[3.10] neoCrown's Assassin Bow CoC VD [All content cleared][Deathless Simulacrums/U-Elder/Sirus]

"
AcrusBlack wrote:
Hello,
thank you for this guide. I've never played bow and this seems like a very interesting build :D

I'm currently looking into migrating my Poison BV Assassin into Bow CoC. Gathered some (essential) gear and now doing some checking in POB.

I've managed to get 204k per ball (if I understand correctly).

My questions are:
- What kind of updates/upgrades would you recommend to increase damage?
- How much damage per ball should I have to clear end-content? I'm trying to calculate everything on POB before respecing, so that I'm sure that after respec I will be able to play decently :D
- Maybe my Asenath's Gentle Touch gloves can be useful for this build?

Some of my gear is cheap/off-topic (rings/quiver/non-cluster jewels), because I'm not sure on stats/what to buy (I'm kind of a new/casual player), so gathered what I had similar in stash.

I'm on budget, so some items (like your's WE - 22ex on market) are out of reach.

My POB: https://pastebin.com/ntsEcQQ7

My current gear (Thread of Hope not shown, gloves without Pierce)
Spoiler

I understand you are transitioning so it might be a difficult process. Happy to help where I can (Crafting frenzy on crit mod for quiver, etc).

Perhaps crafting attack speed or double damage would be preferred on your bow since it already has a high crit chance. If you are sticking with the high crit, you can actually use one medium curse cluster jewel with Evil Eye and Master of Fear and one crit medium cluster jewel. This would give you a lot more damage than the 2 crit medium cluster jewel setup.

I have had similar questions regarding the Watcher's Eye. A cheap alternative would be to grab a Kaom's Heart corruption with the %Increased Damage implicit and a one damage mod Watcher's Eye. This would output similar damage. Otherwise, grabbing the jewels with the Damage penetrates fire resistance implicit would do wonders as well when you stack it up as some of these go for quite cheap.

204k per ball is plenty of damage already. Remember to have a source of double damage somewhere in your build. Good luck with the build.
Hey great guide just re-rolled this char and having a blast. What should I upgrade next have about 15ex so the watchers eye is too pricey.

Nice build. I have try ,dps is nice but defense are too low. I'm lvl 100 this league but with gladiator... Just sounds too low defense for me
Last edited by VitorBelfort on May 2, 2020, 4:21:10 PM
Hello !

Awesome build except for the defense, which need to be aware ; pretty fun but can be frustrating sometimes !

I have this bow, can you tell me how can I improve it ?
I've started PoE this league so I'm pretty new about crafting and I don't want to break my weapon... Thanks for your help !

"
Swickz wrote:
Hello !

Awesome build except for the defense, which need to be aware ; pretty fun but can be frustrating sometimes !

I've started PoE this league so I'm pretty new about crafting and I don't want to break my weapon... Thanks for your help !

There is no way to improve that bow but to scour and start over. unless you want to try your luck with annuling the phys damage and ele damage with attack skills.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on May 2, 2020, 8:41:20 PM
"
"
Swickz wrote:
Hello !

There is no way to improve that bow but to scour and start over. unless you want to try your luck with annuling the phys damage and ele damage with attack skills.

Damn, I though it was a decent one... I will try to find a new bow then, thanks for your help !
Last edited by Swickz on May 2, 2020, 9:34:20 PM
"
neoCrown wrote:
"
Mindfvck wrote:
Hey,

first of all, great guide. Really have been enjoying myself.
Just yolo spammed something and got this. Unsure if I should meta craft on it to sell.

Also my gear since everybody seems to show it.

Steamrolling all content up to juiced up t16 deliriums. Anyone got any improvement suggestions that Im not seeing tho?

Try testing whether your current crit chance is reliable since on first glance, your bow has a low base crit at 5.00%. I'm sure with all buffs up, it'll be really high but making it guaranteed 100% would be ideal since not critting would be bad for the build. Otherwise, your build is solid. Focus on grabbing a nice enchant for your helmet and farm away.

If you need the tier 1 frenzy on crit quiver craft, let me know and can help you with that.

