[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

I saw your reddit joke about the wife, good luck with the push. :)
Haha thanks! I hope I'll be able to pull it off.
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
I'll be starting with this on 3.11 too, and i've been wondering:

What's the best strategy to get the "+2 socketed support gems" craft? I understand it drops from catarina-veiled items (ilvl 80+, is that correct?), and I could run a mastermind or two early league, but i was planning on farming syndicate with the 2 research 2 intervention strategy, so I won't be seeing much of catarina.

Can you buy and unveil items to find it? how do you know they have a chance to unveil +2 socketed supports?

Thanks!
"
Rathke wrote:
Can you buy and unveil items to find it?
Yes, you can as long as you're not SSF ofc. You need to type "catarina's veiled" in the trade filter.

"
Rathke wrote:
how do you know they have a chance to unveil +2 socketed supports?
It's random, but low ilvl weapons / shields can only unlock +1 instead of +2. I heard it's 80+ the cutoff for unveiling +2 instead of +1.

If these items are expensive early on, you can run on a budget bow that has +2 to bow gems (from essence or alt spam) until you're ready to upgrade.
"
Viktranka wrote:
Yes, you can as long as you're not SSF ofc. You need to type "catarina's veiled" in the trade filter.

Excellent! This is what I was having trouble with, good to know. Thanks

Edit: it's found in shields and any type of weapon?
Last edited by Rathke on Jun 6, 2020, 7:06:43 PM
"
Rathke wrote:
it's found in shields and any type of weapon?
Yes.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/lJVJLpcV
Hey man great build, im thinking of starting 3.11 with TR in sc harvest, i was just thinking how much curency i need to min max it for downing A8 awakener and run high t16s?
Im semi new to the game even tho i played alot of delirium and did alot of farming, crafting and puzzling around builds.
Just wondering how much would this cost me since i would like it for starter and to farm up stuff for new characters.
Great content man btw gj!!
"
Xistance4 wrote:
Hey man great build, im thinking of starting 3.11 with TR in sc harvest, i was just thinking how much curency i need to min max it for downing A8 awakener and run high t16s?
Well... be able to run content and "min max" is not the same price point. I'd say 1ex for being able to clear content slowly and with a bit of pain, 10-15ex to clear everything if you have some knowledge of game mechanics (won't insta phase bosses or face tank them), but to min max it?

People sank hundreds of exalts into "min maxing" for small gains, stuff like "I don't want any dead mod on my bow" or "I want perfect crafted helmet with correct enchant" can cost a lot of currency for relatively small performance gain but without these the character can't be really called "min maxed".

P.S. Hopefully Harvest targeted crafting will help in making perfect bow without having to go through 1000s of regals.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Xistance4 wrote:
Well... be able to run content and "min max" is not the same price point. I'd say 1ex for being able to clear content slowly and with a bit of pain, 10-15ex to clear everything if you have some knowledge of game mechanics (won't insta phase bosses or face tank them), but to min max it?

People sank hundreds of exalts into "min maxing" for small gains, stuff like "I don't want any dead mod on my bow" or "I want perfect crafted helmet with correct enchant" can cost a lot of currency for relatively small performance gain but without these the character can't be really called "min maxed".

P.S. Hopefully Harvest targeted crafting will help in making perfect bow without having to go through 1000s of regals.

hey Viktranka ty for reading my question, well yeah i didn't think into ''deep min maxing'' i guess, i just meant on how much do i need to make this build work for A8 sirius and t16s to feel kinda comfortable, like there is a chance to die to A8 sirius but higher chance of killing him - in like a fight lasting 5 - 10mins. -> that kind of ''min maxing''.

yeah i hope harvest will help with crafting a ton, tbh i can't wait for league to start!
"
Xistance4 wrote:
how much do i need to make this build work for A8 sirius and t16s to feel kinda comfortable, like there is a chance to die to A8 sirius but higher chance of killing him - in like a fight lasting 5 - 10mins. -> that kind of ''min maxing''.
Vast majority of expenses is the bow (count at least 4ex, more around 7ex for a decent one, not "best" but "good enough") and empower lvl 4 (can be self made), lvl 21 toxic rain can also be counted there (you can mass level them in weapon swap for corrupt but when you have my luck that it takes 50 gems to get any rank 21 gem for league's challenge then you resort to just buying what you need).

After that the build is mostly playable, even without expensive amulet, quiver, awakened supports, cluster jewels, etc. Without enlighten 4 you might have to temporarily invest into mana reservation nodes or drop 1 aura, but any aura except malevolence is QoL not must have.

Corrupt chest, watcher's eye, unnatural instinct, etc. are more luxury items / end game damage upgrades.

I hope Hasunic can tell us more, but afaik he played the spec in SSF HC too and there you're left to self crafting all the gear and some items like Unnatural Instinct are not reliable to obtain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info