[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

feels awsome..sitting on 5k life atm but cant cap ress.
"
bultraaas wrote:

feels awsome..sitting on 5k life atm but cant cap ress.

Well, using another 13 catalysts on your ring should give you ~4 to 5 all res. Also, you could get a better belt, or try to use an Orb of Annullment to remove the stun duration, then craft resistances and use another 20 catalysts.

In addition, you can do a lot with an Abyssal Jewel in your belt. Yours only gives you life, and it's not even a high roll. You can easily get +10 resistances for two resistances or 10/10/20 as combination of all three resistances:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/dZRO4lbiJ
Searching for at lest 26 life (T3 roll) and 35 combined elemental resistances (both suffixes are resistances)

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/En9qekZf5
Or only 24 combined resistances (usually one suffix only)

But yes, the more uniques a build uses, the harder it gets to get enough resistances. during Harvest, it was way easier, since we were able to craft resistances onto our cluster jewels without that damn RNG. This league, even i have to use a resistance ring instead of a second Circle ring... and i usually try to squeeze out as much dmg as possible...
Hi all,

First of all, thanks everyone especially @HornedTerrorist - i drew a lot of inspiration from you guys throughout this league. This build was rough in the beginning but i'm in a very comfortable spot now - i'm able to do 80% delirium maps easily (haven't tried 100% yet) and similar content. I was able to hit level 96 and according to POB it looks like i have around 7 mil Shaper dps.

However i need some direction in taking my build to the next level - it seems there are a lot of directions i could take, especially with cluster jewels. but i could use some advice on what my immediate next steps should be. i have around 17 exalt to spend.

here's my POB if anyone wants to take a look:
https://pastebin.com/hF2FcP9U

Thanks much! :)

Super fun build. I'm running T13-T14s at level 82 now, die pretty frequently but have solid clear. DPS is pretty lacking though on bosses and when I compare my POB to the posted ones, I see a massive DPS difference (I'm around 300K only).

Could anyone take a look and let me know what I'm missing? I'm still squishy with only 3.2K life, but I feel like I could deal with that if I had more solid DPS.

I only have around 10ex so I'm still farming for my asenath's but I feel like I should be able to improve DPS a lot without it.

Thanks!
can anyone explain self poisoning to me? i checked like 20 pages and there was no real explination.

unaffected by poison watchers + golden rule. but what does having more poisons on you do and is there any other scaling i need for it? i see the ascendancy it adds duration for poisons inflected recently, but is that it?

edit: and with about 20ex what is the best 2nd watchers mod?

thanks! builds been great so far. one of my favorites after like 20 seasons :D
Last edited by hipposaver on Oct 18, 2020, 7:17:24 PM
"
hipposaver wrote:
can anyone explain self poisoning to me? i checked like 20 pages and there was no real explination.

unaffected by poison watchers + golden rule. but what does having more poisons on you do and is there any other scaling i need for it? i see the ascendancy it adds duration for poisons inflected recently, but is that it?

edit: and with about 20ex what is the best 2nd watchers mod?

thanks! builds been great so far. one of my favorites after like 20 seasons :D
Self poison does a fair number of things for us. For instance:

Self poison + Icefang Orbit + Winterweave
You are poisoned, and do 40-60% increased damage. When you are poisoned, you are also chilled, however, Winterweave reverses the effect of chill on you, so you are permanently fast, and of course, chilled ground has no additional effect.

Apep's Slumber shield: grants 250 ES/s if you have at least 5 poisons on you. We regularly have 70+, so ES is always regenerating at that rate. Also boosts your max resists by 3%, including chaos resist - which, if you are using The Golden Rule, will max out your poison resist at 78% virtually all the time.

Also, because you are poisoning yourself at the same time as critters, number of poisons applied recently is doubled, which is a significant damage boost.

Of course, you must be unaffected by poison for this to work without instantly suiciding, so a great many chaos damage sources from critters simply have no effect.

I've been using Apep's Slumber nearly since the league start. A guildmate of mine is using the Icefang / Winterweave combo.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Oct 19, 2020, 12:34:17 AM
"
hfboogie wrote:

Super fun build. I'm running T13-T14s at level 82 now, die pretty frequently but have solid clear. DPS is pretty lacking though on bosses and when I compare my POB to the posted ones, I see a massive DPS difference (I'm around 300K only).

Could anyone take a look and let me know what I'm missing? I'm still squishy with only 3.2K life, but I feel like I could deal with that if I had more solid DPS.

I only have around 10ex so I'm still farming for my asenath's but I feel like I should be able to improve DPS a lot without it.

Thanks!
First off, you're doing something odd in POB. When I load your profile, I'm seeing 4.7 million. Did you remember to set Blade Vortex to 10 blades?

Also. Hrimburn is crippling your poison output. It takes away Physical damage, which is what our poison scales from, and turns it into cold damage, which doesn't do anything for our poison, AND is set to zero because of the No Elemental Damage line on the cold iron points. You can literally boost your damage by 40% by not using any gloves at all. Spend 5 chaos on a set of rares that have a bunch of life and any kind of crit or added physical damage - remember to avoid damage to attacks, that's useless.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Oct 19, 2020, 12:44:15 AM
"
timbosaurus wrote:
Hi all,

First of all, thanks everyone especially @HornedTerrorist - i drew a lot of inspiration from you guys throughout this league. This build was rough in the beginning but i'm in a very comfortable spot now - i'm able to do 80% delirium maps easily (haven't tried 100% yet) and similar content. I was able to hit level 96 and according to POB it looks like i have around 7 mil Shaper dps.

However i need some direction in taking my build to the next level - it seems there are a lot of directions i could take, especially with cluster jewels. but i could use some advice on what my immediate next steps should be. i have around 17 exalt to spend.

here's my POB if anyone wants to take a look:
https://pastebin.com/hF2FcP9U

Thanks much! :)
That Ruby ring could go. All it has is some life and half decent resists. Try to find one with some extra affixes that help.

Other than that, I predict a cluster jewel setup in your near future. A complete 1L/2m/2s setup was 5-6ex last time I checked.

Or maybe add a few ex to that hoard and pick up Asenath's, and stack corpse explosions to the roof. :)
Hi guys,

Any suggestions how we can complete the Aulen Greychain immortal call challenge using this build? Seems like the Southbound trick doesn't work for DOT builds.

Thank you.
I can't find the cluster jewel in the POB on trade, the Added small passive skills grant: #% increased chaos damage just flat out doesn't exist in the list of modifiers?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info