[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

How do I get skitterbots out? My mana is already reserved from HoA/Malevolence/FaS
"
Exileee wrote:
How do I get skitterbots out? My mana is already reserved from HoA/Malevolence/FaS

You need Enlighten level 4 in your helm to use all of the above, OR a lower level Enlighten and a ring that reduces HoA mana reservation.

I hit 36 challenges today, yay. All self farmed and completed except for paying someone who had an atziri in temple.
"
a6140223 wrote:
How is everyone running two large cluster jewels?

With Lethal pride socket place + it almost feel impossible to run 2 large cluster jewesls + 4 medium jewel + 4 small jewels? Unless people make sacrifice of the small cluster jewels?

In addition, with apep running + cold iron point, map clearing is not as smooth. Any suggestion on gears would be much appreciated :(

First of all, you have to understand cluster jewels and the symbiose of some items. Most ppl are running an explosion mod of some kind, be it asenath's, Obliteration, the cluster-jewel mod (don't know the name atm) or a chest with the explode-mod. Without having any of those mods, mapping is CONSIDERATELY slower. I myself am not a big fan of Asenath gloves, imo they are way too pricy and require way too much other stuff to be worthwile (like second curse-annoint or curse-chest) and limit the ability of switching out single items without ruining the build.

Second, running 2 large, 4 medium + 4 small cluster jewels isn't always the way to go. Having one large cluster jewel for Overwhelming Malice (Unholy might on crit) is a big DPS push. I'm using one large, 3 medium, 3 small atm. I got a LOT of skill points, when i stopped going for the large scion life-cluster. Sure, you get 49% increased Life + 20 flat life for 8 skill points. But you also need 10-15 skill points to get over there, which give you almost nothing in comparison. If you use a good rolled small cluster jewel with 3 passives (good rolled are worth 3 instead of 2 small passives!), you get more out of it. Good rolls are flat life (+10) on small nodes + Fettle or Surging Vitality. I'm having 1x Fettle, 2x Surging Vitality.

So if you have a jewel like
- 4% increased life on small nodes
- 10 life on small nodes
- Fettle

you basically get +40 life and 18% increased life. If you'd have two of those, that would be 80 life and 36% increased life, and since 30 life roughly translates to 5% increased max life (ROUGHLY!), you'd get the whole scion cluster for 6 skill points instead of 8, and way less skill points to reach it.

Almost the same goes with DPS nodes, but it's a bit more complicated here and you'd need PoB for calculations, which nodes are worth skipping for cluster nodes. It requires a bit of knowledge of how DMG is calculated too.
"
"
a6140223 wrote:
How is everyone running two large cluster jewels?

With Lethal pride socket place + it almost feel impossible to run 2 large cluster jewesls + 4 medium jewel + 4 small jewels? Unless people make sacrifice of the small cluster jewels?

In addition, with apep running + cold iron point, map clearing is not as smooth. Any suggestion on gears would be much appreciated :(

First of all, you have to understand cluster jewels and the symbiose of some items. Most ppl are running an explosion mod of some kind, be it asenath's, Obliteration, the cluster-jewel mod (don't know the name atm) or a chest with the explode-mod. Without having any of those mods, mapping is CONSIDERATELY slower. I myself am not a big fan of Asenath gloves, imo they are way too pricy and require way too much other stuff to be worthwile (like second curse-annoint or curse-chest) and limit the ability of switching out single items without ruining the build.

Second, running 2 large, 4 medium + 4 small cluster jewels isn't always the way to go. Having one large cluster jewel for Overwhelming Malice (Unholy might on crit) is a big DPS push. I'm using one large, 3 medium, 3 small atm. I got a LOT of skill points, when i stopped going for the large scion life-cluster. Sure, you get 49% increased Life + 20 flat life for 8 skill points. But you also need 10-15 skill points to get over there, which give you almost nothing in comparison. If you use a good rolled small cluster jewel with 3 passives (good rolled are worth 3 instead of 2 small passives!), you get more out of it. Good rolls are flat life (+10) on small nodes + Fettle or Surging Vitality. I'm having 1x Fettle, 2x Surging Vitality.

So if you have a jewel like
- 4% increased life on small nodes
- 10 life on small nodes
- Fettle

you basically get +40 life and 18% increased life. If you'd have two of those, that would be 80 life and 36% increased life, and since 30 life roughly translates to 5% increased max life (ROUGHLY!), you'd get the whole scion cluster for 6 skill points instead of 8, and way less skill points to reach it.

