large portion of the playerbase does not like crafting, does not use crafting or does not engage with crafting? That might be true for all those that quit before even reaching maps, but that's not really the core playerbase either.

Also: You still can kill things and get loot. I mean, nothing changed on that front. It is not like you are suddenly only able to craft and do nothing else. You get some crafting options every few maps that you can use without having to think about them much and if you really don't want to do it at all, you sell the seeds instead. Then you can buy your gear the same way you did in all leagues before...

The crafting options are replacing most of the loot that used to drop in leagues. So if you don't make use of it, it is worse than prior leagues for loot. You cannot also save/sell crafts easily/safely.

If they allowed you to seal and sell a craft like you can for Prophecies, then it would be better for those who are not interested in crafting items. It's not going to be easy to craft as you need the item already for the specific craft you want or you lose the craft as you can't store it. So players are just going to ignore most of it.

So what will happen for most is:

- they see a good craft
- spend currency to buy an item that they can craft/tweak with it
- put item back for sale for more and hope someone buys it so that they can make some profit.
- with trading for items not being simple/quick, people are not going to bother doing this after a while

or try to sell the craft and probably get scammed.
Last edited by SaiyanZ on Jun 5, 2020, 7:55:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info