Underrated horror movies?

Shameless attempt for suggestions as I've watched pretty much all fee on Netflix and Amazon during this ridiculous lock-down. Ready to pay up for some.

I'll start. A 2002 British B film called Long Time Dead. Clever movie about kids who summon a Djinn after playing a home made ouija board.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 12, 2020, 7:26:50 PM
Last bumped on May 19, 2020, 11:01:40 AM
If you like a chuckle with your jumpscare, try:

Young Frankenstein, 1974, a sendup of Hammer Studios horror classics Frankenstein's Monster and Bride of Frankenstein.

My Friend Frankenstein, 1975, a Turkish cult-studio spin on the classic and on Mel Brooks' YF, it's got its own wacky off-the-rails-at-Transylvania-Station subplot and is worth a watch.

Love At First Bite, 1979, a seventies look at Dracula + future schlock. It hasn't aged as well but if you were alive during the seventies, you might get a chuckle more than the person who only picked up the zeitgeist secondhand.

What We Do In the Shadows, 2014, the must-watch movie for modern-day vampires who take themselves way too seriously.

Wild Zero, 1999. Japanese noise-rock all-stars Guitarwolf roll up their sleeveless sleeves and wade in to the Tokyo zombocalypse to save the day. Zombie love!

Shaun of the Dead, 2004. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Edgar Wright's version of the standard mixed drink we know as the Zombie.

Honourable mention:

The Addams Family MOvie and Addams Family Values; any horror flick with Tim Conway and/or Don Knotts; Ghostbusters (original); and any of the Scary Movie franchise, although you're likely to have seen them and they're not of the same EV calibre as the above.

You may also see suggestions for Evil Dead, Army of Darkness, etc. I'm assuming you've either already seen them or know of them. Now is *looks outside* a great time to shop smart. Shop S-Mart!

[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Thank you sir that's one heck of a list and good ones. I have watched about half your list. Army of darkness series was indeed hilarious. "boom stick" I'll check the rest out.

I like more shock you to the bone than Jump Scares/comedy.

Trilogy of terror, Jeepers creepers, American gothic, etc.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 12, 2020, 8:02:13 PM
To add some more to the list.
100 Feet ,Haunted Hill (the first movie).
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Dead Snow

Much better than I was expecting, but I seem to remember being half-drunk at the time. It's a comedy/horror movie, about undead Nazis in Norway.

For a more serious horror movie, The Descent (International Ending!) if you haven't seen it is my favorite semi-recent horror movie. Just for the love of all that is unholy don't watch the sequel.
Last edited by Gravedancer on Apr 13, 2020, 5:55:16 AM
"
Gravedancer wrote:
Dead Snow

Much better than I was expecting, but I seem to remember being half-drunk at the time. It's a comedy/horror movie, about undead Nazis in Norway.

Dead Snow
https://youtu.be/PrAHR1ykM6c

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
The Midnight Meat Train, Splinter, Bug, The Void, Cube, The Cabin in the Woods, The Green Inferno, Ravenous
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
1922 Nosferatu. Amazing stuff imho.

Fright Night. More campy.
Bruce Campbell, anything horror with him in it
Grace Jones in VAMP, awesome and campy.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Apr 13, 2020, 12:47:02 PM
Brain Dead
It has so much horror that it falls into comedy as well.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099173/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info