Kobe Bryant dead :(

I'm not a basketball fan at all. Honestly I couldn't care less about it. Still I knew who Kobe was and his death saddens me. He seemed like a decent person.
Handmade cursors for PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740991
Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 15, 2020, 3:39:27 AM
May all the victims RIP. Just a horrible tragedy.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
It’s in poor taste to speak poorly of someone whom recently passed away. Kobe was not an average person, he was in a profession that pushes the human body. While he wasn’t known as a prominent humanitarian, Kobe achieved a higher caliber in the sport of basketball. Irregardless of any sentiments his passing was felt around the world.

We all have roles in life, it’s not about whether someone deserves a title, attention etc... but the question really should be how does someones passing affect you. You’re not required to have a personal relationship with a stranger passing to feel sadness. I would question a persons rationality, mental state and purpose after posting such insensitive comments.

My condolences to his family and the other families that lost a loved one.

-Sol
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jan 29, 2020, 11:15:27 AM
"
solwitch wrote:
It’s in poor taste to speak poorly of someone whom recently passed away. Kobe was not an average person, he was in a profession that pushes the human body. While he wasn’t known as a prominent humanitarian, Kobe achieved a higher caliber in the sport of basketball. Irregardless of any sentiments his passing was felt around the world.

We all have roles in life, it’s not about whether someone deserves a title, attention etc... but the question really should be how does someones passing affect you. You’re not required to have a personal relationship with a stranger passing to feel sadness. I would question a persons rationality, mental state and purpose after posting such insensitive comments.

-Sol

Thats a double standart your promoting there.

One the one hand your saying "people should post how his passing affected them"

And on the other hand your signalling that, really though, some people shouldn't because you don't like what they say.

Sorry sol, but it always irks me when people cant even stay consistent in a couple of minutes of thought.

Either people are free to say what they want even if it offends others, or they are not.

His example about idolatry for example makes sense, it's one of the reasons why people laughed their asses of with Ricky Gervais golden globe performance, because he was actually pointing this out to them.(you learn some lines of text, you have good genes, now take your reward and pi**-off and stop talking about topics you have no expertise in)

And the critique that he is just another human and that many people's death are overlooked daily is also a pretty common humanist trope.

Both seem fair ways of responding to this event, together with the responses that mourn him.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Don't see why some people are so angry. We are birthed equals but once we start affecting the world around us some of us are simply more valuable than others.
"
Boem wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

-Sol

Thats a double standart your promoting there.

One the one hand your saying "people should post how his passing affected them"

And on the other hand your signalling that, really though, some people shouldn't because you don't like what they say.

Sorry sol, but it always irks me when people cant even stay consistent in a couple of minutes of thought.

Either people are free to say what they want even if it offends others, or they are not.

His example about idolatry for example makes sense, it's one of the reasons why people laughed their asses of with Ricky Gervais golden globe performance, because he was actually pointing this out to them.(you learn some lines of text, you have good genes, now take your reward and pi**-off and stop talking about topics you have no expertise in)

And the critique that he is just another human and that many people's death are overlooked daily is also a pretty common humanist trope.

Both seem fair ways of responding to this event, together with the responses that mourn him.

Peace,

-Boem-

Regardless, Kobe was one bad ass motherfucker when it came to basketball. He was the David Goggins of Basketball.........

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info