Last Epoch going to have vacuum pickup for crafting materials + more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DecYlWfoeDo&t=607s

Last Epoch wasn't appealing to me but upcoming changes is definitely getting my attention.

I guess at least my hands will love it.
Last bumped on May 18, 2020, 12:40:02 PM
Structural legacy issues like stash tabs is going to be the downfall of POE. I don’t know how they can ever change their system to compete with the tab system Last Epoch is going to have.
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
"
Jerle wrote:
Structural legacy issues like stash tabs is going to be the downfall of POE. I don’t know how they can ever change their system to compete with the tab system Last Epoch is going to have.
first i thought u were joking then i looked at the vid... yeah that would be bitching.

sadly the game would still be less than poe so idrc xD
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
satanttin wrote:

That was what people said about POE in 2013 ;)
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
"
Jerle wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:

That was what people said about POE in 2013 ;)

^ Exactly how I feel.

I have cut down my POE time significantly because of Carpal tunnel syndrome. With age catching up on me, any QOL to physical health is always welcome thing for me.
Don't get your hopes too high for last epoch. In HnS the "robustness"(robustess?) of the engine is one of the most key aspects of the game, fighting in bigger/open layouts is way better than fightning in corridors, fighting hordes is infinitely more satisfying that killing scarces enemies and it requires LOTS of optimisations.

The main issue with arpg(HnS) games is the engine, because you are bound to fight hordes. Last Epoch runs on Unity, it is not the worst framework, but I don't think it is low level enough to provide stellar game experience for HnS. The UI perks it provides are easy to scaffold with this tech, it doesn't mean that the game will behave that well once everything has been put together. I predict that the game will end up in a very dull/streamlined spot unfit to HnS purists.

PoE struggles as well with its engine with regular memory leaks, impossibly to play fluidly on HDD, etc... But at least with great config it works well, and has it is proprietary it is iterated over time wich overtime simultaneous improve perfs/capabilities but also sometimes riggs momentarily things that worked previously. D3 for example has a very complex hand made environment(C++ stuff) wich was proven to be impossible to be tempered with once the key devs lefts but, in the other hand, is extremly well optimised. I'm just speaking about recent big titles, we can also think about GD wich used titan quest engine with stuffs on top of it.

More and more the technologies used to dev games are key to their potential, self made things(like PoE or D3 did) are more risky and costly initially but prove to yeld better results over time if they company doesn't loose the knowledge of its own tech(wich genuinely happens).
Last edited by galuf on May 17, 2020, 4:42:55 AM
"
galuf wrote:
Don't get your hopes too high for last epoch.

The main issue with arpg(HnS) games is the engine, because you are bound to fight hordes. Last Epoch runs on Unity, it is not the worst framework, but I don't think it is low level enough to provide stellar game experience for HnS. The UI perks it provides are easy to scaffold with this tech, it doesn't mean that the game will behave that well once everything has been put together. I predict that the game will end up in a very dull/streamlined spot unfit to HnS purists.

PoE struggles as well with its engine with regular memory leaks, impossibly to play fluidly on HDD, etc... But at least with great config it works well, and has it is proprietary it is iterated over time. D3 for example has a very complex hand made environment(C++ stuff) wich was proven to be impossible to be tempered with once the key devs lefts but, in the other hand, is extremly well optimised. I'm just speaking about recent big titles, we can also think about GD wich used titan quest engine with stuffs on top of it.

More and more the technologies used to dev games are key to their potential, self made things(like PoE or D3 did) are more risky and costly initially but prove to yeld better results over time if they company doesn't loose the knowledge of its own tech(wich genuinely happens).

Picking a good engine to start is definitely crucial for long tail.

I have a video just on what a good game engine can achieve by 1 single developer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJThPQ6Bwjs
"
kira1414 wrote:

I have a video just on what a good game engine can achieve by 1 single developer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJThPQ6Bwjs

Lol it's advertising man. The man said he took almost 1 year on the graphics and used a plugin for lips ^^, nothing about the dev. He was advertising the game and a tech. I don't like sponsored content...

You have ray tracing in the palm of your hand as well, just read the doc and do it...
"
galuf wrote:
Lol it's advertising man. The man said he took almost 1 year on the graphics and used a plugin for lips ^^, nothing about the dev. He was advertising the game and a tech. I don't like sponsored content...

You have ray tracing in the palm of your hand as well, just read the doc and do it...

Sponsored or not but Unreal engine can't be bad right? ;)

I would say the video pretty much show that nowadays, indie game developers have a much easier time to compete with AAA companies.
Last Epoch did a massive graphics and performance update (the last patch) and I can say it not only runs better than PoE - it also looks much better.

PoE's engine is busted anyway, hence why we are waiting for PoE 2.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info