Wolcen - Lords of Mayonnaise

So, three months later:

From Top Played to Emergency Surgery - What Happened to Wolcen? (Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem)

https://youtu.be/25vcyBVi_x8

Geme is dede? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I'ma wait until 1.1.0 before I play again. Hope they fix most of their shit by then.

Still wild that this game sold like 3m+ copies. The ARPG thirst is still real.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Wolcen: Has it improved a few months on?

https://youtu.be/DFinTLRHhbg

Geme on lyf s'p'rt? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Looks and plays like Diablo 3's nephew. All the money I could have spent on Wolcen, I now spent it to Gamedec.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE

Its currently on life support mode, and will slowly drift to abandonware if they dont ramp up the patch updates. And the patches themself dont seem to change any critical issue so far which lead to the post-release player drought.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Spoiler

Its currently on life support mode, and will slowly drift to abandonware if they dont ramp up the patch updates. And the patches themself dont seem to change any critical issue so far which lead to the post-release player drought.

It's too late for them to save it with the regular patches. Since they've already got a ton of money to tide them over now, they're most likely planning on doing the same thing No Man's Sky did - essentially re-launch the game again at some future date with a new expansion containing most of the big fixes, complete with a massive marketing blitz. No point doing the big changes now, better to save them up for the PR push later.
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Its currently on life support mode, and will slowly drift to abandonware...

Played it again after i stopped in the 1st week after launch. Didn't last long.

Think biggest downfall is a severe lack in itemization. No loothunt present, quite exactly as in D3.

Played Titan Quest then instead and it was significantly more entertaining even tough it is as old as the setting it's placed in.

so yeah....
Last edited by ScoutAT on May 18, 2020, 8:47:28 PM
"
ScoutAT wrote:

Played Titan Quest then instead and it was significantly more entertaining even tough it is as old as the setting it's placed in.

It helps that TQ still looks pretty fucking good.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Warhammer: Chaosbane is a pretty mediocre ARPG game, and it's superior to Wolcen. There are some actual fun builds to play in Warhammer. I got a mage build that can spam teleport and speed through areas like I'm using Enigma runeword armor in D2.

Wolcen had potential, but the developers totally dropped the ball. It's now meme tier. Last time I checked the actual play #s, there were more people playing Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition than Wolcen by a couple hundred people, which is laughably pathetic.

One of their devs actually banned me from the steam section for telling them their patches were extremely low effort and that they should just take their money and run at this point instead of pretending. Hilarious! They must have been super salty. But it's the truth though, if they can't handle someone dropping truth bombs, then they should just casually make their exit off the stage. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. They're the ones who dropped the ball. The PoE devs, even though I don't always agree with their changes, at least seem like they're putting effort into it.

It kinda irks me when someone tries to sell off low effort attempts as "trying". That's not "trying", that's "pretending you care". I got more respect for someone who just tells me they don't give a fuck and puts forth no effort. So in the case of Wolcen developers, I'd have more respect for them if they just took their money and ran, and/or just sold the IP.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 17, 2020, 11:27:03 AM
At least we can´t say that poe doesnt have competition now.
Various ""isometric arpg´s"" on the horizon.
Next up, ""Magic Legend´s"", but look´s rather disapointing so faar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info