Integrating League Stories into Existing Lore

"
"
Gruentod wrote:

Smells like a Reddit stampede to me... ;)

The reddit stampede was what was killing Synthesis, this is just people thinking back and saying: "huh, actually Synthesis was great!"

synthesis was failing hard right at the start when the crafting table leaked and gave those professional players a unbelievable advantage.

it's been seen as good cause it allowed overpowered item crafting right from the start, there was nothing to discover in the league anymore.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
After ending POE2, epilogue introduces us to multiple dimensions, issue solved.
:D
"
vio wrote:

synthesis was failing hard right at the start when the crafting table leaked and gave those professional players a unbelievable advantage.

it's been seen as good cause it allowed overpowered item crafting right from the start, there was nothing to discover in the league anymore.

Ehm no?
Synthesis was bad the first 2 weeks because the implementation sucked and it was arguably a chore to find the interesting mods and how to syntheszed them, but the tables were out there for everyone. if you were able to do some research, than you were able to craft with it. thats it.
nobody got a head start. and why should endgame crafting be something easily accessible to everybody in the first place? thats a contradiction in itself.

Also: in this thread alone are plenty of people saying that the lore of synthesis was great and you want to tell me there was nothing besides crafting to this league? Sorry, but both your points are imho completely invalid.
"
"
vio wrote:

Ehm no?
Synthesis was bad the first 2 weeks because the implementation sucked and it was arguably a chore to find the interesting mods and how to syntheszed them, but the tables were out there for everyone. if you were able to do some research, than you were able to craft with it. thats it.
nobody got a head start. and why should endgame crafting be something easily accessible to everybody in the first place? thats a contradiction in itself.

Also: in this thread alone are plenty of people saying that the lore of synthesis was great and you want to tell me there was nothing besides crafting to this league? Sorry, but both your points are imho completely invalid.

they wanted players to figure out the crafting options themselves.
then it leaked.
games are about having players figure out stuff.

and i didn't allowed endgame crafting for everybody, it allowed a minority of professional players to buy off certain mods from other players right in the first few days.

if players had to figure it out themselves, it ouwld have taken longer and more players could have profited from it.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
dude, the table got datamined, the whole game is datamined. almost all of what we know about this game comes from that, all the mod tables etc... it was bound to happen.
even if they weren't able to datamine it, the elite of this game would still be the first to figure it all out. an engame crafting system will always be explored first by those with vast amounts of time and knowledge of this game.
if you dont know how to price your items than its on you when somebody snags the 4ex base for a couple chaos from you. this is a complex game where knowledge and time investment is rewarded.

I'm sorry you if you didnt get into synthesis crafting, but bringing it back could change that ;)
Delirium strange voice is depressing like cassia's during blight. They need to stfu after first encounter.

Tane following all over map and blocking way was horrible design for reroll rush

Breaches/Beyond is cool

Harbinger is too static and boring

The rogue exiles are cool but too easy compared to lets say syndicate

Syndicate is awesome, needs more intervention
Let us help Jun Ortoi build and recruit a new order and reclaim the stolen and sold[1] artefacts.

Artefacts, of course, have powerful properties to them.

The encounter for claiming hold of those rare and unique artefacts should be a king of the hill style encounter. Because many exiles and former masters are after them and their power.

[1] Perandus Family.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Before POE2 - Zana Themed League, to close out Zana's Storyline:

Now that we know from CoftA Expansion (Kirac & Zana dialogue to find the Conquerors position on the Atlas) what knowledge and abilities Zana has with the help of Kirac, let Zana team up with Alva: Zana will ask Alva to help her prevent the Templars from recruiting her father, ever inventing the map device.

Which goes horribly wrong. Opening up the gates to hell. Which exiles have to traverse to redeem themselves (very lore fitting).[2]

[2] If you go through my forum history, I did outline such a league "Underworld" in a posting, making references to China and Nordic culture lore.
Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on May 13, 2020, 6:55:00 PM
Bring back synthesis!
LESS LAG!
lets see that Tsoatha, shall we? And what really lies in Sin's master plan. And those other gods and mighthy beeings, who slept deep within the beast, now silent and unseen. Delirium dude can't be the only one...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info