Almost the same goes with DPS nodes, but it's a bit more complicated here and you'd need PoB for calculations, which nodes are worth skipping for cluster nodes. It requires a bit of knowledge of how DMG is calculated too.

Thank you for the explanation, without being able to afford an 6L explosion chest & asenath, i'll probably go back to Bino+CIP for now.

The 1 large + 3 medium + 3 small is brand new to me, very interesting & informing too. Thanks.
Hey,
first of all thanks for this build guide, I'm having fun with it.
I have a question, I like to run maps, simulacrum, delve etc. Right now I'm using:

Should I buy another Cold Iron Point with corruption for more dps or is it ok with mix of both weapons?
My second question is what is our Frenzy Charge generator? I'm killing stuff but I don't generate any charges.
Last edited by Lisonn on Apr 11, 2020, 9:29:49 AM
I was running the build with Kintsugi/Winddancer/Mistwall combo for my defences up until level 90, now i switched to the apep's shield with mom and i think it's a bit better but i still die. I still got the Kintsugi+Winddancer but i'm unsure if that's a good idea now. Also i was thinking about the Divine Flesh keystone, would't that be strong since we would always have 88% chaos res with apeps and mitigate 50% of elemental damage with it? I guess it doesn't work with mom, but would't Divine flesh be even stronger than mom?

Would be really thankful if someone could help me to optimize my build more as it feels a bit messy at the moment.

Edit: Also i was thinkin about getting a shaper crit chest with a lot of life as i don't feel like i need the explosion/curse chest, is that a good idea?

2 Edit:

Just hit this chest in one fossil lol guess i should use it? Even gives mom this seems really strong.
Last edited by Muddaawwsome on Apr 11, 2020, 10:30:10 AM
"
Muddaawwsome wrote:
I was running the build with Kintsugi/Winddancer/Mistwall combo for my defences up until level 90, now i switched to the apep's shield with mom and i think it's a bit better but i still die. I still got the Kintsugi+Winddancer but i'm unsure if that's a good idea now. Also i was thinking about the Divine Flesh keystone, would't that be strong since we would always have 88% chaos res with apeps and mitigate 50% of elemental damage with it? I guess it doesn't work with mom, but would't Divine flesh be even stronger than mom?

Would be really thankful if someone could help me to optimize my build more as it feels a bit messy at the moment.

Edit: Also i was thinkin about getting a shaper crit chest with a lot of life as i don't feel like i need the explosion/curse chest, is that a good idea?

I was looking at other players which use Divine Flesh and I've made my own version.
https://pastebin.com/uExjeTBN ( use LocalIdentity fork of Path of Building ).
I've edited Glorious Vanity jewel so it removes and adds all of the passive stats which are actually allocated in game ( since PoB can't pull changed passives from jewel ). This is probably the tankiest build I've ever made ( fully buffed defensive stats are insane ), only thing which can kill me is one shot from some huge physical hit while my Immortal Call is not up ( excluding usual one shot stuff ). I can still improve this ( I have to take 3 passives to get Ritual of Shadows keystone from timeless jewel, best case scenario is 1 passive ), but not by much.
Hey everyone, OP here.

For all the questions regarding apep's, Mind over matter, mistwall etc etc etc..

MY BUILD DOESN'T USE THEM..

If you follow my build and ask me why your MoM apep version isn't working I can't help you.

I don't struggle with survivability, i've cleared the game with it again this league. Please join the discord if you need help, lots of build admins there.

appreciate you all.
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
Gr0bbs I don't know why you don't post here when you make changes to the build. If I didn't see your YouTube video now I wouldn't know you added the second jewel cluster build - I recommend just stating that in a post when you do, or else lots would miss it! Good opportunity to plug your YouTube channel too!

Thanks for the build. I've hit 36 challenges with it and I'll try out the double cluster setup today.
Last edited by Shaddolf on Apr 11, 2020, 6:44:59 PM
"
Shaddolf wrote:
Gr0bbs I don't know why you don't post here when you make changes to the build. If I didn't see your YouTube video now I wouldn't know you added the second jewel cluster build - I recommend just stating that in a post when you do, or else lots would miss it! Good opportunity to plug your YouTube channel too!

Thanks for the build. I've hit 36 challenges with it and I'll try out the double cluster setup today.
try grabbing a 2nd cold iron with power charge on crit corruptions should boost your dps more than a 2nd cold iron with dot
Last edited by Rezechs on Apr 11, 2020, 7:50:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info