Thanks for the quick response.
The crit chance feels smooth enough and should be enough on paper. I get a lot of crit from my cluster jewels, almost hitting 96%. The thing that is kinda icky right now would just be more raw damage. Im only about 350k.
Also thanks for the offer, already got that covered. Never actually noticed that its the t2 craft.
@Neocrown
First of all, I would really like to thank you for this fun build, I respecced my league starter into it and never looked back. It can be quite squishy, especially if you do not pay attention but I managed to do deathless simulacrum with double boss on wave 19 so it cannot be that bad. I am considering making this toon next league as my main and try to really min/max it and see what it can do.

I am the guy you spoke about timeless jewels few days ago in the game, I found okey-ish one so would like to contribute to your data base.

2227 Xibaqua over Mind over Matter, the below are over the usual points as per the build.

Gives the following:

4% Attack speed
8% Increased area Damage
9% Increased attack Damage
1% Chance to block spell damage
4% Increased area of effect

Ritual of Flesh
7% Increased Maximum life
regeneral 1.03% of life per second

Might of the Vaal
9% Fire resistance
11% increased projectile Damage
3% chance to Freeze
1% chance to Block Attack Damage.

Now I know this one is far from perfect, but definitely a good start if someone wants to put the effort into slotting timeless jewel. This is replacing rather great jewel with 12strength/18% critical strike Multiplier with Fire Skills/7% Increaded Maximum life/ 4% Increased attack speed and I notice about 7% damage reduction and -70hp, which I think it's worth sacrificing to gain extra tankiness. I am slowly divining 3 other jewels, if I come up with something better I will post up.

Edit:

And just got a really nice one.

3575 Xibaqua at Mana over Matter

11% Increased armour
4% Increased Maximum Life
3% Increased Maximum Life
MInions deal 8% increased Damage
7% Physical Damage

Flesh Worship
6% Increased maximum Life
0.4% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life

Thaumaturgical Aptitude
31% Increased Spell Damage
47% Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells

Few dead nodes but that's still 110+ hp over the mentioned before jewel and on par as far as Volatile Dead damage goes.

Last edited by Paulst1ck on May 3, 2020, 4:48:37 PM
Hello, I've been playing the Low Life version of this build and I'm considering switching to the life-based version since the LL version seems to have issues with survivability (one-shots at 7.5k ES and I'm stuck unless I overhaul my gear). Would you say the life-based version has more survivability?
"
Paulst1ck wrote:
@Neocrown
First of all, I would really like to thank you for this fun build, I respecced my league starter into it and never looked back. It can be quite squishy, especially if you do not pay attention but I managed to do deathless simulacrum with double boss on wave 19 so it cannot be that bad. I am considering making this toon next league as my main and try to really min/max it and see what it can do.

I am the guy you spoke about timeless jewels few days ago in the game, I found okey-ish one so would like to contribute to your data base.

2227 Xibaqua over Mind over Matter, the below are over the usual points as per the build.

Gives the following:

4% Attack speed
8% Increased area Damage
9% Increased attack Damage
1% Chance to block spell damage
4% Increased area of effect

Ritual of Flesh
7% Increased Maximum life
regeneral 1.03% of life per second

Might of the Vaal
9% Fire resistance
11% increased projectile Damage
3% chance to Freeze
1% chance to Block Attack Damage.

Now I know this one is far from perfect, but definitely a good start if someone wants to put the effort into slotting timeless jewel. This is replacing rather great jewel with 12strength/18% critical strike Multiplier with Fire Skills/7% Increaded Maximum life/ 4% Increased attack speed and I notice about 7% damage reduction and -70hp, which I think it's worth sacrificing to gain extra tankiness. I am slowly divining 3 other jewels, if I come up with something better I will post up.

Edit:

And just got a really nice one.

3575 Xibaqua at Mana over Matter

11% Increased armour
4% Increased Maximum Life
3% Increased Maximum Life
MInions deal 8% increased Damage
7% Physical Damage

Flesh Worship
6% Increased maximum Life
0.4% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life

Thaumaturgical Aptitude
31% Increased Spell Damage
47% Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells

Few dead nodes but that's still 110+ hp over the mentioned before jewel and on par as far as Volatile Dead damage goes.

Cheers for the help. I'll put these in and credit you. I must have gone through 50+ variants and only found 1 good one and a marginally okay version.

I've done test runs to see the best way to level this character and obtain the required uniques for league start so that guide will be up soon.

Glad you liked the build. Although it is not an afk build like how the Herald-stackers can be, the clear speed and playstyle can be just as satisfying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info