[3.10] ED + Contagion Max Block CI Trickster | 1+M DPS | All Content | Super Tanky | Awakener Farmer

"
desu wrote:
"
angelos123 wrote:

I can't understand what I am doing wrong, but I haven't those tankiness. I have almost 7k ES but bosses still oneshoting me frequently and some monsters packs

ES alone isn't the whole tankiness, I had a 14k ES character last league, and this build feels way more tankier. But you need good stats to get that tankiness - as much block as possible, some evasion and dodge, good dps (more ED damage = more regen). Get Watcher's eye with block under Discipline, craft block or spell block on your shield, make sure you have a shield with "recover % of your maximum ES when you block".

Couldn't agree more.
This whole build is based upon a shield with the "recover % of your maximum ES when you block" modifier. So getting attack block and spell block as close to 75% isn't only going to reduce the incoming damage but also guaranteeing you regain ES every 3 in 4 hits.

The Kiloava Lethal Pride Jewel doubles your attack and spell block at the cost of 50% damage still going through, so it should be pretty easy to hit the 75% cap on both.

Getting a great body armour and helmet is also going to improve your defences like crazy, because as a trickster you are double dipping on those item slots.
A decent body armour like mine can get you 2k evasion and 850 ES for only a few exalts.

There are many ways to min/max this build, but I can't complain about the tankiness:
Without flask I'm at 50% evade chance (with flasks at 70%), I've got 50%+ base Spell Dodge, get Elusive on kill for even more Attack and Spell Dodge, have Endurance and Frenzy charges during mapping.
About 1/2 to 3/4 (depending on flasks/Elusive uptime) of the hits get evaded/dodged, and the ones that get through have a 3/4 chance to get blocked for half damage and a 5% ES regain.

So thats 1/8 to 1/16 of all hits that hit me full power on about 9K ES, which usually isn't enough to kill me if I play it smart and move from the really dangerous abilties.
And with ES regen from ED and other sources I'm back at full ES immediately
"
Reechaani wrote:
"
angelos123 wrote:

I can't understand what I am doing wrong, but I haven't those tankiness. I have almost 7k ES but bosses still oneshoting me frequently and some monsters packs

Your characters aren't public, so I can't see your build/gear.

I find Drox one of the easier fights tbh.
With chaos damage you bypass his energy shield, and while channeling Blight and refreshing ED once every 5 sec you do good damage.
Just kill the banners that are under him, ignore the adds in his bubble phase and keep on spamming Blight/ED on him.

Sorry, haven't seen those checkbox in privacy settings, now account should be public
"
desu wrote:
"
angelos123 wrote:

ES alone isn't the whole tankiness, I had a 14k ES character last league, and this build feels way more tankier. But you need good stats to get that tankiness - as much block as possible, some evasion and dodge, good dps (more ED damage = more regen). Get Watcher's eye with block under Discipline, craft block or spell block on your shield, make sure you have a shield with "recover % of your maximum ES when you block".

For now I have 54% chance to block attacks and 48% to block spells without using flask and 75%/64% with flask accordingly
"
angelos123 wrote:
"
Reechaani wrote:
"
angelos123 wrote:

Your characters aren't public, so I can't see your build/gear.

I find Drox one of the easier fights tbh.
With chaos damage you bypass his energy shield, and while channeling Blight and refreshing ED once every 5 sec you do good damage.
Just kill the banners that are under him, ignore the adds in his bubble phase and keep on spamming Blight/ED on him.

Sorry, haven't seen those checkbox in privacy settings, now account should be public

Still can't see them. Are you sure you set your character tab to public?
Last edited by Reechaani on Apr 15, 2020, 3:32:10 PM
"

Yes, I'm sure, please, try again...
Last edited by angelos123 on Apr 15, 2020, 4:52:07 PM
"
angelos123 wrote:
"

Yes, I'm sure, please, try again...

Now I can see them; maybe there was a sync time or something.

Well, there are several things that stand out to me:

1. You are using Shavronnes Wrappings.
That is an item used to go Low Life (as in not Chaos Innoculation, but reserving most of your life with aura's). That is a viable setup for ED, but you are mixing this setup with the setup of Chaos Innoculation, which is less than ideal.

Shavronnes Wrappings has no value for a Chaos Innoculation build, and especially not for a Trickster one with Escape Artist.

