[3.10] neoCrown's Assassin Bow CoC VD [All content cleared][Deathless Simulacrums/U-Elder/Sirus]

"
RNHell wrote:

1. Is that worth crafting on and if so what would be the way to go with it?

2. For the small cluster jewels Is the 3 passives better than 2, assume if we get good attributes/resist they make more sense?

I have a Ice shot build and trying this out for doing more consistent Sirius 8 (because im bad and die sometimes xD) and so far it seems pretty fun! Will probably look at crafting a few things, and would appreciate some pointers on gear priority. I have all the base items, probably buying a circle ring next if the bow is good to go.

1. If you have some currency, then I would certainly try to craft on that bow as it has the perfect setup for slamming some exalted orbs. It currently has one prefix and 2 suffixes, with an open suffix to craft 'Cannot roll attack mods'.

Based on this website, https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Bow, the mod pool if you slam twice for the prefixes are:

+1 to level of socketed gems
Damage penetrates elemental resistances
Chance to gain frenzy charge on kill
Gain %phys damage as extra cold damage

So there is 1/2 chance of landing something good, although the weighting might affect the chances.

You can craft attack speed or chance to deal double damage to finish it off.
If you craft attack speed, make sure one of the notables on your crit cluster jewel is Pressure Points so you have a source of double damage elsewhere.

2. Yes, if your build meets the resistance and attribute requirements, there is no issue with running a 2 passive small cluster jewel. Very flexible. The reason I have it as a 3 passive is for the chaos res and attributes because I am speccing in and out of Divine Flesh and testing out different amulets with the +1 dex and +1 fire gem mods.

3. That's good to hear! Glad you are having fun. I played an Iceshot Voidfletcher build a few leagues ago and was cruising through content as well. I think the price of the 2 damage mod Circle of Anguish rings have dropped (browsing the market and some are selling for 4ex at the moment). I got mine for 6 exalts a few weeks ago if I remember correctly.

Good luck with the build.
"
neoCrown wrote:
"
RNHell wrote:

1. Is that worth crafting on and if so what would be the way to go with it?

2. For the small cluster jewels Is the 3 passives better than 2, assume if we get good attributes/resist they make more sense?

I have a Ice shot build and trying this out for doing more consistent Sirius 8 (because im bad and die sometimes xD) and so far it seems pretty fun! Will probably look at crafting a few things, and would appreciate some pointers on gear priority. I have all the base items, probably buying a circle ring next if the bow is good to go.

1. If you have some currency, then I would certainly try to craft on that bow as it has the perfect setup for slamming some exalted orbs. It currently has one prefix and 2 suffixes, with an open suffix to craft 'Cannot roll attack mods'.

Based on this website, https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Bow, the mod pool if you slam twice for the prefixes are:

+1 to level of socketed gems
Damage penetrates elemental resistances
Chance to gain frenzy charge on kill
Gain %phys damage as extra cold damage

So there is 1/2 chance of landing something good, although the weighting might affect the chances.

You can craft attack speed or chance to deal double damage to finish it off.
If you craft attack speed, make sure one of the notables on your crit cluster jewel is Pressure Points so you have a source of double damage elsewhere.

2. Yes, if your build meets the resistance and attribute requirements, there is no issue with running a 2 passive small cluster jewel. Very flexible. The reason I have it as a 3 passive is for the chaos res and attributes because I am speccing in and out of Divine Flesh and testing out different amulets with the +1 dex and +1 fire gem mods.

3. That's good to hear! Glad you are having fun. I played an Iceshot Voidfletcher build a few leagues ago and was cruising through content as well. I think the price of the 2 damage mod Circle of Anguish rings have dropped (browsing the market and some are selling for 4ex at the moment). I got mine for 6 exalts a few weeks ago if I remember correctly.

Good luck with the build.

Thanks! It worked out pretty nicely

50/50 odds it seems. But I have a bow at least so I'm happy for now. Going to try and get the rest of things. Currency isnt a huge deal atm, since my Iceshot character can go farm almost anything pretty easily (Minus my meh play on sirius). I was saving up for a HH, but I rather have a sirius farmer, and possibly just full time change of pace depending on how it feels, which so far so good!

The bow I had lying around and thought maybe I would do some CoC shennanigans with it later when saw the guide and wanted to give it a shot, i havent played with VD since poets pen was still a thing. I didnt want to do another spin it to win it cospris since I tried that last league. I was thinking something with lightning, but VD works great.

For the ring, trying to get a decent one around 4-5ex range so not too much of a hurry. I gave myself a 10ex budget to get this going, and probably going to expand that to 20.
when should I respec for bow?
Is this bow good enough?
is this bow good enought to try a 6L or should i buy one already linked have +- 5ex on bank now

I was using Barrage Support and not Barrage haha.

Thanks for the help
Last edited by DJS88 on Apr 15, 2020, 1:56:42 AM
"
DJS88 wrote:
I was using Barrage Support and not Barrage haha.

Thanks for the help

I was just about to comment this (Barrage Support) and Resolute Technique being the 2 other most common issues and you managed to resolve it on your own. Good work! I'll put in in the guide somewhere about common mistakes/errors so people can troubleshoot issues with the build.
"
gokudin wrote:
when should I respec for bow?

I would say around level 70 is when things start ramping into endgame gearing because you can finally equip some of the required uniques (Kaom's Heart at level 68, etc).

I respecced into the bow loadout at level 80+ after I had most of the crit nodes in the tree (power charges, critical strike chance for spells, and the crit cluster jewels).
"
gokudin wrote:
is this bow good enought to try a 6L or should i buy one already linked have +- 5ex on bank now

Yup, that bow is good as it meets the crit and attack speed criteria. The onslaught mod is a nice addition so your mapping will feel faster.

I would consider going for an upgrade with a similar bow but with 1 or 2 damage mods (attack speed/double damage, +1 all socketed gems, damage penetrates resistances) after you level up to 90+.

There were a few yesterday selling for 4-8 ex.

Overall, your current bow will enable you to farm Simulacrum/Sirus/Conquerors without any issues.
"
UndrcvrKiller wrote:
Is this bow good enough?

That bow is insane! Initially what I was going for in my bow crafting video.

You can definitely go for the Empower 4 setup with that bow but make sure you have a source of double damage somewhere in the tree/gear. Easiest to get would be through the crit cluster notable called Pressure Points.

Since we produce so many VD balls, each has a chance to proc double damage so they end up going from 500k to 1 million per ball.

Gratz on the bow!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info