Kobe Bryant dead :(

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
1. Idolatry isnt a good thing.

2. Dying in a helicopter crash becuase you dont want to be bothered with normal people in traffic is the opitimy of priviledge, isnt lost on me.

3. Ask the woman who he brutally raped how she feels.

What the fuck is the matter with you? So the next time you ever take a plane somewhere, I should tell you that you should drive instead like a normal person???

They only bring up Kobe's name as people, as people were able to relate to him, it's not that he's more important than anyone else.....

#1, there's no 100% proof of what you said about Kobe

#2, His little girl was killed as well! Have a fucking heart!
Some people on this forum are just absolutely sick!
Last edited by Mentoya on Jan 26, 2020, 11:37:09 PM
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

2. Dying in a helicopter crash becuase you dont want to be bothered with normal people in traffic is the opitimy of priviledge, isnt lost on me.

What the fuck is the matter with you? So the next time you ever take a plane somewhere, I should tell you that you should drive instead like a normal person???

They only bring up Kobe's name as people, as people were able to relate to him, it's not that he's more important than anyone else.....

Like no "less important people" died today...

I dont like Kobe. After Colorado, he was dead to me anyways. Seriously fuck that guy.

Rich people who die doing ridiculous things, like taking 10's of thousands of helicopter trips because driving is too inconvenient, dont get much sympathy from me.

The loss of the kids, is tragic, no doubt, but no more so than any other children that died today.

It truly does bother me when people put famous people above everyone else. Like they are some sort of living gods. Its fucked up.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Like no "less important people" died today...

I dont like Kobe. After Colorado, he was dead to me anyways. Seriously fuck that guy.

Rich people who die doing ridiculous things, like taking 10's of thousands of helicopter trips because driving is too inconvenient, dont get much sympathy from me.

The loss of the kids, is tragic, no doubt, but no more so than any other children that died today.

It truly does bother me when people put famous people above everyone else. Like they are some sort of living gods. Its fucked up.

It has nothing to do with "less important people didn't die today" it had to do with the fact that people knew him through watching him being one of the greatest basketball players that have ever lived..... It's like watching a friend die that you can relate to. It doesn't matter how much they make. Kobe is also known for giving tons to charity....

As far as the rape charges. Who knows. I know his accuser refused to testify, and who knows what really went on..... Unless I'm a fly on the wall and can say for sure, I don't judge unless it's proven without a shadow of a doubt.

Your helicopter logic is skewed as well. Don't you know that you have a much greater chance of ever dying in a car crash than a plane or helicopter crash?
So just because it was a helicopter, he somehow deserved it?

I know that it's obvious that you are extremely happy that he's dead though, so contratz! I'm sure you are having a private party right now....

"
Mentoya wrote:
Your helicopter logic is skewed as well. Don't you know that you have a much greater chance of ever dying in a car crash than a plane or helicopter crash?

That logic isn't much better though. People have MUCH more regular contact with cars than with helicopters, thus increasing the likelyhood of getting into accidents. It's like saying that cows are a more deadly animal than sidney funnel web spiders because more people die due to accidents involving them.

That's not how probability works.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

That logic isn't much better though. People have MUCH more regular contact with cars than with helicopters, thus increasing the likelyhood of getting into accidents. It's like saying that cows are a more deadly animal than sidney funnel web spiders because more people die due to accidents involving them.

Helicopters are still much safer, because of less obstacles. That just stands to reason. When one is in a car, you probably pass hundreds of other cars that could any moment swerve head on into you killing you in an instant. With a helicopter, the only thing that can go wrong is something mechanical or a mistake by a pilot etc, which can also happen with cars.......How often do you hear about a helicopter slamming helicopter or plane?

But with cars, most car accidents involve other cars, due to a raised level or risk because of the large amount of incoming traffic in an average situation..........

Last edited by Mentoya on Jan 27, 2020, 12:43:46 AM
Like it or not, famous people are more important than regular joes like you and me. They are usually the best in their fields, serve as inspiration to thousands if not millions of adolescents and, once again usually, donate huge amounts of money to charity.
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

Helicopters are still much safer, because of less obstacles. That just stands to reason. When one is in a car, you probably pass hundreds of other cars that could any moment swerve head on into you killing you in an instant. With a helicopter, the only thing that can go wrong is something mechanical or a mistake by a pilot etc, which can also happen with cars.......How often do you hear about a helicopter slamming helicopter or plane?

But with cars, most car accidents involve other cars, due to a raised level or risk because of the large amount of incoming traffic in an average situation..........

There's no need to make bad assumptions and guesses when you could just google this and get empirical data trivially. Apparently Based on hours alone, helicopters are 85 times more dangerous than cars. If you only compare highway driving on the interstate system then helpicopters are only 27 times more dangerous.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Like it or not, famous people are more important than regular joes like you and me.

What the fuck is this trash logic. Kobe was A FUCKING BASKETBALL PLAYER. He wasnt Nelson Mandela. He didn't cure a disease. He didnt save a life.

Doctors, scientists, police and fire rescue, soldiers, on and on. Far greater impact.

The notion we should be balled up on the floor crying because Kobe died, is absurd, regardless if he wrote a big check to Red Cross.

Seriously, people are really fucked up with this misplaced hero worship.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

"

There's no need to make bad assumptions and guesses when you could just google this and get empirical data trivially. Apparently Based on hours alone, helicopters are 85 times more dangerous than cars. If you only compare highway driving on the interstate system then helpicopters are only 27 times more dangerous.

Regardless, Kobe took planes more than he did helicopters. And planes are definitely safer than cars
Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 15, 2020, 3:39:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info