[3.11] Brittleknee’s Caustic Arrow CI Trickster - Farm Awakener Comfortably! Video Overview Included

"
TeXpla wrote:
I'm sorry if this question was already made but could this build be possible too with Toxic Rain instead of CA?

Thanks for this build :)

Is a good question because i play with TR instead of CA-
"
Powder02 wrote:
How much should I expect to spend to switch over to CI? I was doing a TR build but I like the feel of caustic much more and love the look of this build.

got to 3 arrows, each does around 500k dps, I'm around 1.5 mil atm the bosses are melting and the explosions are good but, I'm going to switch to CI and lose some of those explosions if not all...
"
Grekey wrote:
...I'm going to switch to CI and lose some of those explosions if not all...

what do you mean by losing the explosions, from asenath's ? you do realize the explosions are based on the mobs life, not yours, right?

I'm already CI, but as I don't have enought currency for them, I went with the large cluster jewel chaos explosion instead. It only procs 10% of the time but the explosion hits harder, so far I'm liking it, was build changing for my old clearspeed.

I just don't like 2 things about the build
1 - The ensnaring arrow/frenzy that both seem to miss a lot and are harder to aim. I am thinking of switching to bane, just don't know what other supports to add to it.
2 - Arrow nova. While some of it's interaction is nice, feels to slow and hard to aim correctly sometimes. I'm ok with switching to concentrated effect for big bosses, but for map bosses and even some rares I'd like to have something easier to aim, so I'm thinking of testing Dying sun as someone recommended + chain/fork and even maybe drop an attack enhancing gem to GMP if/when my damage is big enough. It frees 2 points from the jewel as well, if you don't have the quiver corrupt already. Projectile Speed does help a lot with it though, it improved a lot since I got it on the bow.
"
Apendice wrote:
"
Grekey wrote:
...I'm going to switch to CI and lose some of those explosions if not all...

what do you mean by losing the explosions, from asenath's ? you do realize the explosions are based on the mobs life, not yours, right?

I'm already CI, but as I don't have enought currency for them, I went with the large cluster jewel chaos explosion instead. It only procs 10% of the time but the explosion hits harder, so far I'm liking it, was build changing for my old clearspeed.

I just don't like 2 things about the build
1 - The ensnaring arrow/frenzy that both seem to miss a lot and are harder to aim. I am thinking of switching to bane, just don't know what other supports to add to it.
2 - Arrow nova. While some of it's interaction is nice, feels to slow and hard to aim correctly sometimes. I'm ok with switching to concentrated effect for big bosses, but for map bosses and even some rares I'd like to have something easier to aim, so I'm thinking of testing Dying sun as someone recommended + chain/fork and even maybe drop an attack enhancing gem to GMP if/when my damage is big enough. It frees 2 points from the jewel as well, if you don't have the quiver corrupt already. Projectile Speed does help a lot with it though, it improved a lot since I got it on the bow.

I personally use Bladefall to apply the curse along with using a Witchfire Brew. It's a spell so it doesn't miss and the area is big enough to where you don't really have to aim it.

I like Arrow Nova, but I agree it can be kind of weird to use sometimes because you can't really click on top of an enemy because the accuracy is so bad. I'm currently running Dying Sun with pierce and the area it looks like this:

Spoiler

My issue with Chain and Fork is you actually have to click on an enemy AND ALSO hit. If you miss either click or due to miss chance it just explodes where you clicked. I only have 60% chance to hit like probably a lot of other people running this kind of build so it's not ideal to use skills that rely on hits. It's also kind of wasted since the damage doesn't stack. It'll just chain to an enemy right next to it which doesn't increase the area almost at all. Arrow Nova doesn't have any of those problems and also maximizes the area.
"
eriko wrote:
I personally use Bladefall to apply the curse along with using a Witchfire Brew. It's a spell so it doesn't miss and the area is big enough to where you don't really have to aim it.
Maybe stupid question, but what's the benefit of using spell with curse on hit instead of hand cast curse? Is it faster, uses less mana, has bigger area, longer duration? I don't think it's because of extra damage because we won't scale spell damage really?

