Last Epoch going to have vacuum pickup for crafting materials + more

It's not PoE's engine that's busted, it's how the game handles memory. Whoever designed their memory management system is terrible at it.
The vaccuum idea is awesome
Censored.
"
Jerle wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:

sadly the game would still be less than poe so idrc xD

That was what people said about POE in 2013 ;)
We'll see :P hope poe will get competition:P still don't see it happen with last epoch still lacks too much but sure it can change:P
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
galuf wrote:
Lol it's advertising man. The man said he took almost 1 year on the graphics and used a plugin for lips ^^, nothing about the dev. He was advertising the game and a tech. I don't like sponsored content...

You have ray tracing in the palm of your hand as well, just read the doc and do it...

Sponsored or not but Unreal engine can't be bad right? ;)

I would say the video pretty much show that nowadays, indie game developers have a much easier time to compete with AAA companies.
Using stolen assets helps you compete against AAA companies also.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Eleventh Hour Games have the potential to be the next GGG, and unlike the old GGG who had no idea they'd become the next Blizzard, they know it. The state of Last Epoch right now is pretty impressive for early access, with almost too much content for what used to be little more than a tech demo. No other ARPG out there is being made quite so explicitly post-PoE as LE -- its devs are Exiles, after all.

On the other hand, it does a lot of really cool 'new' things for the ARPG genre, such as on-the-fly deterministic crafting inspired a little by the Torchlight system (add specific mods by choice, increase chance of breaking items) and individual trees for skills (the closest to that I can recall would be Sacred 2, but I may be wrong). So it makes perfect sense that they'd have vacuum pickup for the crafting materials -- everything about that system is streamlined to hell. I genuinely love LE's crafting system, the control it gives me to fulfil one of PoE's original promises: that a white item could potentially become very powerful. Similarly, most drops you'd never use still have some value because you can shatter them for flexible crafting mods that sit in your account-wide crafting reservoir (you can choose to create characters cut off from this reservoir should you desire the challenge). It's really quite brilliant.

Also, there's no 'inventory' limitation with LE's crafting materials. They have a numerical representation in a separate crafting screen; no bullshit 'buy more stash tabs for crafting materials' in Last Epoch. So there's no chance of the vacuum mechanic clashing with the ARPG stalwart of limited bag space.

So why do I play Wolcen instead? For me, it's just plain more fun. The gameplay is much closer to the slickness of D3. Last Epoch, however, is poised to be much more than a light experience. I think it'll be more of a rival for Diablo 4 than an increasingly stale, uninspired PoE, IF it can sort certain issues out, not the least being multiplayer.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/899770/view/2220782288177699371

In case you had ANY doubt regarding my claims that Last Epoch is a direct response to the shortcomings of Path of Exile by former Exiles, behold the stash setup that, oh, I dunno, roughly fourteen billion people here have been asking for since Beta. 'Tab tabs' indeed, Sarno. Well played, O Valued One.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
aggromagnet wrote:

That makes sense now. Was wondering how 1 person can complete so many things in a short period of time.

But I am still impressed cos he definitely have the skills to stitch everything together. Now that he have some cash, it will be easy for him to switch to original assets.

"
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/899770/view/2220782288177699371

In case you had ANY doubt regarding my claims that Last Epoch is a direct response to the shortcomings of Path of Exile by former Exiles, behold the stash setup that, oh, I dunno, roughly fourteen billion people here have been asking for since Beta. 'Tab tabs' indeed, Sarno. Well played, O Valued One.

That is what caught my attention too.

Have to agree that GGG is slowly becoming Blizzard. There are many QOL things that POE is now seriously lacking. 3.10 is the league that gave me serious CTS problem. They need to really fix this crazy amount of clicking that is needed to play the game. It is 2020 now and old values will need to adjust to the new era.

Not saying that the core people of GGG have changed but rather, they have too many things in their hands now and they have to delegate "non essential" stuff to other people. As time goes by, this will become more apparent and because of the delegation of responsibilities to non-business owners, there will be more discontent among the community.

I have played POE for almost 4 years now and never thought I would look for another game till this specific league because of the issues I have with my hands.

Curious what other monetize model does Last Epoch have besides that 1 time fee? Cos 1 time fee model won't be able to make a game last long. There has to be a way to re-generate that money pool to keep development going.
He has been replacing what he stole, and some of the results are...not great. Some of it seems to have likely been indie stuff used without permission, but other parts were definitely ripped off from more mainstream studios like Gearbox.

He should count himself incredibly lucky that no one has wanted to sue him (that I'm aware of), not that it would likely amount to much anyway since he's in China. What he did was par for the course there lol.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
So why do I play Wolcen instead? For me, it's just plain more fun. The gameplay is much closer to the slickness of D3. Last Epoch, however, is poised to be much more than a light experience. I think it'll be more of a rival for Diablo 4 than an increasingly stale, uninspired PoE, IF it can sort certain issues out, not the least being multiplayer.

I don't mind Last Epoch succeeding. Unlike Wolcen, they actually seem to be trying to do something new. Wolcen started out with that promise, when it was still called Umbra, but later dropped it. Also unlike Wolcen, they're not relying on uninformed hype to sell the game as they're actually allowing people to get a good taste of what the finished game is gonna be like in their EA. And the appeal of Last Epoch celebrates player ingenuity more than just slick graphics. Wolcen may have launched as a buggy mess, but it's not like the concept was great to start with. The last thing I'd want is to see the Diablo 3 approach to ARPGs actually succeed. That'd be a crying shame, where attempts at depth and creativity lose out to simple slick and shine.

That's also a stepping stone to the future ascendance of mobile ARPGs, since those tend to market in production values rather than depth as well, another thing I know you like to celebrate. There are better genres for mindless fun. ARPGs are one of the few gaming genres that allow for and celebrate depth (strategy games are even better, but they're not quite as big). I don't mind the existence of a simple ARPG or two, but I certainly wouldn't wish for the runaway success of any of them. They're welcome to the fringes, but I don't want that approach ever coming close to taking over the genre. So in a way, I'm thankful to Wolcen for mucking up as big as they did. Maybe when they eventually relaunch the game ala No Man's Sky they'll have not only fixed a lot of the bugs, but also fleshed out the game more. Maybe...
"
kira1414 wrote:

Curious what other monetize model does Last Epoch have besides that 1 time fee? Cos 1 time fee model won't be able to make a game last long. There has to be a way to re-generate that money pool to keep development going.

They will be selling support packs and have a mtx store.
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info