[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

I am new to shadow (first time).
feel like I am really struggling at bosses (damage wise) compared to my former necro.
Am I doing something wrong? (i can of course throw some gcp on my gems etc)
Last edited by arikshkol on Jun 21, 2020, 1:20:28 PM
"
SauMaris wrote:

What am I doing wrong? I have 5-link and my tooltip says it's 866 dps :(

Be sure you're checking this number:

The garbage above that line is random mods from levelling gear.
"
arikshkol wrote:
I am new to shadow (first time).
feel like I am really struggling at bosses (damage wise) compared to my former necro.
Am I doing something wrong? (i can of course throw some gcp on my gems etc)

My personal suggestion is start using garden crafts, pick white / blue items with good links and craft them with "reforge normal / magic item into rare", I struggled a lot until I realized I'm still wearing my act 1 rares that cannot roll higher values of mods so I'm stuck with having +10 life rolls no matter how many times I reroll.

Pick a 1.5 speed bow and roll with garden until you get +1 to bow gems (or similar mod) and use garden to set it to 4 sockets / 4 links when you get the option. It's much more common than jeweller's / fusings from what I've noticed.

Also yeah, contrary to minion builds you can't afk bosses and you can't burst them because it's a dot spec. I died 5 times on Kaom until I decided time to get some resists instead of yoloing it naked (softcore life ha). Then my experience improved a lot.
"
Viktranka wrote:

Be sure you're checking this number:

The garbage above that line is random mods from levelling gear.

Thanks for teaching something new. It's 60k, I feel relieved.
"
SauMaris wrote:
Thanks for teaching something new. It's 60k, I feel relieved.
Keep in mind that's per 1 instance of toxic rain, it doesn't count pod overlap from faster attack speed / longer skill duration, it doesn't count mirage archer, and it doesn't count pod shotgunning from increased aoe. So it's really inaccurate to tell you what's your "real" damage.
are you guys mapping with TR? start felling that i dont have enough dmg on TR for a fast mapping this is my gear:

Spoiler

CA + Nova Arrow + pierce works?
Last edited by gokudin on Jun 21, 2020, 3:02:20 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Duba wrote:
Is Void Manipulation bugged with CA atm? IT does not update the tooltip when i have it linked with CA. It works normally with TR.
It works for me, it goes from 6.4k unlinked to 8.4k linked (I'm still low lvl so disregard low overall dmg just saying it works). Check the line that says deals XXX chaos damage per second. The ones above don't matter, they're just from random mods on the bow / jewellery.

P.S. OK. I didn't see your edit when I was writing this.

I would also assume yours might be higher since you arent even playing the same character. This version isn't a ranger.
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
I would also assume yours might be higher since you arent even playing the same character. This version isn't a ranger.
That doesn't matter really, everyone's damage is gonna be different depending on their level, gear, gem level, exact pathing on the tree etc. Point was if a support gem works or doesn't or whether it shows in tooltip or doesn't, doesn't depend on any of those factors. But since you found out what was the problem (socketing 2 of the same support by mistake) then it wasn't a tooltip bug or anything.
Hi all, the build is working great so far , specially clearing.

What is everyone thinking about annointing? I'm still doubting going for something that helps TR for bosses or CA. I read the last pages and can't decide on the options

Any ideas? So far i'm at t9-11 maps and CA has been more than enough (first time playing the ability , so no sure how well will it scale in high red maps), but i need a lot more on TR (need to get something to sustain the mana if i go for a 6th link and more AS)

Suggestions?
"
nathlar wrote:

What is everyone thinking about annointing?
The ideas people were throwing around was exceptional performance (cheaper than potency of will), or a defensive anointment.

I think heavy draw or farsight are also decent budget options.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info