I did try in the past rain of arrows in maloney's but that was because it required a bow skill to work, saved me a cast, and covered large area (contrary to frenzy or ensnaring arrow), but I don't wanna go that route again and your idea sounds interesting. Just curious what are the upsides and downsides of it.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
eriko wrote:
Maybe stupid question, but what's the benefit of using spell with curse on hit instead of hand cast curse? Is it faster, uses less mana, has bigger area, longer duration? I don't think it's because of extra damage because we won't scale spell damage really?

I did try in the past rain of arrows in maloney's but that was because it required a bow skill to work, saved me a cast, and covered large area (contrary to frenzy or ensnaring arrow), but I don't wanna go that route again and your idea sounds interesting. Just curious what are the upsides and downsides of it.

There's 2 reasons:

1) It's for when I get around to having a 2nd curse for temp chains.
2) Curse on Hit increases curse effectiveness by 10%.

Other spells would probably work just as well like Orb of Storms or another one that lingers after cast. It's mostly there for when I can't stand next to a boss with Witchfire Brew up. It also looks cool.
Last edited by eriko on Apr 2, 2020, 8:53:05 PM
Thanks for explanation, didn't know it increases curse effectiveness.
I assume that if we don't play with Asenath's and we already have an Awakened Curse on Hit Support there's no reason to pick Whispers of Doom, right? (With the Despair + Enfeeble/Temp Chains on chest)

Right know im pretty happy with my clearing and i don't feel needing Asenath's at all, since my clearing in A8 t15-16 is already pretty fast.

I was considering move those points from Whispers of Doom into the Hexproof node and some extra ES with the leftovers.

Last edited by TeXpla on Apr 4, 2020, 6:06:55 AM
Just wanted to chime in and thank you BrittleKnee that this is the build that made me get 36 challenges this league. I've changed it to accompany only 1 curse instead while maintaining a good amount of eHP (7.5k) and a good damage that does not feel bad to shoot at T16 bosses without changing gems (for awakeners/sirus still changed). The attributes requirements are easily taken care of by cluster jewels (got lucky crafting a few) and since I'm a lazy and cheap person, I don't use Asenath's (the currency is better spent on Cluster Jewels + good amulet) but uses the chaos explosion (with enough damage the clear is decent and was able to do the challenges of Elder/Shaper guardian on 100% delirium). These are my gears.

"
hk3807 wrote:
First of all, I would like to thank Brittleknee for this amazing guide.

I have been leveling smoothly (mostly deathless) ever since I have switched to CI. Have reached 10000 es and around 9700 evasion with no flasks up. However, damage has since become an issue when I reached T14/T15 and some end game maps like Simulacrum and mastermind fight. I would die constantly to the boss once I have run out of flask charges and Vaal discipline.

According to pob, my character reaches around 1M dot when I switched out arrow nova for concentrated effect, which feels kind of weak against end game bosses.

I am saving towards a level 4 empower and perhaps fossil craft a +1 chaos skill gem amulet. I would appreciate any suggestions to boost my dot damage (even at the cost of some survivability).

Stay sane, exiles.

Gear:
Spoiler

Cluster Jewels Notables:
Unholy Grace
Wicked Pall
Brewed for Potency
Spiked Concoction
Brush with Death
Vile Reinvigoration
Energy from the Naught*2

Watcher's Eye:
Malevolence multi 22%
Discipline recovery rate

I am having a lot of trouble staying alive on T15s and T16s. How are you getting so much more ES? I dont know what I should upgrade to boost my ES. I'm at 6.9k ES right now.

I am also taking FOREVER to kill bosses. I have a plus 3 bow with chaos dot multiplier on it. I am wondering if I need to spend a few EX to get a bow with 1 blue and 1 white socket so I can take out arrow nova when needed. But I am not sure if this takes priority over getting ES.

Any suggestions would be very nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info