Winners of the Screenshot Competition

Clearly 3 of the top 5 are photoshopped. Why would you reward people that didn't follow your rules for submissions?
"
Clearly 3 of the top 5 are photoshopped. Why would you reward people that didn't follow your rules for submissions?

Derrok's one doesn't look photoshopped tho? it's just wide aspect ratio
Did you know kiwi (kiwifruit) are actually berries, and it is a national fruit of China? Also, their name is a big marketing ploy by a major exporter, New Zealand.
Delve fractured wall guide: view-thread/2204851
Legion Emblem Carry thread: view-thread/2598853
"
Hilranger wrote:
maybe next time require the game bar in the image?

This is, in my opinion, the difference between a "screenshot" and "wallpaper"
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that the cyclone witch one was definitely not top 5. Very disappointed in this decision.
"
DiscoMonkeyy wrote:
MTX = WIN LULW

Some from 21-50 should be placed higher and some dont even deserve top50. Perfect example: Just look at 4th.

"
10011001 wrote:

...and that cyclone had at least 5 effects going on at the same time, timed down to milliseconds...

Let me equip a bunch of mtx and spin and spam the screenshot button. Oh look, screenshot #511 looks perfect. And it ended up in top5. Totally deserving :).

So glad I didnt bother joining this, knowing that there was this chance my screenshot might have been placed lower than screenshots that are just terrible and I would just be salty, just look at this thread with people posting their screenshots and asking why they didnt win. And of course, some of them DESERVE top50.

totally agree that 50 spots just wasnt enough.

100% agree shouldn't even made top 50.
I think the issue comes mostly with there only being 50 pictures selected as winners, it is not so much that it made it to top 5, maybe the issue wouldn't even come up if the prizes were equal amongst the top 50, the issue is that with different prizes, you expect a different quality from the different prize brackets but right now it feels like the pictures in top 50 were judged primarily on first impressions or what GGG deems to represent the game the best in their eyes.

What I would like to know is what parameters were used in order to judge the pictures, what were they looking for specifically
"
steelsoldier wrote:
I think the issue comes mostly with there only being 50 pictures selected as winners, it is not so much that it made it to top 5, maybe the issue wouldn't even come up if the prizes were equal amongst the top 50, the issue is that with different prizes, you expect a different quality from the different prize brackets but right now it feels like the pictures in top 50 were judged primarily on first impressions or what GGG deems to represent the game the best in their eyes.

What I would like to know is what parameters were used in order to judge the pictures, what were they looking for specifically

Events like this are primarily MTX showcases.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
I personally love the cyclone image. If you saw that exact position and effects in a painting you'd say 'oh that's an awesome art piece.' Everyone here is using someone else's art to create their own image. It's about the moment and the drama. You see it as mundane because PoE is always amazing visually, but as a moment that represents exactly what PoE is about I think it's perfect. I might even draw it later.

Art and imagery is subjective. No, I wouldn't have chosen some of the winners, but others would have and thought the ones I like are bad. People forget that their opinions aren't right just because they're loud, and they become less right the more abusive and accusatory they get. You can have a point but the moment you cross the line you've lost any right to have it considered.
"
evanesce wrote:
I personally love the cyclone image.

Did you also see the hidden boy in the image? You can't unsee him once you do.

No Photoshop was used at all, just cropped out the sides with MS Paint.

POE is already an amazing game with fantastic graphics, I just tried to capture the work of the makers, and maxed all the game graphics settings (such as global illumination, ultra instead of high), and humanized the scene by removing the nice helmet.
Last edited by 10011001 on May 10, 2020, 7:11:49 PM
nice!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info