[3.10] neoCrown's Assassin Bow CoC VD [All content cleared][Deathless Simulacrums/U-Elder/Sirus]

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't seem to trigger volatile dead - I'm using a 6 Link bow with CoC as in your guide, do they have to be linked in a certain order?
"

Current gear atm and still improving thing here and there :D

Very nice enchant on the helmet. The tailwind boots are sweet man and you got that freeze immunity. How much health do you have with that current setup and 2 Circle of Anguish rings? You must be doing a truckload of damage, jeez.
"
DJS88 wrote:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't seem to trigger volatile dead - I'm using a 6 Link bow with CoC as in your guide, do they have to be linked in a certain order?

No worries, that's what this forum is for.

Can't look at your gear at the moment but a few possible reasons:

Volatile Dead requires a corpse to trigger so you need something to generate corpses. In this build, we utilise the unique helmet Asenath's Chant as it will trigger the spells socketed in it every time we attack with the bow. Make sure the spell Desecrate is the first gem (top left I believe) in the helmet and linked to Spell Cascade Support.

Second reason is you might not have enough critical strike chance. You need a decent amount of crit chance to ensure that you trigger your spells as it goes off based on whether you crit or not. I would say start using the setup after you have at least 90% crit chance in Path of building with flasks up. Make sure your Precision gem is a high level and your Cast on Critical Strike Gem if you are using it is at 20% quality.

Third reason is you might not have enough accuracy so you are missing your hits against enemies. Make sure you have at least 90% chance to hit with your Barrage in the tooltip. Again, this could be due to a low level Precision.

If crit is the cause, I recommend grabbing a random 6 link bow with minimum 7.00 base crit chance. You will see drastic improvement as you get more crit chance and more accuracy.

If none of this is a possible cause, link me your setup and I will have a look and see what the issues are.
Last edited by neoCrown on Apr 14, 2020, 3:27:35 PM
"
Dethe2 wrote:
"
ysocalm wrote:
"
Dethe2 wrote:
Rerolled to your build today - its pretty big damage

Heres my stuff:

what about the idea to run circle of anguish with firedmg/reduced mana res. and additionally run flesh and stone (or aspect of the spooder) which grants crazy tankiness?

that is a nice bow sir, did you self craft ?

luckily i sniped the "base item" (already had coc, pen and crit) for only 5 exalts multimodded and done :)

Also how the hell do you guys got the large cluster jewel, theres only one on poetrade rn

yeah when i bought it there was only 1 paid 2ex for it XD, you can also try buy one and maybe slam it ? atm trying to craft one of those bows but not going well xD
Last edited by ysocalm on Apr 14, 2020, 3:29:00 PM
"
neoCrown wrote:
"
DJS88 wrote:

No worries, that's what this forum is for.

Can't look at your gear at the moment but a few possible reasons:

Volatile Dead requires a corpse to trigger so you need something to generate corpses. In this build, we utilise the unique helmet Asenath's Chant as it will trigger the spells socketed in it every time we attack with the bow. Make sure the spell Desecrate is the first gem (top left I believe) in the helmet and linked to Spell Cascade Support.

Second reason is you might not have enough critical strike chance. You need a decent amount of crit chance to ensure that you trigger your spells as it goes off based on whether you crit or not. I would say start using the setup after you have at least 90% crit chance in Path of building with flasks up. Make sure your Precision gem is a high level and your Cast on Critical Strike Gem if you are using it is at 20% quality.

Third reason is you might not have enough accuracy so you are missing your hits against enemies. Make sure you have at least 90% chance to hit with your Barrage in the tooltip. Again, this could be due to a low level Precision.

If crit is the cause, I recommend grabbing a random 6 link bow with minimum 7.00 base crit chance. You will see drastic improvement as you get more crit chance and more accuracy.

If none of this is a possible cause, link me your setup and I will have a look and see what the issues are.

I did just pick the precision and CoC from stash and you're right - they're low level. I'll buy some high level ones when I'm next in. Also I really appreciate your comprehensive responses - great guide!
"
neoCrown wrote:
"

Current gear atm and still improving thing here and there :D

Very nice enchant on the helmet. The tailwind boots are sweet man and you got that freeze immunity. How much health do you have with that current setup and 2 Circle of Anguish rings? You must be doing a truckload of damage, jeez.

At moment i have 6500hp, but i can improve to near 7200 hp (2 points instead of Alira, and allocating Constitution) if i want go more tanky.
Last edited by AvatarVA on Apr 14, 2020, 4:45:34 PM

1. Is that worth crafting on and if so what would be the way to go with it?

2. For the small cluster jewels Is the 3 passives better than 2, assume if we get good attributes/resist they make more sense?

I have a Ice shot build and trying this out for doing more consistent Sirius 8 (because im bad and die sometimes xD) and so far it seems pretty fun! Will probably look at crafting a few things, and would appreciate some pointers on gear priority. I have all the base items, probably buying a circle ring next if the bow is good to go.

Last edited by RNHell on Apr 14, 2020, 5:13:16 PM
I'd like to ask 2 related questions

"

Cremator is important as one of the most common things that kill us is the Porcupine spikes that gets released when they die. Cremator can circumvent this at the cost of reducing the effectiveness of our Cinderswallow Urn due to not consuming any ignited corpses to regain charges. This is a decent tradeoff.

If the bodies are destroyed by Cremator, doesn't this mean we don't get to cast Volatile Dead? No corpse => no VD => no damage. Unless I miss something

Amulet: is an amulet with +1 level to all fire skill gems & +1 level to all dex gems be worth trying it out? That would take VD to lvl 23 and it seems to scale quite well (without empower)
"
Cry0nicS wrote:

"

Cremator is important as one of the most common things that kill us is the Porcupine spikes that gets released when they die. Cremator can circumvent this at the cost of reducing the effectiveness of our Cinderswallow Urn due to not consuming any ignited corpses to regain charges. This is a decent tradeoff.

If the bodies are destroyed by Cremator, doesn't this mean we don't get to cast Volatile Dead? No corpse => no VD => no damage. Unless I miss something

Amulet: is an amulet with +1 level to all fire skill gems & +1 level to all dex gems be worth trying it out? That would take VD to lvl 23 and it seems to scale quite well (without empower)

Helmet casts desecrate so you have corpses. Ignite will only consume the ones you kill, so you are still good with the desecrate ones :)

Not sure on the empower though. Might want to POB what it means to lose avatar of fire.
"
Cry0nicS wrote:

"

Exactly as @Cry0nicS mentioned. We produce more corpses than we consume so there are no issues with VD turnover.

Regarding the +2 gem VD setup with the Hunter/Warlord influence amulet, I have tried it out with a few (crafted some with a few Awakener's orbs but not perfect amulet crafts). In POB with my setup, I would only transition to the empower version if I have a +1 to all socketed gem mod on my bow and a well-crafted amulet as we will sacrifice some life for a roughly 20% boost in damage. However, this is dependent on individual setups. If you can balance resists, strength attributes, and decent life values then the Lvl 23 VD would be worth running.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info