Last edited by BluMetal on Mar 18, 2020, 7:16:05 AM
"
djdias2018 wrote:
"
Genocider wrote:
"
jimsen wrote:
unavoidable backtracking

Nobody is forcing you to run perfectly in sync with mist leaving your items behind. Pick them up, they already said the fog moves slower than intended just to compensate for this. This isnt a mechanic issue, this is a player mentality issue.

mabe you still leveling in act 7 , first of all go to maps and after put your fucking opinion when u run t16.

nice straw man, mr. I'm so good at the game but still need to waste time backtracking
IGN: GoldenPepe
Unusual amounts of toxicity in this thread. Is this caused by easy, instant gratification leagues such as Legion? Newfrogs used to an easy PoE. Get back to fortnite will you?
IGN: GoldenPepe
Last edited by Genocider on Mar 18, 2020, 7:20:42 AM
"
Genocider wrote:
Unusual amounts of toxicity in this thread. Is this caused by easy, instant gratification leagues such as Legion? Newfrogs used to an easy PoE. Get back to fortnite will you?

This is somewhat true, but don't forget that game runs thanks to major playerbase statistically. You can curb your "hardcore-macho-top of 5% attitude" cause its not relevant for future of this game to not be a dead game.

Newfrogs feelings about game being hard is more important than your stance representing minimal playerbase. And that is a fact. Current general outrage is adequate.
Last edited by Daemonion on Mar 18, 2020, 7:49:06 AM
Good luck fixing your shit GGG, I am 100% with you !

Like we say here: Tank you!

"
Genocider wrote:

Aren't yourself super toxic already (and proud to be) ?
"
Genocider wrote:

Not sure why u are talking about the new playerbase. Most of the comments here are from people who are playing poe for a while. Also the new players are important too. How would u feel about starting a game and aren´t able to learn the game since u are getting 1 shot from content u cannot see or even react to it?

Also if you are enjoying the 1 shots from delirium even those u can´t see go for it but all u did was spreading more useless toxicity with ur comment.
I will try to simplify the feedback:

-Oneshots on-death effects
-not rewarding relatively to encounter
-time pressure and anxiety from not being able to maximize utility provided by mirror
-need to backtrack - not enjoying game

It is not critical for these points to be added into game as individual additions, problem is that they are implicitly coherent package, or as a sum if you like.

GGG has really attitude to not step down from ANY of them, rather providing minor fixes where them as fundaments existing together is a problem. They want 3 things where solution IMHO is to have 2 at max to get players favour again:

1) refusing to cancel timer
2) refusing implementation of vacuuming
3) difficulty resulting in danger of often rips

1 + 2 + 3 = current shitstorm

1 + 2 = players could maintain heathy challenge of killing stuff, taking time to collect loot and not risk ripping 3 times per map - acceptable

1 + 3 = Implemented vacuum would ease stress and anxiety from picking, effectively giving QoL to players and focus on challenge from avoiding shit and pushing further in fog - acceptable

BTW Metamorph is a great example where it was effectively "vacuuming" of loot, falling to your feet after completing encounter. Nothing was wrong with that?

2 + 3 = If timer is cancelled then players can feel less stressed they will not maximize the rewards provided by mechanic, then they have to focus on staying alive, and waiting for loot to be safe to pickup from ground -acceptable

Apart from mentioned, rewards should increase anyway to feel ok to waste time going through mechanic at all.
Last edited by Daemonion on Mar 18, 2020, 8:29:35 AM
Yep lets be constructive about the issues:

- Performances.
- One shot.
- Check out league title: This lack of colors is unacceptable.
Last edited by Universalis on Mar 18, 2020, 8:37:24 AM
"
sym wrote:
are you fucking serious?

"
The monster damage bonus scales up to 30% increased at absolute most.

30% extra on a hit that would already one-shot you still one-shots you. do you understand?

"
We are reviewing all of the Delirium monsters and skills to find any that are overtuned and will be making adjustments to any that might be dealing disproportionate damage.

try doing this BEFORE the league comes out

"
(At the time of publishing, we just found an issue where in many areas, Delirium monsters and spawners do not appear when extremely deep in the mist).

how could this possibly get by your """"""tests""""""?

"
Currently, there's a random chance for individual Delirium monsters to have mods that cause On-Death effects.

do you know why random instances of on-death effects works in cases like bearers or volatiles? because you actually have time and visual clarity to tell what the fuck is going on. in delirium you basically can't stop moving, you have 0 time to read the mods on the monsters, and when the """effect animations""" play you can't fucking see shit, UNLIKE bearers or volatiles.
BRIGHT BLUE CIRCLES WITH PULSATING ORBS IN THE CENTER = DEATH
GIANT FLOATING LAVA BALL HEADED STRAIGHT AT YOU = AVOID
there's nothing like this in delirium, there's just grey/white shit, covered up by fog, and then you die if you stop for a second near any mobs

"
it's because they are a viable way of making monsters that are killed instantly have an effect on players, and they aren't trivialised by clear-speed.

so you designed a league mechanic that is squarely focused on how fast you can clear maps to the point that you cannot fucking stop moving at any point, and then you say this shit which makes it seem like you have an issue with clear speed 'trivializing' the game? which is it- do you want people clearing fast or not?

"
Delirium increases the difficulty and reward of all other Path of Exile content.

no, it doesn't. nothing about this is difficult other than attempting to avoid the nearly invisible particle effects that signal something that will instantly kill my character. that's called tedium, to the point that i've started skipping delirium encounters entirely when they don't offer me maps or currency as a reward. and when i don't skip it, i'm basically rolling the dice with my character's experience bar.

this is fucking bullshit and you know it

I gotta agree with pretty much everything.

I am a casual player that actually at times plays a lot. At the moment i can say that this is league mechanic and lore is AWESOME, but the way it is implemented is just so bad that it literally ruins the experience. WHat is the point of making a league that focuses on clearspeed and having all of these things countering clearspeed? Not to mention clearspeed characters do tend to be somewhat of a glass cannons as casters and ranged usually are. Playing melee and getting all of the mobs sh*t into your face comboed with "on death mechanics" which are totally random (and imho should be removed because they are just waaay way too much atm) is basically making melee obsolete this league.

I really want to enjoy this game with spellslinger shenanigans and all, but right now this game is just making me angry. And the OBVIOUS lack of INTERNAL TESTING makes me think should you for once have a PTR and let your players test things for you. Because i remember that every single league there are some things that are waaaay too off, like Syndicate dmge and Rikers spikes which were invisible (how can you miss that), Synthesize league (failed so bad that you actually had to admit it on POE-con) and so on and so forth.

PLease, listen to your gamers and improve on it. I understand that many here will give you tap on your back, say gj and all, but listening to only positive feedback is not gonna get you anywhere. I have seen this happen league after league, i get so amped up and then i just stop playing 1 week in because even tho the thought behind the league mechanics and the lore is awesome, the implementation and all the little unpolished things that ruin the experience make me not play the game for another 2,5 months.
I just entered my first map (the one i got from kirac), entered delerium mirror and got oneshotted by single mob shieldcharging me. Yaay this is fun!

This is exactly why i switched from HC into SC last league. I bet you guys are proud of having a league mechanic that everyone is skipping, including me from now on. Good job.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info