Integrating League Stories into Existing Lore

I Love Talisman League!
The truth is that the lore in PoE is a mess. This is understandable because there was no complete lore from the beginning. Every league adds something that GGG hadn't thought of before and sometimes it can't fit properly.

I hope in PoE 2 GGG thinks of some greater lore and integrates it from the beginning so that when specifics are added later on they don't feel like separate stories.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
about talisman, you could make einhar exchange 5 talisman for 1 of the tier above
I freaking love how committed you are to keeping the story so good. PoE has been a favorite for me for a long time. Seeing your desire to keep it so well done is fantastic. Almost feels like a lost art in games now.

Thanks for being so brilliant :D

Bring on PoE2!!
want to be friendlier to new players?? stop making zoom-zzom leagues based on streamer gameplay.. tons of ppl quit the game after 1 league cus its too much to learn.. and in top of that theres a league-based mechanic that you need to learn and perform in few seconds to not get killed, thats not too friendly to new players
Oh yes, please bring back Synthesis!

1. It has the most beautiful artdirection of all of PoE!
2. The nexus offered the best endgame besides maps and delve (a perfect trinity)
3. The synthesizing of items was the most motivating longterm-goal the game has ever had (obivously needs to be streamlined and balanced).

I loved this league so much and not because I made 700 mirrors (I did not), but because I spent my whole currency that league to successfully craft one pair of onslaught sorcerer boots. Those boots are my favourite item to this day, because I grinded a whole league for them and am fucking proud of them!
I also loved how I could run some memories when my sulphite was gone and mapping felt a bit stale and I loved how those looked!

Best league ever that was killed by poor implementation and the following shitstorm :(

I so wish you would bring it back!

Edit: out of curiousity I counted the number of people in this thread, who want synthesis back: 28 people!
only 2 speaking out against it while accknowledging that the lore was awesome..
we are not in the minority anymore it seems! Yaay! :D
Last edited by FluffyFractalshard on May 13, 2020, 12:54:32 PM
I would kill for more quality time spent with Izaro. He's the most interesting character going. Preferably in Synthesis!
Still think that 2 skill points after the whole journey is not worth to bother with lore and killing kitava :D

It be nice to be powerfull like our enemies in endgame one time before Path of exile 2.

Ps: Oddly i miss synthesis..
I'm most excited to see NPCs actually acknowledge the events of the past. How people can just go about their daily lives while these Breach, Beyond, Harbinger, Abyss, and Blight mechanics are happening around them has always thrown me off a little.

Lore-wise, I want to know more about the Breach/Beyond creatures (or at least have someone, somewhere, acknowledge their existence) and I want to meet an even-more-crotchety old Cassia who talks about this one time she met an "acceptably" talented person and cleansed the world of Blight with them.

I know PoE is not an MMORPG but PoE 2 is a chance to enshrine our collective Exile into the history of the world and to feel like we actually made an impact.
Maybe put in the old masters (including Catarina) and their quests in the first 4 acts, so they can actually betray us. Their missions were quick, and wouldn't affect the pace that much.

In my opinion, Elder and Shaper made far better adversaries lore-wise, than the conquerors. Conquerors are just underwhelming as characters, especially after the Shaper, Darth Vader of poe. Would be nice, if the Elder/Shaper were never defeated really, just sent away, and will be coming back, just like the conquerors are stuck in the atlas. Conqueror dialogue already acknowledges that we hunt and kill them many times. Elder returning and Shaper always lurking around would also make excellent reason to be entering the atlas after Sirus was defeated, they could have their own influence over a region, like the conquerors or keep their old mechanics and create overlapping influence with the conquerors.

Also, is the "Goddess" of Justice a tormented spirit possessing Izaro's corpse? She cannot really be a god, since she can be seen before killing Malachai. And how does Navali get her visions? She is also encountered before the end of act 4, so Hinekora is either asleep or gone. Cadiro also references the god of prosperity, i don't really remember much about that, perandus league was a long time ago, but there was something about Prospero (was that his name?) allowing Cadiro to survive the Cataclysm and, not sure if this was also why he can live so long.

The Beast was said to be the source of all thaumaturgy, does that mean that there can be no new gems? They are supposed to be "phantasms in crystalline form", the Beast also sucked in souls of the fallen to the mountain (Witch dialogue states that there are many spirits trapped within the mountain), where the gems were mined. This seems to implicate that the lost spirits are transformed into gems. Is there another entity that can do similar things and create new gems? Would it be possible to remove Malachai from the core, and free the Beast of him, without killing it? Could the dark ember grow into a new Beast?

Is Breach the reverse Beyond? I seem to recall reading something like that during the breach league. If so, is there a chance we could ever encounter Bameth or Abaxoth in their domains?
Last edited by lobsterphobia on May 13, 2020, 2:37:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info