You are also converting THE top damage node for Low Life builds (Pain Attunement for 30% damage multiplier) with Lethal Pride.

You should swap to a chest like this, which will give you +2000 evasion and +500 ES:

2. Get rid of Presence of Chayula.
This is a useful amulet, but since we are (most of the time) protected by Ghost Shrouds, we are already as good as stun immune.
You can make this even more fail safe by getting a cluster jewel with Unwaveringly Evil, so you can still cast chaos spells if you do get stunned.

An amulet like this one will give you a lot of extra damage due to the 2 best ways to increase damage (+1 gem lvl and chaos DoT multiplier), as well as extra ES since you can roll or craft +20% maximum ES on it:

3. You are a trickster with Escape Artist, so you double dip from high ES helmets. Try to get one with 300+ ES, and (if you have the currency for it, since it will likely cost more than 10 exalts to craft a decent one) get one with -9% chaos resistance to nearby enemies. Beneficial enchants are also expensive, but worth it.

4. You can get an upgrade for your wand for 1-2 exalts that will increase your damage by a lot, since you current wand has no +1 to gem lvl on it.

5. Get 20% quality on most of your gems (check the poe wiki to see if the extra mods are beneficial), and try to get a lvl 21 ED by lvling 6 ED gems in your backup weapons and corrupting them once they have 20 quality and are lvl 20.

6. Get rid of the useless life flask and Overflowing Chalice, and get something like this. Especially thet Jade Flask of reflexes helps ALOT, since Ghost Dance lets you recover 4% of you evasion as ES when you lose a Ghost Shroud. Since you can get like 30-40k+ evasion, that is alot of ES you regain, not even counting the extra hits you evade.

Also, get a second mod on your quicksilver flask (curse removal, freeze removal for when you upgrade your rings, ...)

7. Get rid of the extra chaos damage gem and link an empower support (at least lvl 3, if you can lvl 4) to you ED setup, since ED lvl's are one of the best ways to get extra damage.

8. Since you are using Blight, you should get a Spreading Rot jewel and use in in your tree (ideally with corrupted blood mod, since Sirus is a pain to do if you don't have it anywhere).

9. Use a 4-link item for you CDWT setup and use Immortal Call in it, that will lower the damage you take by a lot since it is up most of the time. Also, get lower gem lvl's on Withering Step and Tempest Shield, since CWDT only activates gems that are lower or equal than the value in its tooltop.
At the moment they don't activate and are wasted gem slots.

10. Try to get a ring with Despair on hit, and get rid of the Despair gem.

11. I see you are using Flame Dash for movement.
This is a viable setup, but if you want more defence you can use a shield charge gem with fortify support for even less damage taken.

I suggest you try to work on these points and come back if needed after you fix these, since there are always ways to min/max even further.

Good luck!
Last edited by Reechaani on Apr 16, 2020, 1:47:46 AM
Wow...that huge answer...Thanks a lot for your advises. For now I'm trying to rebuild my items from mbExtreeme build, and have no currency for some items, but, for now at least I see where I have to move on. Thank you again!
"
Reechaani wrote:

You are also converting THE top damage node for Low Life builds (Pain Attunement for 30% damage multiplier) with Lethal Pride.

One more thing I can't understand. I'm watching your profile, but you are also converting Pain Attunement with lethal pride
"
angelos123 wrote:
"
Reechaani wrote:

One more thing I can't understand. I'm watching your profile, but you are also converting Pain Attunement with lethal pride

Pain Attunement gives 30% more damage for a Low Life character.
It is one of the most important nodes for Low Life builds, and those builds usually use Shavronne's Wrappings.

I was merely pointing out that you should stick to one path instead of both, so either go Chaos Innoculation, or go Low Life with Shavronne's and Pain Attunement.

Both paths are viable, and each has its own upsides and downsides, but you can't mix them very well.
Could I chime in with a tip regarding the wand?
The wand listed in this guide is very expensive/ or very hard to craft I think, karvarousku has a guide on his youtube on how to craft a wand for ED, might be somewhat worse than the one listed in this thread but it does atleast have +1 and spelldmg and an alternative way of applying despair

Edit: on a sidenote, may I ask at what level could you achieve max block?
Last edited by Chridian on Apr 17, 2020, 2:50:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info