New Brand Gems and Brand Changes in Path of Exile: Harvest

I do find it really weird to nerf the core skill gem to prevent the interaction of a support gem making it OP.

However, with the the new DOT mechanic and frequency increase the explosion damage of the both the cold and physical versions a high cast speed trickster could really capitalize on both of these gems and be very good, if not a little spammy.

I'm going with the confused by the devs wait and the wait and see stance here. I still really want to play a winter brand build.
Implement new skills for a build that noone will play anymore because its nerfed dead ? WTF.

next nerf herald ? (the real overpowered builds?)

not realy fun anymore.

Is it just me or can arcanist brand be insane? What about magma orb with swiftbrand support, GMP (or other ways to increase # of projs without sacrificing damage), and spell echo. Combine that with the extra brands from hiero + the cluster jewels, you can get like 9 brands spewing magma orbs....
"
MandrulDuce wrote:

I don't understand all the passive vs active gameplay debate that is going on in this topic. I find it quite irrelevant. There is a target audience for both just like some people like chocolate and others like ice cream.

Many ppl here want chocolate icecream. They want the damage of a heavily overpowered active playstyle for the opportunity costs of a passive one, because they got used to it. Count me in for the easy win.

Archmage support was over the top even for lower mana costs (I had like 800-900 Mana for frequent selfcasts). A.t.m., the combination of Unleash + Archmage support is still waaay better than any "conventional" magic support gem combination from before. (That's why I expect an Archmage nerf as well.)

Last edited by Rabiator on Jun 9, 2020, 6:39:04 AM
ok so most of this is fine but... i do not like the brands returning to their original location.. unless you give a massive increase to attachment range by default. Otherwise it'll be exactly the same as casting an aoe spell on a mod... like casting frost bomb or rain of fire... Brands will no longer be a different playstyle :S

i dont care about duration or brand recall stuff, i never really used it anyway.

Maybe brands can jump between mobs as long as they dont hit the ground? idk maybe i'm not understanding it completely.

tldr: new brands sound good, new brand mechanics are questionable. I am concerned.
Storm Brand is one of my favorite builds to play and has been for the past few leagues, I get excited to play it a lot because it was a build that could be for the witch that finally did not involve having to play zombies/undead that could do alright for itself and was satisfying and fast to play, it really sucks that you guys are doing this to brand builds WHILE ADDING brand abilities to the game, nobody is going to play this now and it's even more sad because other builds based on similar concepts don't have to refresh their skills non-stop and it is completely unjustifiable, there's a build in particular, we all know it, that has hardly been touched and to this day is still op and yet you choose to nerf brands?
"
Monstrr wrote:
Storm Brand is one of my favorite builds to play and has been for the past few leagues, I get excited to play it a lot because it was a build that could be for the witch that finally did not involve having to play zombies/undead that could do alright for itself and was satisfying and fast to play, it really sucks that you guys are doing this to brand builds WHILE ADDING brand abilities to the game, nobody is going to play this now and it's even more sad because other builds based on similar concepts don't have to refresh their skills non-stop and it is completely unjustifiable, there's a build in particular, we all know it, that has hardly been touched and to this day is still op and yet you choose to nerf brands?

Jesus u say that what i cant say to GGG i agree 100% Thank u so mutch
Hi GGG could you please NERF THE ARCHMAGE AND LEAVE BRAND RECALL ALONE?

I personaly prefer to have less damage than losing a smooth gameplay that brand recall provided all this time.

Don't nerf the QOL of brand please.
Thank you! What should we play in SSF? Nothing and switching to trade league? Playing herald stackinng s***? Byuing currency in shops?

/irony off
Can any one help me I just got my son a celestial barrage effect. He’s new to the game. How can set that up for him. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info