Anyone reading books?

More listening actually. Right now i refresh Witcher abudio vbersion (with actors, ambient sounds and mucsic). Next one is Gulag Archipelago.
I remember I used to read books from the series of "cant remember but it was in words of:

"world best collection" or "best world collection".. but I am certain it had 4 words maybe even 5.

Cant find that book list, but it had real gems. It was in 90'

Anyone can recall something along these lines?
I swear if they make some maven "Simon says" insta-death minigame, sirus, exarch ball minigame then i wont play poe2.
"
webas wrote:
I remember I used to read books from the series of "cant remember but it was in words of:

"world best collection" or "best world collection".. but I am certain it had 4 words maybe even 5.

This?
https://www.gohd.com.sg/shop/the-oxford-library-of-the-worlds-great-books-50-vols/
"
webas wrote:

I don't know about that one but if you want a good sci-fi collection, look up the Sci-fi Masterworks.
"Yuval Noah Harari - Homo Deus - A Brief History of Tomorrow" audiobook.

Its interesting and man can learn something new.

Do not know if its free on internet though, it was gift to me.

I am reading now: "The E-myth Revisited" by Michael E. Gerber.
Last edited by Rexeos on Apr 21, 2020, 8:15:26 AM
"
Rexeos wrote:
"Yuval Noah Harari - Homo Deus - A Brief History of Tomorrow" audiobook.

Its interesting and man can learn something new.

Do not know if its free on internet though, it was gift to me.

That book is dissapointing for someone who invested some time and attention in some things he desrcibes in that book and turns out he presents very shallow understanding of many subjects. Bad book. Not worth the time.
I don't. I have to read dozens of articles every day. The concept of reading during my free time makes me want to puke.
I get hooked on authors/series like recently been reading a lot of John Irving..Avenue of Mysteries..a prayer for Owen. Before that read a lot of Tom Clancy. Before that tolkin. It's like netflix binge series but better.
Git R Dun!
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I don't. I have to read dozens of articles every day. The concept of reading during my free time makes me want to puke.

...it's how I fall asleep. Internet is like one link to the next forever...and news OMG it's designed to stir anger emotions. A story is relaxing usually and paced for a few nights of dropping book while you snooze.
Git R Dun!
"
de99ial wrote:
"
webas wrote:

This?
https://www.gohd.com.sg/shop/the-oxford-library-of-the-worlds-great-books-50-vols/

Nope.. it was series of probably 200-300books of sci-fi mostly.

It might been few horror, thriller or detective books but I havent noticed it.

Too bad I dont recall the titles as if by a spell :) But whenever I browse a book i recall, it has so many different book covers its ridicilous.
I swear if they make some maven "Simon says" insta-death minigame, sirus, exarch ball minigame then i wont play poe2.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info