Wolcen - Lords of Mayonnaise

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Warhammer: Chaosbane is a pretty mediocre ARPG game, and it's superior to Wolcen. There are some actual fun builds to play in Warhammer. I got a mage build that can spam teleport and speed through areas like I'm using Enigma runeword armor in D2.

Wolcen had potential, but the developers totally dropped the ball. It's now meme tier. Last time I checked the actual play #s, there were more people playing Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition than Wolcen by a couple hundred people, which is laughably pathetic.

One of their devs actually banned me from the steam section for telling them their patches were extremely low effort and that they should just take their money and run at this point instead of pretending. Hilarious! They must have been super salty. But it's the truth though, if they can't handle someone dropping truth bombs, then they should just casually make their exit off the stage. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. They're the ones who dropped the ball. The PoE devs, even though I don't always agree with their changes, at least seem like they're putting effort into it.

It kinda irks me when someone tries to sell off low effort attempts as "trying". That's not "trying", that's "pretending you care". I got more respect for someone who just tells me they don't give a fuck and puts forth no effort. So in the case of Wolcen developers, I'd have more respect for them if they just took their money and ran, and/or just sold the IP.

Changes take time, especially when your game is as fucked up as Wolcen is. Other examples are No Man's Sky, Final Fantasy 14, Starbound...

I still believe the devs will fix Wolcen for the most part. Even if they're purely greed driven, they're sitting on a cash cow and they need to milk it. It's just gonna take some hard work.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Even if we assume that these greed driven incompetent devs are able to fix it - last month the average players were less than 700. It is getting worse and worse, by the time they fix it nobody is going to care about this disaster. If they are smart they'll keep it on life support and focus on another cash grab project although I am not sure how many people will trust them again.
One month later and half that amount of active players.

The Steam forums are fun to read at times.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jun 19, 2020, 6:46:05 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Even if we assume that these greed driven incompetent devs are able to fix it - last month the average players were less than 700. It is getting worse and worse, by the time they fix it nobody is going to care about this disaster. If they are smart they'll keep it on life support and focus on another cash grab project although I am not sure how many people will trust them again.

It's all about marketing. NMS and FF14 succeeded. Just brand it as a restart. I think Wolcen devs are literally calling it "A New Dawn".
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
gandhar0 wrote:
One month later and half that amount of active players.

The Steam forums are fun to read at times.

lmao what a total train wreck
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Wolcen is here. PoE is dead
"
Elneee wrote:
Wolcen is here. PoE is dead

Wolcen is dead. Warhammer is dead. Torchlight is dead. D4 will probably be dead - after a few months from launch. Grim Dawn is ... good, but sadly didn't quite manage to get there. The only hope for a true PoE competitor at this point is Last Epoch...
last epoch is the same trash
my english sux.
It is on sale now which should give a shortlived surge of fresh players.

Time to go beyond 1k concurrent players again.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:
It is on sale now which should give a shortlived surge of fresh players.

Time to go beyond 1k concurrent players again.

LOL
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info