[3.11] Brittleknee’s Caustic Arrow CI Trickster - Farm Awakener Comfortably! Video Overview Included

"
AhriSafari wrote:
After struggling for a while, I finally got a nurse drop so I'm sitting on about 2 EX. Could someone recommend what needs upgraded in my build? I appreciate any help! Can't quite afford those unique gloves or the watchers eye with malevolence :).

Buy a +3 bow and be back at 0 exalts lol.
I'm just thinking of trying this build out, do I keep this bow or keep slamming till I get +3? There's a prefix slot left thus I can craft chaos DoT on it when I assemble the parts.

"
xsicho wrote:
I'm just thinking of trying this build out, do I keep this bow or keep slamming till I get +3? There's a prefix slot left thus I can craft chaos DoT on it when I assemble the parts.

IMO it's not worth it unless you're in SSF. 6-Link +3 gems bows are relatively cheap and there are a lot of them. You would probably spend more trying to craft it yourself. The dream is a bow like this one.

"
eriko wrote:
"
xsicho wrote:

IMO it's not worth it unless you're in SSF. 6-Link +3 gems bows are relatively cheap and there are a lot of them. You would probably spend more trying to craft it yourself. The dream is a bow like this one.

Aight, I'll keep slamming those fossils then! Thanks for the input! Never tried a build that crafts things like this so I'm a bit confused on CA scaling.
Could anyone help me with survivability? I'm really struggling on T14 maps, dying multiple times per map. It's really frustrating cause on paper I should be ok, but I'm getting shredded like it's nothing. POB is here: https://pastebin.com/CCyn8W8j. Is there something I'm missing? Having invested what I have into it I feel like I shouldn't be unable to complete T14 maps. I'm having a lot of trouble with stuns, chills and freezes, as well as the complete lack of mitigation, so any hit I take drops me low and stuns/chills/freezes me, which is usually enough to finish me off. My Heat flask is not up enough of the time, and runs out quickly on single target fights. Is Cannot be Frozen on boots necessary? I know stun immunity is supposed to come from Ghost Shrouds, but they are down most of the time. Am I supposed to wait for them to regen after each pack?

Having issues killing rare monsters as well, though I know I don't have empower 4 or 21/20 caustic arrow yet. It just feels so weak, as if I'm missing something basic like resistances or something, and I'm really struggling. Thanks for the help.
Man... buy yourself lvl 21 caustic arrow for 30c, no quality, quality gives you tiny increase in area of effect meanwhile 2 levels will give you about 25% damage increase from what you have now in pob.

Your ES pool looks okay so it makes me think you're just getting overrun by mobs.
"
dwperry wrote:
Could anyone help me with survivability? I'm really struggling on T14 maps, dying multiple times per map. It's really frustrating cause on paper I should be ok, but I'm getting shredded like it's nothing. POB is here: https://pastebin.com/CCyn8W8j. Is there something I'm missing? Having invested what I have into it I feel like I shouldn't be unable to complete T14 maps. I'm having a lot of trouble with stuns, chills and freezes, as well as the complete lack of mitigation, so any hit I take drops me low and stuns/chills/freezes me, which is usually enough to finish me off. My Heat flask is not up enough of the time, and runs out quickly on single target fights. Is Cannot be Frozen on boots necessary? I know stun immunity is supposed to come from Ghost Shrouds, but they are down most of the time. Am I supposed to wait for them to regen after each pack?

Having issues killing rare monsters as well, though I know I don't have empower 4 or 21/20 caustic arrow yet. It just feels so weak, as if I'm missing something basic like resistances or something, and I'm really struggling. Thanks for the help.

Tricker's Stun Immunity, like I've outlined several times in the guide, is conditional. It is dependent on having Ghost Shrouds. If you do not have Ghost Shrouds, you will get stunned from every hit of damage you take. You have to learn to watch your buff bar for the green icon, and use your movement skills defensively when they are depleted to get out of trouble. So yes, you'll want to give them time to regen or you'll die. You can also hit Vaal Discipline if you're in trouble to give you a moment to move away to a different part of the map.

They don't take long to at least regen a single one back on you, and your recharge should also begin in that time if properly geared. All you need is a second with no bleed/burning ticking down your shield to get your immunity back.

The build is more duck-and-weave than face-tanky.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Can you expound on the ES version of this build more? I thought this was the most OP build until I switched to ES. I DEF did not read the ascendancy points and did not build correctly, but I have had 10x more deaths since the switch than when on the life-based version. -
"
dwperry wrote:

For damage you really need a level 21 Caustic Arrow gem. That will literally boost your damage by 30% just by ticking it up 2 levels in POB.

I wouldn't allocate Aspect of the Eagle because the damage is already good enough to clear out every map outside of 5 Delirium Orbs on a T14-16. I have Freedom of Movement allocated since it is almost guaranteed phasing while mapping, more evasion, and + dodge chance from attacks while phasing.

I would also replace Blink Arrow with Withering Step. You already have Dash and that basically does the same thing as Blink Arrow, and Blink Arrow is tied to your attack/projectile speed which this build has basically none of. The problem with getting hit in general is since you have 1 HP basically every hit will stun/freeze you if you don't have a Ghost Shroud stack and Withering Step helps with that.

Withering Step is probably the most useful defense/travel skill for this build. Withering Step provides phasing which synergizes with Freedom of Movement and applies 7 stacks of Withering around you so you don't have to place the totems while still applying half the total debuff. The other effect is that it ALSO gives you Elusive, which is will bring your dodge rate to over 30% for a second when you need to run or use Dash to get away from stuff.
Does anyone know if there is room to use Assailum and effective 5L CA to it, pair it with a small cluster Nature's Patience and dick down bosses or is the CI variation of the build losing too much ES from the rare helmet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info