[3.10] ED + Contagion Max Block CI Trickster | 1+M DPS | All Content | Super Tanky | Awakener Farmer

I'm really troubled about what should i choose - yours CI block version, or neighbour's dodge version.

Generally, i like CI much more. No pesky skyhigh random damage, no poisons, no desecrated grounds, and easy recharge without using any flask or skills. Especially in that league that is full of that bull.

But i feel like dodge version would still be not only cheaper, but also better since they don't use glancing blows while have pretty much the same chance to "avoid damage". So they have powerful wind dancer instead. And also will not poof all their charges, since glancing blows 50% is still not 0, so it will poof them for sure.
Recover es on block also doesn't really click with me, because as long as i'm not stunned - the thing that hit me is affected by ed at this point, and with 1mil damage, the regen that i would have from it alone would be 5k. For what i see right now, it's only good if you just stand surrounded doing nothing.

Really liked 100% ailment immunity setup though. Thinking if i can implement that in other version right now.

Not really arguing, just thinking if i miss something (never played trickster before). Want some authoritative opinion on that case.
Hi :)

I'm going for this build, sold my main gear, im leveling a Shadow, and ye we'll see. Currently invested more than 30 ex for gear I can't equip yet. :D

Looks solid tho, never played trickster. I'll let you know of my progress and doubts, thanks a lot for the build. :3
"
Med1umentor wrote:
I'm really troubled about what should i choose - yours CI block version, or neighbour's dodge version.

Generally, i like CI much more. No pesky skyhigh random damage, no poisons, no desecrated grounds, and easy recharge without using any flask or skills. Especially in that league that is full of that bull.

You basically have the exact argument, that i started playing this build with :-D Beeing immune to all this chaos/poison stuff of this league + adding my general ailment immunity, this trivializes most metamorph and conquerer content. (Hard Phys hitter like Drox/Minotaur are the only bosses where i have to open my eyes during gameplay)

If you play a dodge tickster or CI trickster really is no big difference, needs a bit different gear and with enough investment they are both rock solid in defense and damage.

I really like the recovery with 5% on Shield, it usually saves my "Cannot regenerate" maps, since ES Gain from ED is a regeneration it applies to your ES.

But in the end, free choice for everyone :-)

Have fun if you decide for a CI Block version, and have fun if you decide for a dodge version

Cheers
Belvince
"
Med1umentor wrote:

But i feel like dodge version would still be not only cheaper, but also better since they don't use glancing blows while have pretty much the same chance to "avoid damage". So they have powerful wind dancer instead. And also will not poof all their charges, since glancing blows 50% is still not 0, so it will poof them for sure.
Recover es on block also doesn't really click with me, because as long as i'm not stunned - the thing that hit me is affected by ed at this point, and with 1mil damage, the regen that i would have from it alone would be 5k. For what i see right now, it's only good if you just stand surrounded doing nothing.

Really liked 100% ailment immunity setup though. Thinking if i can implement that in other version right now.

Not really arguing, just thinking if i miss something (never played trickster before). Want some authoritative opinion on that case.

I'd recommend not trying to incorporate ailment immunity in my setup. It's very hard to do, I really tried. CI is much less gear dependant than my mechanics-creeped version and it's much easier to incorportae various utility things in this CI version.

If you like CI more, go for it! Charges do void quickly with block (glancing blows or not, iirc), but CI has a larger ehp pool and so many different recovery mechanics that it's really no problem at all. Also, My version isn't really cheaper... ^^' It is however, easier to reach higher damage numbers.

Small note: ED's regen isn't calculated on the damage the targets are taking, but on damage dealt. This means Enemies resistances wont affect it, but neither will spider aura, wither totem, decay or despair. This means your regen will be more like 2k (1k with wicked ward) instead of 5k. That said if you are in a situation where you are repeatedely getting hit, oyu most likely have ed on a pack of mobs, giving you infinite sustain, so your point still stands. ES on block is still valuable for all situations where you for some reason don't have ED on a target (aul, awakener, phase bosses...) and is still a nice bonus to have.

Anyways, here were my two cents on it.
TL/DR: go for it, I can confirm this is a good choice of a build! ^^
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

I'd recommend not trying to incorporate ailment immunity in my setup. It's very hard to do, I really tried.

I really don't want to, but have to agree on that. It is very hard to gear for, but if you can, it is 100% worth it. Awakener can basically kill you with nothing but his giant meteor or his storm, everything else can be facetanked on A8 (even though i would not suggest it, why risk it if you can just move out of harm easily with a dot build)

If someone has a pair of good ES Boots with 30%+ Avoid Elemental Ailments and some Fire and Cold Resistance, please message me ;)

"
Darkxellmc wrote:

TL/DR: go for it, I can confirm this is a good choice of a build! ^^

Thanks for the Confirmation :-)

Happy draining!
Belvince
If you guys would like to see "my" version of the build. Take in perspective its alot of currency here.

https://pastebin.com/PTqgxFQZ

3.7m ED dps

And i dont even have Watchers eye yet!

If you look in the PoB i set my skill level to 22 because PoB dont calculate +1 from amulet right now. so i had to set my skill higher to make it level 28 like i have in game.
Last edited by DanielAppelkvist on Jan 3, 2020, 2:35:16 PM
Came across you in game, here is my POB and basically looking what to go for next, with and without considering my current 5ex availability.

Thanks in advance.
"
If you guys would like to see "my" version of the build. Take in perspective its alot of currency here.

That PoB though :-D ~100 Skillsets :-D

I also want to add some vaal discipline and vaal rf into my build, cuz they just add up easily, but i really love the survivability and am too lazy to remove my portal gem *g*

I may also rework to some more dps at some point, but right now i'm not in the mood :)

Love that body armour though!

Thanks for even more inspiration to fine tune :)
"
Hbgsmokesalot wrote:
Came across you in game, here is my POB and basically looking what to go for next, with and without considering my current 5ex availability.

Thanks in advance.

Where's a PoB? :-P
https://pastebin.com/pt447rXG

sorry bout that

noticed that my arcane surge was max level and got distracted
Last edited by Hbgsmokesalot on Jan 3, 2020, 3:02:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info