Please give us the option to lower graphics quality.

"
"
thrustpork wrote:
I've noticed the desync and general server lag, and I can say that I also get actual FPS drops from a stressed GPU. I wasn't aware of this quality option though, could you tell me where to find it? I've checked the options on the main menu as well as in-game and I don't see it.

Edit: I see your XBOX icon, it's possibly only an option for you guys, I'm on PS4.

Unless you're running +30% pack size blighted maps, or Beyond Delirium breaches, 90% chance it's from a stressed CPU. And from the number of challenges you have it's really safe to assume you aren't doing anything close to that.

PS4 has an APU, I said GPU just to clarify it is the hardware stressing, not the network in the situations I'm talking about and I'm quite sure we all understood that from what I wrote.

Also guys, this is the feedback forum, and I was just providing feedback, not sure why everyone is being toxic and judging my character or what I do for that matter. I just downloaded PoE on my PS4 about a week before Delirium. I played on PC for a few months surrounding the games release years ago.

Another point, I absolutely get frame rate drops caused by what looks to be hardware stress from some maps and the league mechanic, I also get the typical desync and general network lag that has been around since literally the game came out. I know the difference, I've spent 9+ years in a job revolving around computer hardware and I'm not uneducated on the subject.

Edit: Also, watch how you speak to the number 1 Marauder on the PS4 Delirium SSF ladder.

*drop mic*

*pick it back up and walk away awkwardly*
Last edited by thrustpork on Apr 4, 2020, 9:35:44 AM
"
thrustpork wrote:

*drop mic*

Landed on your foot didn’t it :)

You are quite right the SoC on latest Xbox and PS4 lag internally as well as externally (server de sync etc).
But both systems have wonderful (for the time) GPUs but the CPU part of the SoC sucks (which is why I am excited for the Series X and you will likely feel the same for the ‘PS5’).
Last league we got horrible CPU lag on abilities like Ultimate Chaos on the Shaper fight with minion builds due to the huge number of on screen assets and the calculations that go with them. This league we have highly complex post process fog for Delirium.
You could prove it’s not the GPU side of the APU (as AMD called it) on PS4 by plugging it into a 1080 TV (I believe the PlayStation then renders in 1080) but with lots of assets on screen it will still struggle. (Does on PC as well, even if you drop the resolution).
I have no evidence but have long suspected there is a FPS drop due to some wait state on the frame buffer, as I have seen the same issue show up on dual RTX PC builds.

I am assuming by now that you have checked for the ‘Favour Performance’ option I mentioned and not found it, it’s a shame PS doesn’t have it.

And take no notice of those that judge your PoE performance based on their own arbitrary standards. :)
Last edited by Timbo Zero on Apr 4, 2020, 10:33:35 AM
"
Timbo Zero wrote:
"
thrustpork wrote:

*drop mic*

Landed on your foot didn’t it :)

You are quite right the SoC on latest Xbox and PS4 lag internally as well as externally (server de sync etc).
But both systems have wonderful (for the time) GPUs but the CPU part of the SoC sucks (which is why I am excited for the Series X and you will likely feel the same for the ‘PS5’).
Last league we got horrible CPU lag on abilities like Ultimate Chaos on the Shaper fight with minion builds due to the huge number of on screen assets and the calculations that go with them. This league we have highly complex post process fog for Delirium.
You could prove it’s not the GPU side of the APU (as AMD called it) on PS4 by plugging it into a 1080 TV (I believe the PlayStation then renders in 1080) but with lots of assets on screen it will still struggle. (Does on PC as well, even if you drop the resolution).
I have no evidence but have long suspected there is a FPS drop due to some wait state on the frame buffer, as I have seen the same issue show up on dual RTX PC builds.

I am assuming by now that you have checked for the ‘Favour Performance’ option I mentioned and not found it, it’s a shame PS doesn’t have it.

And take no notice of those that judge your PoE performance based on their own arbitrary standards. :)

Yeah, we don't have that option unfortunately.
I'm on PS4 pro but so far it doesn't show much performance improvement.

Reading on previous replies gives me an idea. You can try changing the resolution of PS4 system. For example, from 1080p to 1080i. It downgrades the resolution quite a bit, but it doesn't feel as laggy as in 1080p. At least now I can dodge explosion in Delirium.

Oddly, it does seem to reset your loot filter though. So you might want to change it to another level and change it back.
"
"
thrustpork wrote:
I've noticed the desync and general server lag, and I can say that I also get actual FPS drops from a stressed GPU. I wasn't aware of this quality option though, could you tell me where to find it? I've checked the options on the main menu as well as in-game and I don't see it.

Edit: I see your XBOX icon, it's possibly only an option for you guys, I'm on PS4.

Unless you're running +30% pack size blighted maps, or Beyond Delirium breaches, 90% chance it's from a stressed CPU. And from the number of challenges you have it's really safe to assume you aren't doing anything close to that.

Lmao. You should really stop lying cuz you love POE, you have no credibility. Thank god no one takes you seriously on here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info