Wuhan China Coronavirus.

"
jackof8lades wrote:
10% of the worlds population (760 million) are now quarantined in china, anyone still want to say this is less severe than the flu?
In my opinion anyone not prepping is living in denial and putting themselves in danger.

May want to try reading the whole story somewhere, rather than just grabbing that 10% from a click-bait headline and running with it.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Last edited by aggromagnet on Feb 16, 2020, 12:10:42 PM
"
aggromagnet wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:
10% of the worlds population (760 million) are now quarantined in china, anyone still want to say this is less severe than the flu?
In my opinion anyone not prepping is living in denial and putting themselves in danger.

May want to try reading the whole story somewhere, rather than just grabbing that 10% from a click-bait headline and running with it.

760 m is is 10% ish not sure what the click bait is, but sure dude i hope you ignore this and do nothing i really do.
[Removed by Support]

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Feb 16, 2020, 12:44:19 PM
I find it interesting that there's 1 thread on this forum for this thing, but half a dozen for Wolcen. Wolcen has got more engagement too. Pretty telling, that...
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 16, 2020, 1:06:58 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
I find it interesting that there's 1 thread on this forum for this thing, but half a dozen for Wolcen. Pretty telling, that...

Makes sense, lets face it it's scary really scary stuff, much easier to live in denial and think of other stuff, plus it's not in western countries yet(well not large scale anyway).
But now is not the time to ignore reallity and underreact, and again don't panic but you do need to do a little basic prepping at this point.
[Removed by Support]

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Feb 16, 2020, 1:10:51 PM
"
jackof8lades wrote:
"
aggromagnet wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:

760 m is is 10% ish not sure what the click bait is, but sure dude i hope you ignore this and do nothing i really do.
So apparently you didn't actually look into the whole story, and only paid attention to the click-bait headline. 760m aren't under quarantine lol. 760m are under various forms of restrictions and/or increased monitoring. Roughly 80m of those are under actual quarantine. Still a sizeable number, but a far cry from 10%.

I live in Taiwan and Hong Kong by the way. Primarily Taiwan (Taipei and Hualien), but headed back to Hong Kong in two weeks. I have friends, extended family members, and business contacts scattered throughout the region. Majority of them are fine, but some are/have been sick.

3 infected and recovered (Guangzhou and Shanghai), 1 suspected and in quarantine (Hong Kong), 1 suspected and status/location unknown (Hangzhou), 4 infected and in treatment/quarantine (Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and Hong Kong). And those are just the ones I know about, either through direct contact or hearing from others. None anywhere in Taiwan though, thankfully.

I'm very much aware of what's going on over here in this part of the world, and where it's going on. It affects me directly and personally beyond reading news about it from elsewhere.
Last edited by aggromagnet on Feb 16, 2020, 5:03:07 PM
Unreal you are seriously arguing semantics here, also this attempt at downplaying the problem accomplishes what exactly?
[Removed by Support]

Daily reminder that the corona virus is still a nothingburger. Getting infected with it is super unlikely, and even if it happens there's like a 99% chance you will live. People need to chill out.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Those kinds of "semantics" absolutely matter in these kinds of situations, because of the increased fear, panic, and knee-jerk responses that can result. Is ~1% vs 10% really semantics, though? Regardless, fear and panic have already done far, far more harm over here than the virus itself has.

The situation with the virus is something I have to be aware of and live with every day. It's very serious, but overall far less dire than people who inform themselves via Tweets and Reddit and click-bait tend to convince themselves it is.

The sky is definitely not falling.

China is USING this as a COVER to kill off people will LOW SOCIAL CREDIT SCORES...! That's why they're ordering MILLIONS of BODY BAGS...! FACTS!!!
"
aggromagnet wrote:
Those kinds of "semantics" absolutely matter in these kinds of situations, because of the increased fear, panic, and knee-jerk responses that can result. Is ~1% vs 10% really semantics, though? Regardless, fear and panic have already done far, far more harm over here than the virus itself has.

The situation with the virus is something I have to be aware of and live with every day. It's very serious, but overall far less dire than people who inform themselves via Tweets and Reddit and click-bait tend to convince themselves it is.

The sky is definitely not falling.

but thats the kinda the point isn't it? Panic is more harmfull then the virus(at least i hope so)
So make some basic preperations so that if and when there is a outbreak you are not one of the ppl panicking and rushing to empty stores.
Downplaying this virus and pretending it isn't a big deal can also lead to panic when it leads to ppl being ill prepared for breakdowns in suply chains.
Its better to over then under react in this case imo.
[Removed by Support]

Last edited by jackof8lades on Feb 16, 2020, 6:49:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info