[3.13] SIEGE BALLISTA HIEROPHANT Build > Iron Commander & 15 Ballistas! CHEAP LEAGUE STARTER!

Thanks again for the answer to my previous question about blood rage!
Thanks for the post of conway, I just noticed that I put the anoinment "utmost swifness" on my amulet AND clicked on the skill on the tree. Won a point back :)
As always the new one here have a few questions...
1. Isn't it good to use Volley instead of Projectile support? In last case extra ones fly in cone but in first one - all go straight.
2. Why do you put Dash in link with CWDT? And is it better than Flame\Frost dash?
3. Looks like the damage is good, but when rare mobs come it goes down like 10 times.
4. And what do we use Master of arena node? Just for 1% of life regen?
"
As always the new one here have a few questions...
1. Isn't it good to use Volley instead of Projectile support? In last case extra ones fly in cone but in first one - all go straight.
2. Why do you put Dash in link with CWDT? And is it better than Flame\Frost dash?
3. Looks like the damage is good, but when rare mobs come it goes down like 10 times.
4. And what do we use Master of arena node? Just for 1% of life regen?

Perhaps I can answer those reasonably as I have been running a version of this build since about a week back to get into this league.
1. No we want them to spread out and hit targets in as big of an area as possible.
2. Dash isn't really linked with cast when damage taken as dash is too high level to be affected by it, that said I personally opted to not use dash and only use flame dash.
3. The damage is good, I don't understand what you mean with it going down against rares, could you expand on that question?
4. The regen yes, but my guess is more for the 20 dex we get from the strength conversion. That said I found it not worthwhile unless you need it to hit a 200 threshold.

https://pastebin.com/Gc9gTiUW My version of the build. A bit lower damage, though I'm only about 3 exalt in, 1 of which went to only getting the cinderflask. But my version is evasion capped and running a fair bit of dodge which I find nice as you won't die nearly as often.

Edit: Just for a little reference on where I am in the game, I recently faced Sirius for the first time. Got him to about 3% before I dummed a bit and died, then went back in and got him for a fairly clean kill for such a squishy build on paper.

Edit edit: Let me just speak a little to just how well going with that extra evasion and dodge has been for me, I'm already halfway to lvl 93 despite running headfirst into packs at T16 maps and placing totems as I go.
Last edited by Mabrima on Jul 2, 2020, 4:25:27 AM
Very good build, I rarely die. I just wanted to add a comment on the anoinment of the amulet: as it's available on the tree used, I think it's better to use a point to get it from the tree and use anoinment to get an other notable.
I went for "cruel preparation" (10% life and +5% elemental resistances) as I was missing 1% resistance to be capped ;)

Other point, it's very hard to get the "40% siege ballista damage" enchantement on the fractal mask, there's none for sale on the market (and my lab runs failed to get it)... :(
Last edited by televore on Jul 2, 2020, 12:34:23 PM
"
Mabrima wrote:

3. The damage is good, I don't understand what you mean with it going down against rares, could you expand on that question?

This league it's about 3rd build I'm trying. And using other ones it takes lets say 3 kills for normal mobs and 5-6 to rare. But with this one I need 3 for normals and 25 for rares.
"
Mabrima wrote:

4. The regen yes, but my guess is more for the 20 dex we get from the strength conversion.

It doesn't convert. It gives you 20 strengs and extra melee stuff.
Last edited by FadingDuch on Jul 2, 2020, 1:44:53 PM
"

It doesn't convert. It gives you 20 strengs and extra melee stuff.

It sure does convert if you are using the Fluid Motion gem as suggested by the build.

As for your damage problem, I would have to look closer on your build to tell what's the problem (which honestly I don't care enough to do) But I am usually killing rares in one or maybe two volleys from my totems on T16 maps.
Is there a reason why we shouldn't take point blank on the tree? I thought it applies to siege ballista.
"
Teka49 wrote:
Is there a reason why we shouldn't take point blank on the tree? I thought it applies to siege ballista.

it applies indeed: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Siege_Ballista
good point, I may try to select it...
EDIT: It seems more powerful (replaced fangs of the viper) especially for bosses.
Last edited by televore on Jul 2, 2020, 5:31:39 PM
Has anyone else played about with clusters / other jewels?

I've managed to get 39% extra cold pen from various things and it's incredible for mapping.. i've strayed away from some of the recommended gear so i'll post a writeup when it's not half 3 in the morn, i'm sure i've made some mistakes with some stuff that doesn't apply.

Am I right in thinking a chain/extra arrow quiver doesn't apply to balistas?
"
Teka49 wrote:

it's corruption on the quiver
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info