[3.10] Lone Messenger HOA Fire BV Assassin | Fast&Tanky | Ethereal Knives Version Added!!!

Any good tips for more mana recovery?
"
aaOzymandias wrote:

Unfortunately GGG made sure spell casters have no mana leech. I use a hybrid flask to recover mana.
"
wodeljn wrote:
"
aaOzymandias wrote:

Unfortunately GGG made sure spell casters have no mana leech. I use a hybrid flask to recover mana.

Indeed, it can be a bit bothersome sometimes tbh :P

I did play BV duing the warlordsmark area, and it was a little bit too easy perhaps, but some more utility for leech for casters would be nice, like making the mana leech gem actually work for us as well. At least life leech can be done through cluster jewlwes now, and the fairly abundant elemental leech on jewelry.

Anyways, at least this combo here, with the rings and lone messanger and Avatar of Fire makes BV such a joy to play again! Got some new rings yesterday:

And a Vaal BV (makes Delerium clearing even better). All I am missing now is a great shield/dagger for my offhand :)
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Apr 19, 2020, 6:18:03 AM
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
"
wodeljn wrote:
"
aaOzymandias wrote:

Indeed, it can be a bit bothersome sometimes tbh :P

I did play BV duing the warlordsmark area, and it was a little bit too easy perhaps, but some more utility for leech for casters would be nice, like making the mana leech gem actually work for us as well. At least life leech can be done through cluster jewlwes now, and the fairly abundant elemental leech on jewelry.

Ah, the warlordmarks and winter orb era. It is strange nowadays spell casters have to suck on mana flasks to get mana. I guess the other buffs to spell casters do overcome this nerf.

Nonetheless, nice gears!
Hi.
I don't like BV.
I will try this build on EK.
It can be interesting...
Any suggestions?
Regards
"
sqter0 wrote:
Hi.
I don't like BV.
I will try this build on EK.
It can be interesting...
Any suggestions?
Regards

It'll work. Gem link : EK-Inspriation-Spell Echo-Ele Focus-Controlled Destruction-Fire Pen/Energy leech
Ethereal Knives version added
Any good tips for proccing more Wave of Conviction automatically? Perhaps with totems?

I tweaked my build to use Command of the pit with curse built in, so that arcane surge and temp chains is always there, but this frees up gem slots. Any good ideas? Perhaps making Armageddon brand stronger and proc better?

My gems as you can see under is not optimal anymore, I can use a 4L for just brand and combustion, or any other good ways to proc combustion? Maybe ingite prolif?

Spoiler

And a friendly tip, link the herald with an enhance for even more damage! 10% more or so :) reserves a little bit more mana, but not too much!
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Apr 22, 2020, 7:59:29 AM
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
Any good tips for proccing more Wave of Conviction automatically? Perhaps with totems?

I tweaked my build to use Command of the pit with curse built in, so that arcane surge and temp chains is always there, but this frees up gem slots. Any good ideas? Perhaps making Armageddon brand stronger and proc better?

My gems as you can see under is not optimal anymore, I can use a 4L for just brand and combustion, or any other good ways to proc combustion? Maybe ingite prolif?

Spoiler

And a friendly tip, link the herald with an enhance for even more damage! 10% more or so :) reserves a little bit more mana, but not too much!

So I dual wield dagger, and on the rare dagger you can craft trigger socket spell and put WOC in there. If you use a shield, auto proc WOC is difficult. You already linked WOC with CWDT set up but it is not gonna be 100% proc rate.

One set up that may be good is: A fire channeling skill + Cast while Channeling + WOC + Combustion/Infused Channeling. Since BV with unleash doesn't need much casting, the Cast while channeling set up will make sure you get WOC, Combustion and Infusion active when bossing. Then on your brand, do something like Arm Brand + combustion + onslaught + culling strike. Drop one on bosses and it lasts forever.

Thanks for the tip! However, because it is not a more damage modifier, just increased damage modifier, it provides little DPS boost.
Last edited by wodeljn on Apr 22, 2020, 10:47:23 AM
"
wodeljn wrote:
"
aaOzymandias wrote:

Spoiler

So I dual wield dagger, and on the rare dagger you can craft trigger socket spell and put WOC in there. If you use a shield, auto proc WOC is difficult. You already linked WOC with CWDT set up but it is not gonna be 100% proc rate.

One set up that may be good is: A fire channeling skill + Cast while Channeling + WOC + Combustion/Infused Channeling. Since BV with unleash doesn't need much casting, the Cast while channeling set up will make sure you get WOC, Combustion and Infusion active when bossing. Then on your brand, do something like Arm Brand + combustion + onslaught + culling strike. Drop one on bosses and it lasts forever.

Thanks for the tip! However, because it is not a more damage modifier, just increased damage modifier, it provides little DPS boost.

Yeah, a channeling skill might be a good idea! I am gonna experiment with that. I have been experimenting with Awakened fire penetration over unleash as well, just to test (sine it was super cheap, like 10c), and it performs remarkably well even with low BV stacks. Unleash might be way better with a channeling skill going though!

Hmm, the enhance does give me about 10% more damage in tool tip in game, and 10% in path of building as well. I know the damage itself is not "more" as such, but effectively that seems to be the damage I am getting out of it :) I am not 100% where it comes from, if it is due to it buffing the usual 15% fire damage on the herald to 33% (that gets buffed further wiht the rings and uniqe cluster), or just it being about 18% increased fire damage. Non the less, as long as I get more damage, I am happy :D
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Apr 22, 2020, 11:34:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info