About the Code of Conduct... Discuss!

The best censorship is [deleted]
♤ ♡ ♢ ♧ - ♧ ♢ ♡ ♤
Last edited by SchuhWild on May 10, 2020, 5:27:40 PM
I am waiting for his next round of idiocies...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
I don't need to lol. The threads' fresh again, and as one of my previous threads here showed, there's not that much activity here, so it'll likely remain fresh for some time to come (unless Umbridge wants to try spamming new posts to attempt to bury it). You've very helpfully aided the threads' cause. :)

Anyhoo, just to keep on top of what the latest bit was about: What does it look like when a forums' mods feel themselves accountable to their community? Well, here's an example of how such mods tend to formulate policy and make decisions - https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ggohwr/policy_discussion_part_5_selfpromotion/
Last edited by Exile009 on May 10, 2020, 2:54:15 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
I don't need to lol. The threads' fresh again, and as one of my previous threads here showed, there's not that much activity here, so it'll likely remain fresh for some time to come (unless Umbridge wants to try spamming new posts to attempt to bury it). You've very helpfully aided the threads' cause. :)

Anyhoo, just to keep on top of what the latest bit was about: What does it look like when a forums' mods feel themselves accountable to their community? Well, here's an example of how such mods tend to formulate policy and make decisions - https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ggohwr/policy_discussion_part_5_selfpromotion/

Jonath... Your thread was only bumped by three spaces...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
Hardlicker wrote:
I have no idea what’s going on in this thread..it’s probably cause I’m very high right now..well many reasons actually, perennially stupid perhaps..I didn’t even look up the meaning when I was prompted by spellcheck. I was totally sure I nailed perennially (especially as I’ve now stored it in my dictionary) but I failed at stupid..or did I?

lately ran into a clash with support being in your state and i was even in a good mood. maybe too good.
i try not to think of the outcomes if i were frustrated after playing poe.

the thing i learned is that it's probably not worth discussing things here and risk several thousands of support dollars to a support guy being in the same mood as me.

i finally understand all the longtime players leaving for reddit where you can post anything without the risk of losing your poe account.

freedom of speech in capitalism is a myth, it ends where interests of companies start, whether youre employed there or not.

well, that's it, do i hear cheering in the background?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
i finally understand all the longtime players leaving for reddit where you can post anything without the risk of losing your poe account.

freedom of speech in capitalism is a myth, it ends where interests of companies start, whether youre employed there or not.

you can lose your poe account for posts? :O
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last edited by bwam on May 18, 2020, 5:11:57 PM
"
bwam wrote:
"
vio wrote:

you can lose your poe account for posts? :O

They can lock it, forcing you to contact them and try convincing them to unlock it. And yes, if your account is locked, you can't log in to the game either.

It's not their usual course of action, but it is an option they can and have used. Such is life lived on the edge on these forums...
So the mods just suppressed a post about harassment (not of me, btw) in this game's community, so I rather think their defenders ought to think about what they're supporting. For context, just check the subreddit, where they don't censor such things (it's currently one of the top posts there).
Stick to the... CoC?
Yeah sure.

Obey the CoC at all times?
Definitely.

Worship(!) the CoC?
Well, if you have the... tendency and/or the inclination, why the heck not!

But why would anyone in their (sex is... irrelevant, completely) right mind... envy the damned CoC, I'm asking you?

Edit: Needless —I think— to specify at this point that CoC is an acronym, an abbreviation that is, formed from the initial letters of the words Code of Conduct (but I do so just in case --you know to keep my ass back... covered)!
Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων
Last edited by Nizhidrhamannit on Jul 1, 2020, 9:32:22 AM
As far as I've seen,this code of conduct is mostly like an HR department.

You never quite get what the hell is it for, as it sure as hell isn't for hiring,in this case properly enforcing certain rules. It's mostly there to protect their interests.

So even if you are right, you are still wrong because code of conduct, you might cut too deeply,too to the core of a problem and that might not be to someone's liking.

Just like HR would tell you to go die in a fire but with really nice words,a smile and a handshake, the same could be told by some people who enforce the code of conduct for things where the code of conduct does not really apply, but they stretch it,bend it till it makes somehow sense.

The forum and reddit has become a lot worse ever since the china deal. It's not "tank man" and nothing comes in google images bad, but it keeps getting worse each month,each year. Would it be only for tencent half of the people in this forum would have been banned a long time ago for various reasons.

The only thing this "code of conduct" did, is to discourage people to engage in more serious converastions here,be it about the game or be it about something else. And I guess that was pretty much what they wanted to achieve.
Last edited by Nosferat on Aug 24, 2020, 8:19:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info